Dell Poweredge 5810

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so now I have a Samsung SSD in this thing as my OS drive and it is way faster now. It was a choke and puke speed earlier..

anyway.. it has a NV 310 video card. I tried putting in my asus GeForce 560 gt OC. I got the green lights on the back of the card but no video. Anyone know any secrets to running a better video card in this thing?

plans are to use it for hyper-v and also a photoshop/lightroom/premiere editing machine.
oh and some occasional gaming...

what card would run in this as it seems there is limitations?

oh and not looking to kill the bank!

quick google says this will work..
Dell PNY Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 980 4GB Graphic Card

so wonder why my 560 gt didn't work....

Ok so this sucks... I think I figured it out...
I only have a 425w power supply and that maybe what is killing it. Weird thing is the machine appears to boot, just no video. Back of the video card has 2 green LED's and they light up. I figured if there isnt enough power they wouldnt or somehow I would know visually that there isnt enough power.

I do have a geforce 9600 gtx I can try so that will be my next but if that works then it proves the PSU isnt enough and that would suck as I wanted to go SLI 560's... oh well..

yup... so I tried my GeForce xfx 9600 gt and no go...
but quadro 4800 worked... it is better than the nv 310 so it is in for now. need to find something that will work good...

Back