Dell Outlet Refurbs: U3014 $656, U2713HM $418 +tax

Kueller

Supreme [H]ardness
UPDATE:
30% off code is back through October 13th 38R7N8ZHQNGBBX

U2412M is $208 and U2713HM is $418

*********************************************************************************

Save 30% on all Dell Outlet refurbished monitors! Enter 5GM6XSPQV0DDVZ at checkout: http://del.ly/6014w42i (Exp. 9/29 at 11:59 p.m. CT)

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...cs=28&l=en&s=dfb&dgc=SM&cid=63952&lid=4923316

U3014 $937 - 30% = $656
U2713HM $597 - 30% = $418

90 Day warranty unless purchased with a computer.

Last edited:
other notables: u2312hm = $150 & u2412m = $207

free shipping is nice. just got the 23" basically on impulse. hope the backlight is okay...

Beware of refurb monitors from Dell. These are the monitors that [H]ers return because of bad screen uniformity and back light leakage.

Had been eying the Zr30W refurbs, but had really been waiting for the 3014 to go on sale again. Currently OOS on 3014 :/ They've both got different issues, but I think the 3014 is the one that fits my needs better.

Will bite if they come back in stock.

Beware of refurb monitors from Dell. These are the monitors that [H]ers return because of bad screen uniformity and back light leakage.

I bought a refurb 3008wfp or what ever it is and it's been great

I've been checking every couple hours. Not sure if they come in/out of stock on weekends or not.

sweet monitors, however you can also get a pixel perfect Qnix 27 1440p on ebay right now for $305 shipped.

Last edited:
Both are known for being defective/quality controlled plagued monitors when purchased new...no deals to be found here.

700$ buys a new BenQ BL2710PT or Viewsonic VP2770. 330$ buys a Qnix QX2710 or X-Star DP2710 from IPS LED Monitors who have a 14 day return/exchange policy vs. ebay sellers

Boy you love to troll every single monitor thread posted don't you? We get it. You put the Expert in EXPERT:rolleyes:...Regardless if you like it or not, dell sells tens of thousands of these LCDs every month..

Both are known for being defective/quality controlled plagued monitors when purchased new...no deals to be found here. Multiple U2713HM's with varying performance & q/c issues exist. The 3014 suffer from obvious overshoot ghosting, so do the new U2713HM revisions.

700$ buys a new BenQ BL2710PT or Viewsonic VP2770. 330$ buys a Qnix QX2710 from IPS LED Monitors who have a 14 day return/exchange policy vs. ebay sellers
None of those are 30". Do you have a better 30" option?

Oh noes. the wide gamut. LULZOMG!!!!1112!!! It's a 2. It's so bad unless maybe a person were specifically looking for a wide gamut monitor.

How often is "wide" ever good especially when it comes to gamuts?

Also, people who tell those in the market for a 30" to get a 27" are annoying.

never mind...coupon has expired....

Last edited:
got my u2312hm this morning. the exterior is flawless; no scratches, scuffs, or even fingerprints. the box had a slip of paper stating that no cables were supplied with refurbs...but then there was a smaller box inside with dvi, vga, power, & usb cables - sealed in plastic bags.

meanwhile, the screen uniformity is excellent. there are no dead/stuck pixels. there is a tiny amount of backlight bleed along part of the left edge. its hardly noticeable. needless to say, im extremely pleased! i hope some other [H] members got in on this.

Also, people who tell those in the market for a 30" to get a 27" are annoying.
Agreed.

I'll say this about 30" vs. 27" since I have both. I love the size of my 3008WFP and have been very happy with its 4+ years of service. My new Viewsonic VP2770, however, is a clear step above, as it should be. After all, the 3008 is nearly 6 year old technology. The VP2770 blows away its bigger, older cousin in terms of image quality, gaming performance, heat output, etc. I eagerly await the day when 30" monitors have all the great features of current 27" 1440p monitors.

Agreed.

I'll say this about 30" vs. 27" since I have both. I love the size of my 3008WFP and have been very happy with its 4+ years of service. My new Viewsonic VP2770, however, is a clear step above, as it should be. After all, the 3008 is nearly 6 year old technology. The VP2770 blows away its bigger, older cousin in terms of image quality, gaming performance, heat output, etc. I eagerly await the day when 30" monitors have all the great features of current 27" 1440p monitors.

Out of curiosity what's the highest refresh rate (hertz) you can use on your new Viewsonic at native resolution? Their site states 75-92Hz but I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

Thanks

Out of curiosity what's the highest refresh rate (hertz) you can use on your new Viewsonic at native resolution? Their site states 75-92Hz but I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

Thanks
I've never tried to overclock it; don't even know how to do it. What are the benefits of an LCD that can do up to 120Hz?

How often does Dell have these 30% off deals? Just missed it...

I bit on 3 27's the friday before the sale. Got delayed, will be here today. I made sure to talk with their tech support and confirm that the refurbs have the same pixel perfect warranty for the 90s days. So far my u3007 that I picked up last time refurbs had a 30% off sale is still going strong.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I can tough it out till December lol. Anyone had any experience with freelanddigital.com? They apparently have extremely good feedback/rep and have them for 500 shipped. Probably the cheapest I'm gonna find eh? When they say factory refurbished, it will be identical to the one I received from dell I assume? As far as packaging and quality control goes? I'm hesitant yet impatient :p

For the guy inquiring about overclockability, mine does 70mhz but no dice on 75. Haven't tried anything in between yet and I probably won't. 71 or 73 etc would drive me nuts :p ugly uneven numbers! :p

30% off code is back through October 13th 38R7N8ZHQNGBBX

U2412M is $208 and U2713HM is $418

It looks like it is finally time to consider replacing the Sony 24" I have...

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I can tough it out till December lol. Anyone had any experience with freelanddigital.com? They apparently have extremely good feedback/rep and have them for 500 shipped. Probably the cheapest I'm gonna find eh? When they say factory refurbished, it will be identical to the one I received from dell I assume? As far as packaging and quality control goes? I'm hesitant yet impatient :p

For the guy inquiring about overclockability, mine does 70mhz but no dice on 75. Haven't tried anything in between yet and I probably won't. 71 or 73 etc would drive me nuts :p ugly uneven numbers! :p

72 would be a good number for 24 frames/sec content that would be worth trying.

Just got my other 2 :) Huzzah! Now I get to worry about whether or not my pc can handle 8000x1500 or w/e the crazy reso is :( And finding a darn stand for a reasonable price (hint hint) I swear this pc eats money for breakfast. I still need a new case. Then when I get that case, im gonna need to fill it with new radiators... and.....

Last edited:
Soooooooooooooo tempted to bite. Been thinking of purchasing a daul monitor setup for the past year or so and this price is very tempting.

Been using my 39" LG 1080P TV as my screen for the past 2 years, think it might be time to go back to an actual monitor setup.

I purchased a U2412m 24" monitor which was $207.22 + tax = $220 ish. Free shipping, should be here Friday or Saturday. I am so freakin' excited, I've wanted a decent monitor for a very long time and hte U2412m seems like one of the best for my criteria.

I am currently using dual 17" LCD monitors that are 10 and 6 years old. 1280 x 1024 resolution.

I got my 3 27" refurbs set up finally. Absolutely perfect monitors. They are all less than 1 year old even.

Back