Dell Inspiron 15" - 7000 Series / Cheapest Skylake + 960M Laptop?

A15G

Supreme [H]ardness
I have one coming in from Amazon and will be here Friday. I don't mind doing a small review and getting back with the [H] community if I have enough interest.

But from the specs and the price this looks to be an AMAZING deal and is the cheapest that comes NEW from factory with a 960M (4GB DDR5 vs most 960M 2GB GDDR5). The cheapest laptop I could find from the egg or other etailers with a 960m is around $899+ and do not come with skylake processors, some even with 1tb 5400rpm hdds, hell even used machines are hard to get for $800.

Sure the dell is made of plastic but the price reflects that. I don't think build quality is going to be amazing but am also curious as to how the system build is overall. Seems to have decent speakers and a built in sub. Some nice and not over done red touches around the laptop. So far I like what I am seeing and am pretty damn excited for Friday to come.

What are your thoughts?

Dell Insprion 7000 Series - Dell.Com

Dell Inspiron 7000 Series - Amazon.Com

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like a great bang for your buck laptop. Only issue I have is that it is almost 6 lbs.

Looks like a great bang for your buck laptop. Only issue I have is that it is almost 6 lbs.

This to me seems like a great all around laptop, I don't think it was ever intended to be light weight. The XPS line however for sure is much lighter and has much better build quality.

Not so far. I can't say that surprises me though, since the price would be too high, and everything else except screen quality would actually get worse: battery life, heat , more weight, etc.

Sucks about the screen. Seems like a really good all arounder other than that.

Back