Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

I agree brent. I have heard that their image quality is the same, but the Gateway suffers from some bad input lag while the dell is virtually lag free.

Dell has so many of these because they are a HUGE ASS COMPANY that probably gets around 1% return rate or less. Compared to the amount of these that they have sold, i'd guess the overstock is probably minimal. Cant really complain though with the warranty they are giving with it.

Dell has so many of these because they are a HUGE ASS COMPANY that probably gets around 1% return rate or less. Compared to the amount of these that they have sold, i'd guess the overstock is probably minimal. Cant really complain though with the warranty they are giving with it.

Yeah I am thinking most if not all of these were returns. Some probably weren't even open, and with the warranty it doesn't really matter...

I agree brent. I have heard that their image quality is the same, but the Gateway suffers from some bad input lag while the dell is virtually lag free.

It's lag free because it has no scaler. The downside to that is that it will only accept 2560x1600, which is fine if all your output is from a PC, but you can't use a PS3 or anything with it.

Afaik all the 30-inchers with scalers have moderate-high input lag, for some reason.

I also don't under stand people who watch movies on their computer. That's what a frigging TV is for.

I watch movies on my PC because thats the only device I have to watch movies on in my room...plus my sound system is hooked up to my computer.

I use my PC monitor for HDTV as well as computing. I tried the Gateway 30" specifically because of its extra inputs, but it died on me after a few weeks. I'm not eager to try another Gateway so am considering the 3007 if I can find a really good PC TV tuner.

Guess, where you place value and where i place value differ, i use my 37RV530U as a HTPC as well as for gaming, i'm not in it for photo editing where i would believe the S-IPS panel has the advantage, the scaler in the xhd produces lag when not in native resolution but allows for movies and such to be upconverted to 1600p as Gateway dubs it which is in effect the monitors native resolution of 2560x1600 as you know. When playing games at the native resolution the monitor produces no lag so that wouldn't be a factor. The PVA panel does make for a black crush when viewing at certain angles which would be a negative for photo editors but the screen has mostly uniform coloring with little if any banding issues reported. Overall the monitor is great, i was trying to be helpful for people looking for a deal, as less then 6 months ago it was listed at $1,600 and came down for the holiday season... Sorry to have perhaps insulted you as it was not my intent.

I just checked my warranty, and I only have 470 days left, warranty is calculated from the original purchase date.

Is this correct, or should we be receiving 3 years from our date of purchase?

It makes no mention of "original purchase date", so i would think it would be from when you actually purchased the item.

Yes, I emailed as such to customer service, and I will post what they say. Did anyone else check their warranty length once you associate the asset tag with your account?

warranty.gif

Thanks!

Mine should be here today, i'll check the warranty period when it comes in. Had to steal a dual link dvi cable from my bosses machine just in case it doesnt come with one :D

I also don't under stand people who watch movies on their computer. That's what a frigging TV is for.

I watch movies on my PC because thats the only device I have to watch movies on in my room...plus my sound system is hooked up to my computer.

Same here. It is the only device I have and would rather do everything all on one device rather than have multiple devices. This of course will change when I have my own house but since I am still in college, it makes more sense.

I hope you understand other peoples concerns now :eek:

The bigger the resolution, the more stuff I can fit on the screen. Ahhhh i want this!

Youd need a dual link dvi cable.

I just set mine up. the driver was kind enough to leave it at the leasing office for me YAY. Was a major pain in the ass to get into my car though >< I had to completely empty my trunk and it still wouldnt close. I'm pretty sure the monitor is brand new, it has 1 tiny little nick on the chassis, but i swear i dont think it has ever even been hooked up. No dead pixels, the bag it came in was even sealed. Came with power/dvi/usb cables, and even came with the driver disk.

ITS HUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Now off to see if i can make my 260s cry.

You will make your 260's cry. My pair of 280's OC'd dip below 60fps in Far Cry 2 now and again. I get the feeling the 280's at 2560x1600 are at their performance threshold. The 260's will be just under theirs, would be my guess.

I got my 3007WFP-HC A02 today. Does anyone else notice a yellow tint on the bottom 5% portion of the screen when viewing a white background? Is this normal if so? Trying to figure out if I need to RMA it.

Thanks

I think I'm going to grab two and put one on eBay or CL to try and recoupe a bit of the cash from the first. Anyone think thats possible?

Holy crap, that is an amazing price for that display. It's even the HC model with better color!

The only reason I won't pull the trigger on it is because it doesn't have the scaler, and all the other inputs, that the 3008WFP has.

