dell i7 920. good deal?

bizzy420

Limp Gawd
hey guys i was wondering if i could get an opinion. i really dont know too much about pcs, but this is what im currently using:

amd 3500+
1gb ram
x800xt

this is what i configured on the dell site. can anyone please tell me if this is a good deal?

i just want to know if it will be able to play mkv files and run these scripts posted here. maybe a little bit of gaming also. (cod, crysis)

1 Studio XPS Desktop - 435 Mini Tower
1 640 GB SATA II Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
1 16X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
1 Operating System Label
1 Resource DVD
1 Dell USB 6-Button Logitech Mouse
1 Software CD
1 64BIT Operating System CD
1 Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
1 Thermal MiniTower
1 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz (4 DIMMs)
1 USB Multimedia Keyboard
1 Processor: Intel Core i7-920 Processor (8MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz)
1 Dell 19 in 1 Media Card Reader
1 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4850
1 Image Restore Software
1 Roxio Creator 10

Get 15% off any refurbished Inspiron, Studio or XPS PC with this coupon! - $95.85

1 STUDIO XPS DT (435 MT): 1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis, 24x7 Phone Support (Included In Price)
Order Subtotal: $543.15
Shipping Discount: -$29.99

Tax Total: $47.50
Total Amount: $590.65

this is where you post hot deals not ask if something is a good price or meets your needs so please get a mod to move this for you. this probably belongs in the general hardware forum.

A Core i7 system with an HD4850, Vista HP x64, and the backing/support of an OEM for only $590.65 is a pretty damn hot deal though.

Got a link to that system? I'm assuming its from Dell's Outlet store.

oh sorry man. i misunderstood.

how do i get a mod to move to the correct forum?

King of heroes,

yes its from the outlet. if it's possible to build it instead for aroung the same price or cheaper. please let me know.
i've been away fron the pc scene for a long time.

just PM one of them. this is sort of an in between post though because it does look like a good deal. I guess you could just leave it here and if the mods move it then so be it.

King of heroes,

yes its from the outlet. if it's possible to build it instead for aroung the same price or cheaper. please let me know.
i've been away fron the pc scene for a long time.

At that price I'd just get it from Dell, even if DIYing it was slightly cheaper (I suspect DIYing will definitely be more expensive though).

i've tried to check out prices and buy the parts separately, but i was not able to build a pc with similiar specs for a less expensive price.

anyways my main uses for this pc will be for watching 1080p mkv files, and i would also like to do some gaming like crysis and farcry 2. the last pc game that i played heavily was CS:S.

ofcourse i would also be using it for web surfing, burning dvds, and re-enconding movies.

well for the 1080p part what you are looking at is overkill. But for the game playing you got a nice little system. I am assuming you are going to use a 1080p screen for gaming?

i thought foxconn made boards for big companies like dell and hp /compaq but i could be wrong.

well for the 1080p part what you are looking at is overkill. But for the game playing you got a nice little system. I am assuming you are going to use a 1080p screen for gaming?

yes rolando or i atleast hope that i will be able to play at that res.

the last pc games that i played have all been 1024x768.

link? I want to get this for my dad...also which coupon are you using? This and the e-ips dell 22" will be bought for my dad if I can get a link...

as far as i know, the coupons are all one use only. you can grab them off of ebay for couple bucks.

Great price on an i7 system! I don't think theres a way you could build it that cheap.

Back