Dell has refurbished AW3423DWF for $655

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
Link doesn't work
1677010183401.png

Works fine...

It makes sense to have a slight curve on a 34-inch ultra wide.
1800R isn't what I'd call a "slight" curve. Now, an Asus PG348Q (3800R) is what I'd define as a slight curve. That said, 1800R is still far better than the abomination that is the Samsung Odyssey (1000R).

The link still works fine but it says "Sorry. The product you are looking for is currently out of stock" so yes it is sold out...

It's a beautiful monitor, however Dell has some issues they need to iron out. Hopefully via firmware. Certain things just don't work quite right. Games must be run in Borderless Fullscreen for HDR to work AND to be able to minimize/exit your game without the screen going black forcing a reboot. Screen must also be set to "Gaming" mode for HDR to work properly in game otherwise the colors are completely messed up (tested on Tomb Raider and Ghostwire Tokyo). I've learned to 'live with' these issues for now assuming they'll eventually get fixed but oh boy when you're gaming on this it's truly unrivaled. Non 4K OLED Ultrawide. Tough to beat if that's what you're looking for.

Just got this monitor a week ago, fucking amazing so far. Small quirks but totally worth it IMO. Some people have mentioned that its loud, but I have no idea what they are talking about. The fringing on text is negligible after getting used to it (in about 1 day). You can run some tweaks to help it a lot too. I bought it at 1100 when there was a sale, and have no regrets. At this price its a no brainer if you were debating. Unless warranty stuff matters to you.

Just got this monitor a week ago, fucking amazing so far. Small quirks but totally worth it IMO. Some people have mentioned that its loud, but I have no idea what they are talking about. The fringing on text is negligible after getting used to it (in about 1 day). You can run some tweaks to help it a lot too. I bought it at 1100 when there was a sale, and have no regrets. At this price its a no brainer if you were debating. Unless warranty stuff matters to you.
That's because you're thinking about the wrong model. The one that is loud is the one that has the g-sync module.

Guys reading this - I waited for years before I bit the bullet and got a copy of Display Fusion - it IS worth it - I like it a lot more than the fancy zones stuff -

That's because you're thinking about the wrong model. The one that is loud is the one that has the g-sync module.
I got that one, not the freesync one. Oh thats my fault, I thought it said DW in the OP, not the DWF.

Looks like you can find this one on that same site:

Dell Refurbished 34 inch Curved QD-OLED Alienware Gaming Monitor - AW3423DW
$889.29​

My coworker snagged this deal when I told him about it on Monday, unfortunately the monitor was busted when he received it. Dell won’t do a replacement, they told him he has to return it and buy another one. That would be fine if the coupon hadn’t expired the day he bought it. I was considering this deal too, but really wanted a full warranty. The fact that Dell won’t just replace it makes me wary of buying anything from their outlet in the future.

Edit: Dell just said the refund will take 10-15 business days, yikes.
View attachment 553183
View attachment 553182
That is unfortunate. They might not have stock to replace it. Kinda dumb a big company like Dell takes up to 15 days to refund.

That is unfortunate. They might not have stock to replace it. Kinda dumb a big company like Dell takes up to 15 days to refund.
Maybe that includes the time it takes for the broken one to get back to Dell?

oh wow that packaging is not nearly as good compared to the retail version. Sorry to hear that about your friend.

Given the state of all the refurbished units I got for the DW before getting a new one as replacement for my v1 from last year, I'd stay far away from this deal. You need the warranty on this screen.

I've bought several refurb monitors over the years. With the exception of an NEC 3090 factory refurb they were all 3rd party refurbs and came in poorly fitting mismatched generic boxes.

Unless the model itself is discontinued there's no good reason for Dell not to be able to supply an appropriate box.

Guys reading this - I waited for years before I bit the bullet and got a copy of Display Fusion - it IS worth it - I like it a lot more than the fancy zones stuff -
Oh my gosh, I had forgotten all about this awesome software. I used to use it a ton! My key from 2011 still works even. Thanks for the memory trigger!

I've bought several refurb monitors over the years. With the exception of an NEC 3090 factory refurb they were all 3rd party refurbs and came in poorly fitting mismatched generic boxes.

Unless the model itself is discontinued there's no good reason for Dell not to be able to supply an appropriate box.
Dreamt about 3090s back in the day, they were the top display for quite a while, only thing missing was the ATW polarizer...sadly NEC is all but gone from the enthusiast display market now.

I was an Ultramon user myself, tried DF but preferred Ultramon.
Used it back when I used two and three screens,

I used both. Ultramon was king with XP; but was lagging badly with updates on newer OSes (I got the impression it was a side project for a single dev) and either for Vista or 7 I switched to Display Fusion. Windows kept improving built in multimonitor support though, and I was using them for less with each new release. I think I still had DF doing 1 or 2 things in Win 8; but never used it in my win10 setup at all.

Ended up missing this deal, but general trick is to talk to dell support via chat and say you want to apply an expired coupon, they will offer you 5% off as a compensation. I got my Aw3423dwf for $800 shipped to match my aw3423dw as a secondary :D

Back