Mine is pretty white. Guessing it might be an issue with your monitor. Does yours look like it was actually used and returned at one point? Pretty sure mine was never actually opened and returned ><

Love the monitor but will need to RMA mine. The brightness randomly changes, and the screen flickers... it is really odd, I have never seen anything like this before.

I got my 3007WFP-HC A02 today. Does anyone else notice a yellow tint on the bottom 5% portion of the screen when viewing a white background? Is this normal if so? Trying to figure out if I need to RMA it.

Thanks

I bought my 3007WFP-HC brand new a little over a year ago and that yellow tinting does not sound normal to me. If anything the overall screen should have a bit of a reddish tint to it, and that's easily corrected with a monitor calibrator.

To anyone who's shelling out the cash for this monitor, I'd recommend also getting a cheap colorometer/monitor calibrator like the Spyder2 Pro and pairing it up with a program like QuickGamma. Then you'll have an accurate color profile (thanks to Spyder2) that can be used across all applications (thanks to QuickGamma).

Of course you could always just correct the colors manually with the Nvidia control panel, if you've got the eye for it that is.

Got my 3007WFP-HC last night.....

HOLY SHIT.

This thing is awesome. For a refurb it sure was pacakged nice (minus the fact that part of the box was torn (thanks for that FedEx)).

The monitor, manual, cables, and CD were all sealed in plastic...it's almost like it was new and somebody just returned it. No dead pixels that I can see.

I am really impressed. Gaming at 2560x1600 is completely insane. I am suprised just how well my 8800GTX is doing at this resolution. I expected horrible framerates at 4xFSAA and 16xAF, but the performance is actually very good. No input lag or ghosting that I can see either. Money well spent!

Thanks, OP, for posting this link. You made my Christmas! My wife also thanks you since she doesn't have to hear me talk about 30" panels any longer. :)

I wouldn't consider an RMA until I had it calibrated. Out of the box the 3007 looks terrible - way too orange'ish. After calibration it is really, really nice!

Got my 3007WFP-HC last night.....

HOLY SHIT.

This thing is awesome. For a refurb it sure was pacakged nice (minus the fact that part of the box was torn (thanks for that FedEx)).

The monitor, manual, cables, and CD were all sealed in plastic...it's almost like it was new and somebody just returned it. No dead pixels that I can see.

I am really impressed. Gaming at 2560x1600 is completely insane. I am suprised just how well my 8800GTX is doing at this resolution. I expected horrible framerates at 4xFSAA and 16xAF, but the performance is actually very good. No input lag or ghosting that I can see either. Money well spent!

Thanks, OP, for posting this link. You made my Christmas! My wife also thanks you since she doesn't have to hear me talk about 30" panels any longer. :)

Thats exactly how mine came. As far as color calibration, mine seems to be pretty much dead on out of the box.

sadly I have to sell mine due to some money issues coming up. I hope everyone who gets one is happy with it!

Mine supposedly shipped on the 16th and I still haven't gotten it :(

I'm really looking forward to it, since I'm using a 24" TN panel. I got a GTX 280 in anticipation as well.

got 2 but i couldnt find any coupons online. now ill have 4 30's over 2 computers, where does it end? id buy bigger monitors if i could as well.

got 2 but i couldnt find any coupons online. now ill have 4 30's over 2 computers, where does it end? id buy bigger monitors if i could as well.

When you have 4 monitors per computer. Yeah that sounds about right.:D

you bastard you:D

Just got mine today, simply amazing so much better than my former monitor. Mine included cables, book, and cd. Looked brand new to me right outta the box except there was cleaning streaks on the monitor. Oh well, Im a happy camper.

My ship date is 01/05. Have they been shipping erly ? Thanks..Can't wait to get mine got 2, 260 GTX SC's waiting on it..

Welp I got mine. cherry condition, with all cables and documentation. I see the yellow hue you guys are talking about. next to my viewsonic p95f it's rather noticeable but I'll learn to live with it. I mostly plan to game with it so white whites won't be a major issue

I think I'm going to grab two and put one on eBay or CL to try and recoupe a bit of the cash from the first. Anyone think thats possible?

last one i sold (non HC) only went for $750 after fees...

I got rid if it because reading text made my eyes bleed even at the lowest backlight setting. And yes i did tune the brightness and contrast. Guess im just a mva man and not a ips.

Hmmmm seems I have a single unrepairable stuck green pixel. I'm going to make the best attempt that I can to ignore it and almost hope something worse happens which will make it worth my time to RMA it

i'll mention that i too bought one of these at the $675 price point.

it arrived within 3 days of being shipped, in excellent condition. i can't tell it's refurbished at all. no scratches or anything. no dead pixels that i have found, either. truly the best bargain on a 30".

Back