Dell-Optiplex-9020-Intel-Core-i5-4570-4GB-RAM-1-GB-Video-Card-500GB-HD

Dell Optiplex 9020 Seller Refurb in Excellent Condition with Intel Core i5 4570 3.2 GHz Processor and 3.6 Ghz Turbo Boost, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon 8570 PCIe Video Card with 1 GB VRAM, 500 GB Seagate HD, Windows 10 Professional On Recovery Partition and USB Flash, Power Cord, Keyboard, and Mouse.

Brand:
Dell
Product Line:OptiplexModel:
Optiplex
MPN:
Does Not Apply
Bundle Listing:Yes
Form Factor:Mini Tower
Screen Size:None
Hard Drive Capacity:500GB
Storage Type:HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
SSD Capacity:Not Applicable
Processor Type:Intel Core i5 4th Gen.
Processor Speed:3.20GHz
Operating System:Windows 10
Memory:4GB
Hardware Connectivity:RS-232 (Serial), Displayport, VGA, PS/2, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
Operating System Edition professional
Graphics Processing Type dedicated Graphics
Country/Region of Manufacture:Unknown Features DVD-RWUPC:
Does not apply

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232398822436?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#viTabs_0

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Someone please buy these if you're interested or send me a message on ebay if feel we need to negotiate.

Someone please buy these if your interested, so I can payoff my paypal credit. If you need to negotiate a price send me a message on ebay.

Someone please try to offer at least 10 percent less than the buy it now price. Also, keep in mind that an additional 10 percent goes to the hurricane victims in Texas.

I don't get people on ebay apparently because none of the offers I'm getting are even 50 percent most of the time and I'm only excepting 10 percent less than the buy it now on most of my high dollar items because I need to make a decent amount on them. My friend seems to be a complete retard when it comes to the concept of buy it now because he says it's no obvious when it's not really supposed to be kinda or he's just giving me a hard time like most of the people on here. I'm trying to be patient while waiting for items, like this to sell. However, some people are sending me way to ridculously low offers thinking items like this aren't worth the lowest acceptable offer or the buy it now. I mean come on if they don't want to buy it then they shouldn't make an offer because that's what it seems like and if they do want to buy what makes them think I would take less than 50 percent of the buy it now especially on high dollar items. Sericously, one offer was $1.99 and that's just annoying because they clearly had no intent to buy the item and just wanted to piss me off probably. I mean can't I get a decent off on items I've worked hard to restore and satisfy my ebay customers. I know I can't ask for advice on here or price check either though, but these offers are ridiculously low and not what ebay suggests the lowest or best offer using is and that is at least 10 percent of the buy it now.

If anyone is interested there is not that much of a significant difference between the 9020 and a newer if not newest Dell Optiplex Mini Tower the XE2 because the XE2 also uses 4th generation Core i-Series processors and supports 3rd generation Xeon E3's. If your looking for a Precision instead then one of the only significant differences between these and a T1700 is that the T1700 supports ECC memory, because ECC support requires processor and chipset support if nothing else, which the 9020's do not have chipset support for ECC. I hope this is ok to say here too and that I don't get temporarily banned for saying it like I might have last time consider the last time though I might have been committing trolling or flaming and didn't realize it.

You still don't get it?

Ebay history

Alot of ebay buyers are aware of being able to see previous sales.

Ask yourself this... "Do I want to pay more when I can buy it easily for less?"

You need to understand the concept of market value.

You still don't get it?

Ebay history

Alot of ebay buyers are aware of being able to see previous sales.

Ask yourself this... "Do I want to pay more when I can buy it easily for less?"

You need to understand the concept of market value.

I understand it perfectly and I've compared mine to every other but found none that compare perfectly to mine regardless if there are 9020's for less that are pretty close to being the same. It's hardly relevant that you compare mine to things that have already sold on eBay and that nothing can be found, like what I'm selling that is currently selling anyway. Besides I wasn't asking for advice anyway because that's not allowed here as far as I know.

Last edited:
I already found a dozen on ebay already for ~$200 for buy it now and readily available right now.

Example (with free shipping).

If your listing isn't appealing to eBay buyers, what makes you think it would appeal to tech savvy members here?

You are just going to constantly be relisting your stuff on ebay (which you have been). The longer it sits there the more it depreciates. Next year we'll see skylake optiplexs ending up on ebay for dirt cheap since many businesses do 3 year cycles with their hardware.

Also your earlier whining isn't going to add any value to what your selling at all.

Last edited:
I already found a dozen on ebay already for ~$200 for buy it now and readily available right now.

Example (with free shipping).

If your listing isn't appealing to eBay buyers, what makes you think it would appeal to tech savvy members here?

