Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Motherboard

Wilber256

n00b
First please forgive me if this is out of place, I could not find a category for my problem.

Hello, I have a refurbished dell 13 7000 series laptop. Therefore it does not have a service tag sticker on the bottom. My problem(s) is the DC power Jack/receptacle broke off the Motherboard when I attempted to plug in a new replacement DC short cable. The Jack off the MB went into outer space somewhere to be never found.

Can I order a replacement DC MB Jack receptacle and solder it in the place of the missing one? If so do you know where I can purchase one? Or can I cut the plug off the Jack cable and solder the wires straight to the MB? If so where can I find the position placement of each wire? Does the DC MB Jack have pin holes where to desolder, drop in replacement Jack then resolder?
If not then can the Jack cable end be cut off and solder the wires straight to the top of the MB? There is very little space between the pin positions on the MB in relation to each other so from top would be impossible for a shaky hand like mine. Maybe electric contact glue? I fear the distance between the pins on the MB will not allow any type of repair from the top side.

I ordered two used MB’s from eBay and both were defective, one video, one keyboard so I am sorta shy to try again. Being a disabled senior on a very limited income I can’t afford a new MB or the $129 + ones. I had to save to buy the Jack cord and a new battery now the battery is down and no way to charge it. I hope it is still good but if not I will use the laptop on AC and save up for another battery.
I spent quite sometime in the hospital and finally came home and after a period of time gained enough strength to tackle this endeavor. The laptop worked fine until the Jack broke off so the Jack and possibly another battery and I am good to go.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions or recommendations.

Best Regards

https://www.amazon.com/charging-Connector-Harness-Inspiron-13-7000/dp/B0766TJHPJ

Does it look like that? I mean that would be ideal as it looks like it is just a connector and a screw. Or did you lose the connector part on the motherboard?

It's hard to give you good advice because there are several Inspiron 13 7000 variations over the past few years. I'm sure there are subtle differences between them.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
https://www.amazon.com/charging-Connector-Harness-Inspiron-13-7000/dp/B0766TJHPJ

Does it look like that? I mean that would be ideal as it looks like it is just a connector and a screw. Or did you lose the connector part on the motherboard?

It's hard to give you good advice because there are several Inspiron 13 7000 variations over the past few years. I'm sure there are subtle differences between them.
If that's the same as his, he is lucky! Wish I opened a laptop and saw an easy replacement like that lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The service tag is available either in the BIOS or via WMI.

In powershell, if you run the following, it'll tell you the service tag. This will help us find the exact part you need.

Get-WmiObject win32_systemenclosure

Also, most dell parts have a label with a serial number.

Last edited:
If that's the same as his, he is lucky! Wish I opened a laptop and saw an easy replacement like that lol
business class unit have those. a bunch of our donated(to schools) ones have em, dell, hp and lenovo.
if its the 2in1, its prob soldered on and hed need to find the original or a good pic to match it up, get one and solder it on.

Back