Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

C-notes = $100 bills. Roman numerals FTW!

On a related issue, but budget's blown for the month, is this the normal outlet price or'd it drop recently?

Pulled the trigger, no coupons to place on it so it came out to 826 bux. Great buy, hope to be impressed with display. Thanks OP.

just a few question about this monitor. how good is it with games especially the input lag or any lag?, using it with consoles(Xbox 360&PS3)?, with tv cable with HD cable box?

This is the best 30" gaming monitor available. Almost no input lag, in fact it ranks as one of the best gaming monitors overall. However, to use it with the sources mentioned above, you would need an external switcher or a receiver as this monitor only has one DVI-D input.

Just pulled the trigger, $675 shipped- unbeatable for this price. I almost thought about dual 2407WFPs they had on there, would have been $45 more... but I didn't know any specifics about what they were precisely (not HC I would guess).

If you do get this, be sure to get the 15% off Dell Home Outlet coupon from eBay. Costs $10.98, but saves you $112.35. :D

Just pulled the trigger, $675 shipped- unbeatable for this price. I almost thought about dual 2407WFPs they had on there, would have been $45 more... but I didn't know any specifics about what they were precisely (not HC I would guess).

If you do get this, be sure to get the 15% off Dell Home Outlet coupon from eBay. Costs $10.98, but saves you $112.35. :D

Do you not get charged tax?
When I tried calculating it... it'd cost about $694 shipped :(

Still have to think about it :( e-junkie better not run out of coupons!

It depends on where you live. For example, I live in Highlands Ranch (80130) but if I enter in Littleton (80126), I get -$10 in savings. Bizarre but kind of interesting.

If I were to use that coupon, it would cost me $656. Very intriguing. :)

whats the deference between all those monitors and which one is the best to get?
they are all 3007WFP-HC ...

i would get one but im still inlove with my FW900. 6"+ isnt worth it. if i had a 19" crt then id jump.

i would get one but im still inlove with my FW900. 6"+ isnt worth it. if i had a 19" crt then id jump.

Its not the extra 6", its the extra 2 million pixels that is the reason to buy this monitor.

The monitor has almost twice as many pixels than a 1920x1200 display.

1920x1200=2,304,000 pixels
2560x1600=4,096,000 pixels

then why so many products if they are all the same? whats the deference between all of them?

then why so many products if they are all the same? whats the deference between all of them?

I am guessing they are serial numbers. All of them are model 3007WFP-HC . There are only 7 of these monitors still left, so I am only judging on what I see, but the number under VIEW DETAILS are all different from each other....so probably serial numbers.

just a few question about this monitor. how good is it with games especially the input lag or any lag?, using it with consoles(Xbox 360&PS3)?, with tv cable with HD cable box?
It doesn't work with consoles. It will only accept a signal from your computer video card.

That sounds like a problem with your cabel. It could be that you haven't been given a dual link, cable but I'm not sure if that would effect low resolutions or not. It could just be damaged. Before RMAing more expensive equipment, I would definitely try replacing the DVI cable first though.

Yea I'd check your cable tbh... they do make a difference oddly enough... but a decent one from monoprice is more than enough...

Damn you, hardocp'ers... You draw first blood for 2009 hardware. Just added a 27" for my laptop docking station. (Wish the bloody thing could use my 30"... but only has VGA outputs on the laptop and dock)

Total price: $502.84 ($549.00 - $82.35 w/15%off coupon + $32.20 tax + $3.99 for coupon + free shipping)

Dang those 27" monitors were pricey when they first came out.

Just bought one. Price is low enough now that I'm going for it. Used the coupon from e-junkie. I hope I get a dual link dvi cable in the box.

I hope I get a dual link dvi cable in the box.

Do I need a dual link DVI-D cable for the 24" Dell E248WFP? The picture below combined with issues some reviewers are having make me think I do.