You are just going to constantly be relisting your stuff on ebay (which you have been). The longer it sits there the more it depreciates. Next year we'll see skylake optiplexs ending up on ebay for dirt cheap since many businesses do 3 year cycles with their hardware.

Also your earlier whining isn't going to add any value to what your selling at all.

Good for The Blind Center the seller of that Optiplex 9020 because they apparently can afford to sell it for that low, since their giving 100 percent of the proceeds to charity. Here's a listing of the same machine from the same seller I bought mine from for a fairer comparison except they still don't include a video card, didn't bother to put a Windows 10 case badge on it, probably don't include recovery media on flash or optical, and don't give the buyer the option of installing Linux. However, as I stated I'm not asking for selling advice anymore because I've made spreadsheets for all the machines I'm selling and accounted for all the expenses and value of the items included: What I'm asking seems fair to me because it's only been about 7 months, since I bought these for $250 each and started the listing at $330 after seller furbishing them. Now I have them at $300 each buy it now or best offer as low as 10 percent less than the buy it now and 10 percent to charity, but I still get these kinds of remarks and comparisons to items that are not the same, even if these items include maybe a little bit more RAM, A slightly better processor, or a bigger hard drive.

I've been told it's not worth it to sink more money into these computers anyway and 4 more GBs of the right RAM is only about $24 to $25 more if the buyer wants more anyway, which should be no problem if they want to add it themselves. A 4590 isn't that significant of an advantage either and honestly, these aren't gaming computer or marketed to gamers, so I don't see what the problem is as far as that. A Radeon R5 240 is in the same class as a Radeon 8570 too, so it hardly makes a difference regardless if it supports higher version of Direct X because Windows 10 doesn't need it and only games or game creators and 3D animators might care anyway, which if they know what they are buying won't buy these machines anyway. My so-called whining or whatever comes from really shady offers of at most $2.99, which is disgustingly low and shady because although these machines may have depreciated since there original product release there's no way the value of these machines has depreciated that much and it's ridiculous to think I would even accept an offer that low considering I might as well give these machines away at that price. Besides skylake machines may be selling for low prices next year, but probably not this low and as of now not much has significantly changed in the processor design of the Haswell to Skylake anyway that much if you ask me. Tech savy or not there may be people on here that are interested in these items and I haven't seen much better in comparison most of the time.

Usedprice.com says these machines are still worth $248.89 to $304.20 each anyway and that's only with a 320 GB HD and no video card or any of the other stuff I'm including if it matters, so why should I see a problem with my price in regards to that comparison despite how much similar machines might be going for now that aren't that much better if they are.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optip...951829?hash=item5903a0b015:g:BXAAAOSw44BYgpgH

Last edited:
As I stated earlier, I found dozens of different listings and just gave you one example.

If you really believe you are selling at a fair price, then why hasn't it been selling?

You clearly have no idea how marketing and economics work.

As a reseller trying to profit off of these, you overpaid on cost units.

Justified whatever you want. The results is evidence enough.

As I stated earlier, I found dozens of different listings and just gave you one example.

If you really believe you are selling at a fair price, then why hasn't it been selling?

You clearly have no idea how marketing and economics work.

As a reseller trying to profit off of these, you overpaid on cost units.

Justified whatever you want. The results is evidence enough.

Yea sure maybe the results are evidence enough, but not considering the shady offers I've been getting and the value based on usedprice.com has actually gone up by a little to as low as $251.49 to as high as $307.37. Therefore, regardless of how much you found other machines for or how much similar machines for the closest thing I could find on usedprice.com with lower specs in some areas, but almost completely similar is valued higher or slightly higher than what I'm asking. The way I see people are probably just buying what they can afford and maybe they have other reasons.

Last edited:
This is actually a pretty ok price. What I like about these is that you can put 32GB of memory in them. Makes for a heck of a desktop that can run multiple VMs. I know because that's what I did in my 9010, which had the prior gen i5.

Ok price, because this one has the 8570 (not that it's an awesome card, but still, better than Intel HD)

My 9010 was very quiet as well, would expect this to be fairly quiet too.

See even you sold SFF (Small Form Factor) Optiplex 9020's for $295 for the top one and $290 for the bottom plus shipping compared to my MT (Mini Tower(s)) that actually lets you do more in terms of internal case capacity. That and I'm actually accepting as low as 10 percent less than the buy it now, which may only be $270 though. However, $270 is not bad considering how much these machines were new and how much they are compared to the usedprice.com value and sometimes other computers being sold by other sellers. That and it's only been about 9 months instead of 7 like I originally said to DTN107, but these are already low priced and shouldn't need to be lower just because they found a few sellers that were selling them for less and they included all the SFF (Small Form Factors), even if the SFF's might be worth more for whatever reason.

