Dell Financial Services 20% off monitors, free ship, $25 off coupon.

For some reason I answered his question about the 24" Dell that's on this sale. My bad. :rolleyes:

I need reading lessons I guess ...
No Problem, that is what I figured.. I just wanted to make sure the right info was given on the Alienware. It is a TN panel but 120hz in 2D gaming is butter :) Have not tried 3D, nor was I really interested in it.

Now as for the 24" Dell that is/was on sale I will take your knowledge on it as I have no research into that model ;)

So... has anyone ever ordered from dfsdirectsales.com? I was told by a cs rep that I would be able to purchase a warranty for the two 2407wfp monitors that I've ordered, but when I spoke with a dell cs rep they are unable to locate my order... I've been trying for the last two days with no success... Can anyone who ever ordered from dfsdirectsales.com confirm whether or not the refurbished products from dell are reliable? I would like to find out asap so I can decide on whether or not to refuse the shipment... Thanks!

I am getting mine today. Funny thing is, I originally ordered 3 and then canceled them the next day because I wanted them all to be the same model (say 1908 or 1907). They told me they can't just change my order, I had to cancel and then place a new order. Well I was pissed because that coupon I used had expired. So last Friday I ordered 3 1908fp at about 7:30 pm, but then I changed my mind and decided to order 3 2007fp. Given how easy it was to cancel my order, I thought what the hell. Funny thing was - those guys work 9am till 6 pm, M-F. So I called on Monday about an hour after they opened and the guy (Mike) told me he couldn't cancel my order because they had already shipped them.

So today I am getting all 6 monitors. I'll have to refuse the 19" ones though. My wife wants to kill me for ordering 3. If I get 6, I am definitely going to be kicked out of the house.

I too should be receiving my 2407 today. I'll update you guys with pics and such.

I am getting mine today. Funny thing is, I originally ordered 3 and then canceled them the next day because I wanted them all to be the same model (say 1908 or 1907). They told me they can't just change my order, I had to cancel and then place a new order. Well I was pissed because that coupon I used had expired. So last Friday I ordered 3 1908fp at about 7:30 pm, but then I changed my mind and decided to order 3 2007fp. Given how easy it was to cancel my order, I thought what the hell. Funny thing was - those guys work 9am till 6 pm, M-F. So I called on Monday about an hour after they opened and the guy (Mike) told me he couldn't cancel my order because they had already shipped them.

So today I am getting all 6 monitors. I'll have to refuse the 19" ones though. My wife wants to kill me for ordering 3. If I get 6, I am definitely going to be kicked out of the house.

this made me lol

Hahaha. Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em. (women or monitors :p)

It appears that they restock in the evenings. Got my 2407WFP! Free shipping and no tax... which is interesting since Dell home charges tax here.

yeah saw that. 231 is a decent price. Why so many listings for the same model?

They have 3 different System Identifier numbers. What exactly is the difference? No clue whatsoever. I just picked the highest.

The items are listed as individual items. So instead of listing 2407WFP and saying they have 10 of them. They list each one individually.

On a side note....Fed Ex you suck donkey balls. I was supposed to get my monitor today. It arrived at the Fed Ex hub 20 miles away from my house at 3:30. Apparently, that's too late for them to go deliver it so they are not delivering it til tomorrow. I work all day and this delivery requires a signature so I probably will miss it and won't get it til Friday. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuu!

My PVAs are V1B22 UW473
and my IPS is V1B22 HN210.

Any suggestions on how to properly calibrate? I am not very good at this thing. Might actually have to buy some hardware.

Last edited:
None of those coupons seem to work for me.
$30 off via code $30offSelectMonitors
Just pulled the trigger on a E228WFP to replace my dying Acer
Also tried the Monitor$25$DFS code and it didnt work at all (was going to see if it would let me stack)

So how do these monitors compare to newer LCDs? The reason I ask is because the smaller monitors seem to be a great price, but the larger ones seem to be high priced?

Can someone enlighten me please?

So how do these monitors compare to newer LCDs? The reason I ask is because the smaller monitors seem to be a great price, but the larger ones seem to be high priced?

Can someone enlighten me please?

All the way up to the 24" they were good monitors for the price, just refurbished. Quality displays, though.