I ordered one form newegg as they are pretty cheap and I just wanted to make sure.

I would say it's 90% chance that it's your cable. I had a similar problem with my Dell 2407's that ended up being the cable.

Even better, nice find!

Still have to think about it :( e-junkie better not run out of coupons!

I was charged 6% tax. $749 - $112.35 (15% off coupon) = $636.65 + 6% Sales Tax = $674.85. Shipping was free.

I'm guessing you have 9% sales tax?

If ejunkie runs out, you can still pick one up for $10.98 on eBay- still a great deal I think.

Do I need a dual link DVI-D cable for the 24" Dell E248WFP? The picture below combined with issues some reviewers are having make me think I do.

I ordered one form newegg as they are pretty cheap and I just wanted to make sure.

Nope. I just picked up the 27" monitor because the 30" requires dual link. Anything with a resolution less than 2650x1600 should be good with VGA (or better DVI).

The single link limit is normally stated at 1920x1200. The dell 23" 2048x1152 has 2% more pixels, depending on if there's any slop left at 1920x1200 it would need a dual link cable.

I wish I new ahead of time if they shipped a dual link cable with the monitor I purchased. I don't want to buy one from monoprice if I'll never use it.

I ordered a coupon from this link. Received my coupon within about 5 minutes and it worked just fine.

I got Dell to overnight the cables to me for free, just call them up and complain about the fact that no cables came with your monitor.

Your 24" FW900 is really 22.5" viewable. If you actually measure the usable space it is close to 22".

HB

Well I hope you guys are happy....you've done it again. I was nice and happy with my 26" Planar and Doublesight. I saw this thread and saw the price on this monitor at the Dell outlet but managed to resist temptation. Once I saw the 15% coupons I could not longer resist. Ordered this morning and it has already shipped. Now if I really like it will probably have to get another one to match.........Damn
I have monitors out the yang yang now.........

Once the 3008WFP hits this price I will no longer be able to resist. :eek:

Well I hope you guys are happy....you've done it again. I was nice and happy with my 26" Planar and Doublesight. I saw this thread and saw the price on this monitor at the Dell outlet but managed to resist temptation. Once I saw the 15% coupons I could not longer resist. Ordered this morning and it has already shipped. Now if I really like it will probably have to get another one to match.........Damn
I have monitors out the yang yang now.........

You are screwed - you should have bought two of them from the get go.

I've got two and its pretty sweet, except I have to turn my head to see the edges and pick up my mouse to go from edge to edge :D

I'm also a little frustrated with the garbage Nvidia drivers, if I throw up a game on the second display in a window the fps is terrible, and everytime I try to play a game and watch a video at the same time everything locks up... urgh.

Once the 3008WFP hits this price I will no longer be able to resist. :eek:

Good point...I already bought a coupon because it was too tempting to get the 3007, which I still may do.

However, are there any other comments on this one?

Is it worth it to wait for the 3008WFP ? Even for only computer use, how much better (if it is better :p) is it compared to the 3007WFP?

argh for decisions are to be made..

Well Im going to get the first one and see if I like it and then get a 2nd one. I will probably get another coupon since they are good til 1/24. It has already shipped so I should get it by the end of the week.

I almost bought one one of these refurbs on Sunday and even purchased a 15% off coupon already but I don't know if I'm going to go ahead now. I got the two Samsung T240's that I bought for a steal from NCIX today and got one of them set up and I really like it.

It's only a TN panel but I'll have to say it's definitely one of the best cause the colors are great! It has a good response time (5ms) and low input lag as well. I think a 30" for me is almost TOO big considering how much desk space it takes up plus the fact I just don't like the look of the panel. This Samsung looks very eye appealing. Not to mention 1920x1200 is a more reasonable gaming resolution which doesn't require SLI/Crossfire for some of the real GPU heavy games.

Sorry to go OT slightly but are any of their 24" refurbished offerings non-TN ?

Back