Here's a more accurate search that hopefully doesn't exclude and other MT's that yes there are some lower, but not worth trying to compete with if you ask me considering how rare the opportunity is and considering that a buyer might still buy those over mine because I'm not going below the usedprice.com value that is actually a value for a slightly lower machine anyway and shows that my machines might actually be worth more, which is fair enough to me regardless of the other rare opportunities from other sellers that might be either slightly lower or maybe somewhat significantly lower. Free shipping is not something that's easy to offer as far as either breaking even if even profiting from either, which I'm not even trying to profit from the sale of these because if I was I would probably hope to make 33% or more than what I paid for them and I'm not. DTN107 and other buyers or whatever seem to think that a seller can just magically offer free shipping and that a seller can easily bite the bullet as well as take the loss, which if that's not case then they think every seller has an agreement with shipping companies to do so and that's not always the case or possible:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...x+9020+MT.TRS0&_nkw=optiplex+9020+MT&_sacat=0

Last edited:
Most the ones in the following link for less don't contain hard drives, Operating Systems meaning those probably don't have COA's or product keys or that do not even include a recovery disc, and those didn't have video cards either if nothing else. I probably shouldn't even be responding because I might get accused of flaming or trolling and get banned, but there you all go there what you're dealing with compared to mine no matter how good the other sellers policies or whatever might be better than mine. I know Linux costs next to nothing too, but Microsoft Windows doesn't especially if you don't have a COA or product key for either the Version it's for or the version that's compatible to upgrade too and what if the buyer actually wants Microsoft Windows instead of Linux. It's included with mine and preloaded with no previous authentication created. Also, it includes Ubuntu installation media despite what Richard Stallman said about it, even if it's true:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...RS0&_nkw=optiplex+9020+MT&_sacat=0&rmvSB=true

Try dropping the price to $289 and bump up the shipping to $39.

I can't do that because shipping doesn't cost that much and besides isn't that technically gauging on shipping, which isn't right or ethical. I'm not really asking for advice either because I don't think I'm allowed to in this thread.

This is actually a pretty ok price. What I like about these is that you can put 32GB of memory in them. Makes for a heck of a desktop that can run multiple VMs. I know because that's what I did in my 9010, which had the prior gen i5.

Ok price, because this one has the 8570 (not that it's an awesome card, but still, better than Intel HD)

My 9010 was very quiet as well, would expect this to be fairly quiet too.

Thank's I think this is a good price for an inexpensive desktop and I used the 8570 because it's the stock card for 9020's as well as less expensive than most cards even an R5 240, which is the R5 240 is not that expensive of a card either at about $75 new on newegg. However, at $75 if not less the R5 240 would make me have to charge more for these computers and I can't afford to or feel it's worth spending more for the R5 240 just to give these machines a slightly better card, which I might if I had originally thought of this when refurbishing these machines. Besides, usually an 8570 will do what you need it to do at least to get the buyer started.

I can't do that because shipping doesn't cost that much and besides isn't that technically gauging on shipping, which isn't right or ethical. I'm not really asking for advice either because I don't think I'm allowed to in this thread.

>>which isn't right or ethical

Says who?

Shipping costs aren't just what you pay at the shipping counter.
There are shipping materials, your time, fuel, etc.

There's no law that says you can't make a few bucks on shipping.
If the customer doesn't like the shipping costs, they can choose not to buy the item.

Sometimes I make a few bucks on shipping, other times I lose a few bucks.
I've never had a complaint on my shipping charges, but do as you wish.

I hope yours sells for the price you want, but if it means anything my Dell optiplex 9020 came with a 4590, and I put a 4770 in it for less than the price you are selling yours for now. That's without selling the 4590 chip.

I hope yours sells for the price you want, but if it means anything my Dell optiplex 9020 came with a 4590, and I put a 4770 in it for less than the price you are selling yours for now. That's without selling the 4590 chip.

Yea, I didn't know that, but the i7 4770 would add more value, even if you can add it very affordably. I would think the 4770 would cost as much if not more than a 3770K because the 3770K still goes for over $250 on reliabbel sites like amazon, but maybe I'm wrong and need to look. However, I don't think it's worth investing in the 4770 just to put in these and sell at around the same price because I'be losing more money in my investment and I've proved that there really isn't any other offer with all the same thing as mine despite that this may not be that much of a problem for some or most buyers.

