Dell P2715Q / P2415Q (3840x2160p, IPS, sRGB)

Lava Lamp Freak

Limp Gawd
Last edited:
If you're happy with a max refresh rate of 60Hz for your games, it's ok. You can run it at 1980x1080 rather than at 3840x2160.

It's highly unlikely that I'll be able to run any big game higher than 60 FPS on really high settings anyways, so anything above 60hz is pointless for me.

But which one do you think will have more accurate colors, the P2415Q or this one from Dell?

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2415h/

thx

But which one do you think will have more accurate colors, the P2415Q or this one from Dell?

I can only tell from the specs, but the P2415Q is listed as 1.07 billion colors while the S2415H lists 16.7 million colors. The P2415Q is going to be like 3x to 4x the cost of the S2415H though.

I can only tell from the specs, but the P2415Q is listed as 1.07 billion colors while the S2415H lists 16.7 million colors. The P2415Q is going to be like 3x to 4x the cost of the S2415H though.

Wow.....huge difference in the amount of colors, very nice.

Any idea if the P2415Q will be calibrated at the factory like the U2414Qs/U3214Qs are (ie. calibration results sheet in the box)?

Any idea if the P2415Q will be calibrated at the factory like the U2414Qs/U3214Qs are (ie. calibration results sheet in the box)?

According to the Dell site, yes: "You can count on natural and consistent color across different mediums because each monitor is factory tuned at 99% sRGB with a color calibration factory report certifying that each monitor has a deltaE < 3"

It looks like the P2415Q is a straight off replacement for the UP2414Q. I wonder if they'll keep selling both? They were discounting the UP2414Q quite a bit more a few months ago.

They'll probably sell both, but MST (and flaky firmware and questionable hardware design) on the UP2414Q is a pain in the ass! Too bad the P2415Q is only SRGB, unlike the UP2414Q which has AdobeRGB too.

Not sure I'd want 4K resolution on a 24" monitor. That's some major pixel density. Bet it's gorgeous for photography, but is small text as tiny as I think it should be? :)

Not sure I'd want 4K resolution on a 24" monitor. That's some major pixel density. Bet it's gorgeous for photography, but is small text as tiny as I think it should be? :)

It would be impossible to read most texts on the internet without some serious text scaling on W8/your browser etc.

A lot depends on how good your eyesight is. I have no problems at 125% scaling, although some websites use smaller fonts than usual and I have the browser scale it up a bit more too.

(Usually people resort to spewing insults instead of admitting their eyesight isn't up to snuff - nothing wrong with admitting that and getting an 84" UHD TV!) ;)

I'm in for a Dell P2715Q Monitor, or something similar by other makers.

I'm sure I'll pull a lot of hair out in games and other non scaling software, but I have seen Adobe Lightroom on 4K and I'm sold. :D

Any news on whether nVidia or ATI are planning pixel doubling in their software scalers (so we get HD resolution without softening in games)?

Bwaze, that has me thinking - I just discovered there is an app called SweetFX that can inject shaders into a game. I wonder if it is possible to make a shader that can pixel double? Hmmm....

It's a safe bet that the new 24" monitor will list price around the same as the current one which is $999, although possibly a bit more, and the 27" will be more than that but less than LG's $1399 4K monitor. So, maybe $1299? Dell's been doing regular discounts so a few months after release, you can expect to see these marked down by $200-$300, but assuming they release them this month, probably won't be discounted till next year. OTOH, Dell is getting more price aggressive and recently announced they were going to revise the price of their new 5K monitor to be under $2000. So, it's possible they come in with aggressive prices on the new 4Ks as well. I certainly hope so since I'd very much like to get two of the 24" models.

It's a safe bet that the new 24" monitor will list price around the same as the current one which is $999, although possibly a bit more, and the 27" will be more than that but less than LG's $1399 4K monitor. So, maybe $1299? Dell's been doing regular discounts so a few months after release, you can expect to see these marked down by $200-$300, but assuming they release them this month, probably won't be discounted till next year. OTOH, Dell is getting more price aggressive and recently announced they were going to revise the price of their new 5K monitor to be under $2000. So, it's possible they come in with aggressive prices on the new 4Ks as well. I certainly hope so since I'd very much like to get two of the 24" models.

These are sRGB displays, so they won't be that expensive. The price for the 24 inch in Taiwan is NTD 18,839. That is $615.67. The price for the 27 inch in China is RMB5,429. That is $886.66. (Those are the only prices I can find for these displays.)

My guess is the US pricing, before any discounts, will be $599 to $699 for the 24 inch and $899 to $999 for the 27 inch.

These are sRGB displays, so they won't be that expensive. The price for the 24 inch in Taiwan is NTD 18,839. That is $615.67. The price for the 27 inch in China is RMB5,429. That is $886.66. (Those are the only prices I can find for these displays.)

My guess is the US pricing, before any discounts, will be $599 to $699 for the 24 inch and $899 to $999 for the 27 inch.

That would be awesome. These are IPS displays just like the previous Dell 4Ks, the only difference is sRGB vs Adobe RGB. I didn't realize sRGB had that big a differential in price. Where did you find those prices? The 27" is apparently the same panel as the Asus PB279Q and BenQ BL2711U which don't appear to be priced yet either.

