Dell Power Supplies

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Is it true that PC power and Cooling make ALL Dell power supplies? Do they just use them in the higher-end models that are more expensive or are they also in the cheaper $500 bargain setups?

I can tell you that the last tell I transplanted for a freind didn't use a PC Power and Cooling nor did it have a different pinout. I think when they were doing the proprietary stuff they were using PCP&C but now not anymore.

Well i've had at least one person that seems to know quite a bit about them tell me that all the Dell Dimension desktops have rebadged PC Power and Cooling PSU's in them. I'd like to find out though if this is true and specifically what machines have the PCP&C PSU's and which dont just for reference sake.

jamestime88 said:
they probebly arent putting a 510w turbo cool in there......

No probably 300-400w is the size they use in most all their high-end Dimension desktops. And if its a PCP&C then thats more then enough. I just never knew Dell was using PCP&C PSU's in all their systems. I knew you could get a Dell propriety PSU from PCP&C though.

Uh.. no they're not PCP&C, at least not in any Optiplex/Dimension/Precision/Poweredge that I've worked on. I have boxes of dead Dell power supplies at work and unless PCP&C have a horridly high failure rate, and they're made in Taiwan then they don't make them. I've popped open a few of them trying to do any repairs I could to get machines working again and they are very, very poorly made power supplies, not something PCP&C would produce. I think what you heard was confused by PCP&C making replacement PSU's for Dells, but several other companies produce them as well.

tdg said:
Uh.. no they're not PCP&C, at least not in any Optiplex/Dimension/Precision/Poweredge that I've worked on. I have boxes of dead Dell power supplies at work and unless PCP&C have a horridly high failure rate, and they're made in Taiwan then they don't make them. I've popped open a few of them trying to do any repairs I could to get machines working again and they are very, very poorly made power supplies, not something PCP&C would produce. I think what you heard was confused by PCP&C making replacement PSU's for Dells, but several other companies produce them as well.

Yea i tend to agree that he is full of it but i just wanted to check with you guys first. I did a little searching on google and i couldn't find any evidence of Dell ever using PCP&C PSU's in their desktops. PC Power and Cooling PSU's are pretty expensive. They would have a hard time sticking those in all of their cheap desktops.

Back