Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

Don't worry guys, when i got mine there were only 5 left and within hours there were 25-30 more listed, just keep checking!

more listed now... I bought my 3007WFP 2-3 years ago (I forget which) during a deal like this... paid $1154 including a 5 year warranty and have zero regrets. I love the monitor, and the -HC version is even better.

Just went in, two pages listed, went through the whole checkout to get an error message at the end, but still showed items in my cart. Cleared my cart, no 30" monitors left. :( I'm a sad panda.

I tried 20 times and the order would fubar on me. Called Dell, on hold for 34 minutes, at the end of the order, the rep could not order them either, system is hosed for some reason. I asked her to take my information and just order them when they could, and she said she would do it.

Bougth one of those coupons off Ebay, gave me $112 off each of two ordered, supervisor signed off on the price with free shipping. Will see what happens.

damn. talk about a [h]ard setup.

Just out of curiosity: what will you be using these for?

Also, what kind of warranty did you get with it? I saw on the website they offer a 90 day warranty on all monitors.

Well, mostly for gaming... and I like to have a lot of space to move things around on the desktop. I currently have a pair of Planar PX2611W's that these will be replacing.

To be honest, the only reason I'm replacing the Planars is because the dot pitch is .25 on the Dells and .28 on the Planars (since resolution is lower). I've started having some problems with my right eye and focusing, and I'm hoping the tighter dot pitch will alleviate the eye fatigue I get after awhile staring at the monitors.

Assuming the monitors are at least as good as the Planars, I will be selling them. They are wicked gaming monitors, and not a single dead pixel or anything. I'm hoping I can say the same for the Dells.

Bla... I changed my mind and tried to cancel the order last night after I read about all the color gamut issues that people have had taming the calibration.

Of course they shipped it this morning anyways.

Bla... I changed my mind and tried to cancel the order last night after I read about all the color gamut issues that people have had taming the calibration.

Of course they shipped it this morning anyways.

HardOCP owns 5 or 6 of these. They kick ass for gaming and we have never had problems with a single screen. I guess if we went looking for issues, maybe so, but we worry more about using them than finding problems with them. I have used one of these as my personal main monitor for a good while now and have nothing bad to say about them.

Excellent monitor, i think they are selling these like hotcakes now!

Interesting...

Have you found the need to calibrate them at all? I keep reading about how wacky the display looks out of box, and about the need to calibrate it to keep websites and such from looking neon.

Right now I'm working from a newish Apple Cinema Display and still gaming on a 22" Diamondtron CRT. :)

None. And we use them side by side as well.....all mine have been cherry.

Got mine finally. $1378.34 for two with tax and shipping.

I wish i wasnt a college student and had a real job, then id immediately grab two of these.

I used a generic 3007WFP-HC profile before calibrating it with hardware.
I think the generic profile is fine as long as you don't need it for previewing for print and such.

Some video overlay still has gamut issues (skin color is off).
The backlight is a bit uneven.
The most annoying thing has been pixel-walk (but that has been a problem with my last 3 refurb screens)

I don't need one of these...I don't...need one...of these...I...need two of...wait wha...no no no...shuddup debil in ma head! I don't need one OR two of these...I...woah, things are getting fuzzy...

...must...commence Inter...net disconnect procedure...alpha one...discon...

Hopefully this comes back when i have money.
This'd look real pretty on a swivel arm above my 26 in doublesight.

Just one question. If I buy this will I be able to watch Cable TV and surf the internet at the same time ie Picture in Picture?

Just one question. If I buy this will I be able to watch Cable TV and surf the internet at the same time ie Picture in Picture?

No, it only has 1 dvi port. You should look into Gateway XHD3000 instead.

Dell outlet also has 27'' 2707WFP for $550. Even sweeter if you have a 15% coupon. :D

The Dell outlet site wasn't letting my order go through last night, but I just ordered a 30" for $668 shipped after tax. Great deal, thanks OP :D.

would a single GTX 280 be enough to game on this monitor maxed for the most part minus AA and AF? Like I have a GTX280 with a P35 chipset so going any SLI route would cost tons. I'd have to get a 4870x2 which wouldn't be that biff of a difference for the price.

Whats the shipping time on these like? I plan on leaving town christmas day until after new years, would really suck if it was delivered during that time.

Also, is ebay the only way to get the 15% coupon?

Whats the shipping time on these like? I plan on leaving town christmas day until after new years, would really suck if it was delivered during that time.

Also, is ebay the only way to get the 15% coupon?
I got the free 3-5 day shipping and mine says it'll be shipped December 22nd (ordered this morning). However, it has been my experience with Dell that they ship way before the projected date with everything from laptops to accessories that I've ordered from them. I don't know if they've changed though; I guess I'll find out :p.

I got the free 3-5 day shipping and mine says it'll be shipped December 22nd (ordered this morning). However, it has been my experience with Dell that they ship way before the projected date with everything from laptops to accessories that I've ordered from them. I don't know if they've changed though; I guess I'll find out :p.

My two have already shipped.

Mine shipped 2 hours after ordering Friday afternoon and arrived today. It came from Louisville, KY via FedEx ground. It's almost time to go home with it... :D

Edit: The box had the cables, manual, and documentation cd despite an included note stating it was a replacement monitor without them.

I guess rather than send mine back sealed I might as well give it a go.

Wonder how big my desk needs to be to have the 30" and a new pair of Audioengine 5's...

Ok so shipping shouldnt be an issue if i order tonight. Is ebay the only place to get a 15% coupon?

Here's a Spyder2Pro profile I made with the brightness turned all the way down, which happened to be a still bright 92 cd/m2. 6500k and 2.2 gamma.

3007WFP-HC 0% Brightness Profile

Edit: Updated, the original profile was 5000k and not the preferred 6500k. Sorry!

I kept trying to tell myself that my current 3007wfp + 2005wfp were plenty, but when I saw it was 700 bucks out the door I couldnt restrain myself any longer =/ Going to be fun trying to make room for two of these things on my desk.

Just a quick question, but how is selling a coupon legal? As in, why is it allowed on ebay.

Damnit, sold out again :mad:

Just a quick question, but how is selling a coupon legal? As in, why is it allowed on ebay.

Damnit, sold out again :mad:

Don't know but don't really care, I'll happily pay someone 6 bucks to save $100+, especially when I'd never get the coupon in the first place without them. Think of it as a service, they find the coupon and make it available to you, you pay them for the time, and reap the rewards.

Back