Dell killed the 5" Streak...

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
http://www.dell.com/us/p/d/campaigns/streak5-eol.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

Seems sad in a way, but the device was plagued from the gitgo by having Android 1.6 on it when other devices were already at 2.0 and some even had 2.1 waiting on Froyo. Oh well, another day, another dead platform device I suppose. If I happen upon one for a good price I'll still consider it, so I'll be checking craigslist soon enough I guess.

As someone who actually owned one and didn't nay-say it without touching it, I really think its the best android device for me. I use my phone as a phone only once in a great while (10 minutes a month). And I use it for browsing web and email and other things most of the time. And damn it, it did fit in my pocket moderately comfortably.

Dell's UI was excellent and surprisingly functional, and the device was the most solid in-hand device I've ever held. The fact it came with Swype was a great addition. The only reason I ditched it was because I'm a T-Mobile customer and couldn't get 3G on it (without buying an expensive AWS version). Shame to see that line go...I'd like to see another 5" tablet done well.

have to agree with XeroHour...

at least for me, the 5" line isnt that big a step up from a 4.3..and the extra real estate is awesome.. sad to see it go..

Back