The following link might be an indication that this might not always be true if at all:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...i7+4770.TRS0&_nkw=Intel+Core+i7+4770&_sacat=0

This also proves that this might not always be true too:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Intel+Core+i7+4770

and

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...escription=Intel+Core+i7+4770&N=-1&isNodeId=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
To the Op, I sold one of these Dell mini towers on Facebook Marketplace this past summer with a core i5 2400, 8GB ram, 80GB Intel SSD, 500GB HD, DVD, upgraded Antec PSU, no video card, Windows 10, Office 2016, wireless mouse / KB, and a 1080p monitor included all for $225.. Now for the reality: The SSD was about 7 years old (still had 98% life), HD about 6 years old, PSU about 6 years old, Monitor about 7 years old...KB and mouse was a slickdeal $10 purchase. All of it was in great working order and looked good as well.

It sold within a week. I priced it what I thought was fair / market acceptable. Because mine had 8GB ram, an SSD, monitor, KB, mouse, and office 2016 made mine attractive. There are literally TONS of these units out there for sale.. with more and more coming off lease every day. CPU capability for the average home user (that these rigs appeal to) has pretty much been a level playing field with a few minor improvements for like 6 years now. Also, people are trending for laptops and mobile more.

If the market is not accepting your price, and you have pics of wholesale prices on your listing (which I would never do).. then you have to lower your price. It doesn't matter what you think you know.. the market is always smarter than you.

$300 is a pretty fair price. Consider putting this for sale here, rather than eBay (?)

To the Op, I sold one of these Dell mini towers on Facebook Marketplace this past summer with a core i5 2400, 8GB ram, 80GB Intel SSD, 500GB HD, DVD, upgraded Antec PSU, no video card, Windows 10, Office 2016, wireless mouse / KB, and a 1080p monitor included all for $225.. Now for the reality: The SSD was about 7 years old (still had 98% life), HD about 6 years old, PSU about 6 years old, Monitor about 7 years old...KB and mouse was a slickdeal $10 purchase. All of it was in great working order and looked good as well.

It sold within a week. I priced it what I thought was fair / market acceptable. Because mine had 8GB ram, an SSD, monitor, KB, mouse, and office 2016 made mine attractive. There are literally TONS of these units out there for sale.. with more and more coming off lease every day. CPU capability for the average home user (that these rigs appeal to) has pretty much been a level playing field with a few minor improvements for like 6 years now. Also, people are trending for laptops and mobile more.

If the market is not accepting your price, and you have pics of wholesale prices on your listing (which I would never do).. then you have to lower your price. It doesn't matter what you think you know.. the market is always smarter than you.

You are extremely generous with you included items with your computers because SSD's and Microsoft Office 2016 are expensive, which using would jack up the price of a machine like this to possible over $1000 if not at least over $500. You were selling a Core i5 2nd gen 2400 though too and not a Core i5 4th gen 4570. Also, who includes or upgrades a Dell power supply to an Antec PSU unless it's better or they have no other choice. I bought these computers in Spring of 2017 too, which maybe based on processor technology from 2013. However, the processor Recommended Customer Price is $192.00-$202.00 New and still goes for a little over half that much if not more from the following:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Int....69i57j0l5.13871j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._re=Intel_Core_i5_4570-_-19-116-896-_-Product

and

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Intel+Core+i5+4570+processor&rh=i:aps,k:Intel+Core+i5+4570+processor

and here on eBay sometimes you get lucky by finding just the processor for less than half the cost of what I'm selling these computers for or less than a third, but very rarely and that doesn't include the rare opportunity you'll get an SSD and/or Monitor with an equivalent if not better machine considering your whole example was based on older hardware as well:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...S0&_nkw=Intel+Core+i5+4570+processor&_sacat=0

You say the market is always smarter than me and that considering all I've done I have to lower my price regardless of what I think I know, but there is nothing else that much better to justify lowering my price any further if all currently regardless of what you were trying to prove. I've done my homework too and there are only a few things better about some offers out there and some worse, like no OS or hard drive if nothing else. Heck Newegg wants $149.99 for just the case and power supply here:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...Dell_Optiplex_9020-_-9SIA9AX62T1964-_-Product

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$300 is a pretty fair price. Consider putting this for sale here, rather than eBay (?)

It's for sale on both actually, but the link is here in eBay sales and I hope that is ok. These computers are not listed any more than the one time the link is provided for though. Also, I'm glad you think $300 is a fair price considering everything because regardless of a few better rare chances to get a few things better I found this deal hard to beat or to justify lowering the price any further if at all. Also, it's $300 or best offer for as low as $270 minimum best offer at 10 percent less than the buy it now or not more than 5 percent less than the buy it now not automatically accepted and 5 percent of the buy it now automatically accepted, so read the description for further details.

Last edited:
Back