That would be awesome. These are IPS displays just like the previous Dell 4Ks, the only difference is sRGB vs Adobe RGB. I didn't realize sRGB had that big a differential in price. Where did you find those prices? The 27" is apparently the same panel as the Asus PB279Q and BenQ BL2711U which don't appear to be priced yet either.

I got the prices from Dell.

24 inch

27 inch

I'm curious... Are you guys interested in the 27 or the 24? Why? What resolutions will you likely run these at? I'm assuming native is out of the question at this pixel density.

Have you seen anything speculating on the Dell 27" panel origins? From what I've read the BenQ and Asus will be using an AUO panel while the Dell may be using an LG, but I'm not sure how anyone can know that with certainty at this point. However specs on the Dell 27" have it with a brightness of 350 vs 300 for the other two, although that could be a difference in backlight design. Of course, it makes sense for BenQ to be using AUO as they are the parent company.

I'm very excited by the 27", thanks for posting. I'll get one as soon as it comes out.

I hope Windows 10 includes better high-dpi/scaling support. There hasn't been any info on what improvements are coming AFAIK.

Also, how can the Asus PB279Q be the same panel if it's 1440p?

Have you seen anything speculating on the Dell 27" panel origins? From what I've read the BenQ and Asus will be using an AUO panel while the Dell may be using an LG, but I'm not sure how anyone can know that with certainty at this point. However specs on the Dell 27" have it with a brightness of 350 vs 300 for the other two, although that could be a difference in backlight design. Of course, it makes sense for BenQ to be using AUO as they are the parent company.

It is likely LG.Display LM270WR2.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm

I'm very excited by the 27", thanks for posting. I'll get one as soon as it comes out.

I hope Windows 10 includes better high-dpi/scaling support. There hasn't been any info on what improvements are coming AFAIK.

Also, how can the Asus PB279Q be the same panel if it's 1440p?

I don't think there is anything that can be improved in Windows 10. It's the third-party developers who have to update their applications to take advantage of scaling.

It's a number of factors, but historically monitors with Adobe RGB have been flagship professional monitors, featuring all the latest like DP, and being at least 8bit + FRC, or 10bit in order to display the 1.07B colors. What we see here (and will continue to see in 2015 and coming years) is the trickle down of high end features to consumer lines like the P series. Features like 99% sRGB (as opposed to ~76%), 8bit + FRC/1.07b colors, etc. It's good to finally see this taking shape, and it's a win-win all around.

I see they are available for order on the Dell US site, is anyone buying one? ETA is Nov. 28th.

I see they are available for order on the Dell US site, is anyone buying one? ETA is Nov. 28th.

The pricing on these new displays is great, but I'm waiting for the U2515H before making a decision. Honestly, I'm surprised to see the P2715Q selling for $699. That is the same price as the U2715H.

For 500 Euro I'll buy the 24 inch version in a heartbeat. That PPI is something I truly want in a monitor. One question though, will it be glossy?

Well, at that price and specs, I ordered the P2715Q. I don't mind being a guinea pig.

I had bought a UP2414Q a while ago but returned it due to MST issues( 1/2 screen not displaying ) and also bought/returned the Samsung U28D590D due to its TN color shift.

With the following coupon:

CLH1D227XJGR9L

You can get this monitor for 559.99. If you have a Dell preferred account they will upgrade to 2-day shipping plus give you a $55 promotional giftcard that you can use or sell on ebay. I also chatted with a Dell rep who checked and confirmed that these do not use PWM.

With the following coupon:

CLH1D227XJGR9L

You can get this monitor for 559.99. If you have a Dell preferred account they will upgrade to 2-day shipping plus give you a $55 promotional giftcard that you can use or sell on ebay. I also chatted with a Dell rep who checked and confirmed that these do not use PWM.

Lol i got it down to 519.99 because Dell mispriced this at $659.99 momentarily. Then they cancelled my order. Sadface.

Lol i got it down to 519.99 because Dell mispriced this at $659.99 momentarily. Then they cancelled my order. Sadface.

That would have been an awesome deal! I took the plunge on one. I need a monitor with multiple inputs and with this price, 4k res, 3 year next day exchange, and perfect pixel guaranty, I could not pass it up. Tough to buy a TN 28" 4k panel with the 27" Dell ips at this price.... It will be interesting to see how it performs. With Dell free returns, it pretty much takes the risk out of trying one out.

That would have been an awesome deal! I took the plunge on one. I need a monitor with multiple inputs and with this price, 4k res, 3 year next day exchange, and perfect pixel guaranty, I could not pass it up. Tough to buy a TN 28" 4k panel with the 27" Dell ips at this price.... It will be interesting to see how it performs. With Dell free returns, it pretty much takes the risk out of trying one out.

Yeah would've been but still got it for $559 so not bad, thanks for the coupon! Wow just think, there are 32" IPS 4K monitors selling for $2,000 right now...or you can get triple 27" 4K IPS for like $1560 lol...

Back