It's a good thing the 24" was sold out. I really can't afford one of those right now, but at $200 it was a steal for a non-TN panel.

I saw 24" today. didn't want to spend the money though. for me 3 20" are MORE than enough

Thinking about grabbing either a 19 or 20" Ultrasharp to run in portrait mode for my second monitor. Any input on whether I should get a 19 or 20? I don't think either will sit flush next to my 24.

Thinking about grabbing either a 19 or 20" Ultrasharp to run in portrait mode for my second monitor. Any input on whether I should get a 19 or 20? I don't think either will sit flush next to my 24.

20" hands down. Better panels. Just got mine and they are great. I have 19" at work and I am very happy with my purchase.

The items are listed as individual items. So instead of listing 2407WFP and saying they have 10 of them. They list each one individually.

On a side note....Fed Ex you suck donkey balls. I was supposed to get my monitor today. It arrived at the Fed Ex hub 20 miles away from my house at 3:30. Apparently, that's too late for them to go deliver it so they are not delivering it til tomorrow. I work all day and this delivery requires a signature so I probably will miss it and won't get it til Friday. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuu!
Go PICK IT UP! Just take the tracking # and proof of identity. A 25min ride isn't all that bad to have your stuff. I've done it in the past, but give em a call before you go to make sure your Local Customer Center allows for P/U. (PS, I am a FedEx Freight employee! LOL )

As for the Dell 2407s...I got one about 4 years ago. It STILL looks BRAND NEW and I paid nearly $900 for it at the time. If I would have NOT gotten in on the $145 GTX460 deal...I would have had one on the way...heck, STILL may if the deal is around in a week.

For comparison...I have one of the Dell 1905 Ultra sharps too and BOTH Dells look much better than the other 4 LCDs I got here. a Samsung 23" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001317 The colors look nearly as good on the 23, but the viewing angles suck compared to the 2407. 22" Samsung. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001236 By itself...looks just fine. Absolutely looks terrible next to the 2407. LOL. The others two are just a small 20" Emachine branded and another 19" from HP, so no need to go there. I watch HD movies, do mostly FPS and Racing games on my 24" and I'm not an expert or anyting, but it looks great to me. I don't notice any smearing or ghosting ingame or during movies. From what I remember...Anandtech used this exact monitor as the baseline in its LCD panel reviews for a LONG time. It would be nice if it had HDMI, but can't have everything and @ roughly $200....don't see how one can go wrong with one. Wow, I just think I talked MYSELF into buying another... Sorry wifey-poo...gotta have hardware!

I got it yesterday. Trust me I would of gone and picked it up if it were only a 25 min drive but 20 miles into Portland at 5pm is going to be atleast a 1 hour drive one way.

ouch! Srry, I kinda live in the sticks. Haven't seen big traffic since I lived in San Antonio! How ya like the monitor?

Bastards won't take a Dell Preferred Account :eek: I was really looking forward to having 2 more 2407's....I've had this one for a few years, and I absolutely love it. Zero dead pixels, zero issues with this monitor.

No dead pixels in mine. However, one of the 3 I ordered has been used for 26,000 hours and it seems its brightness is a bit weaker...

Thanks bezant and Juggafat!
I finally ordered a 2407, it came out to $197 with 15% off coupon 15Monitor&Monitor.

Sweet, one of my employees was complaining about needing another 24". I ran down to the local BB, but all they had were 23" 1920x1080 POS monitors. I didn't want to wait for shipping but I can't pass this up.

I purchased 2x 2407wfp from DFS. Both monitors do not have dead pixels or bad backlight bleeding. One of the monitors is darker then the other and they both have about 26,000 hours logged into them. I'm assuming the lamps in the monitor may be dying. My question is, should I try to RMA the darker monitor, return it, or keep it? What do you guys thing?

I had the same thought about one of the monitors I bought so, I'll be curious to see what u decide. However, I got 2007fp, which cost me $90 so I am not sure if it is worth the hassle. Your case is a bit different.

I purchased 2x 2407wfp from DFS. Both monitors do not have dead pixels or bad backlight bleeding. One of the monitors is darker then the other and they both have about 26,000 hours logged into them. I'm assuming the lamps in the monitor may be dying. My question is, should I try to RMA the darker monitor, return it, or keep it? What do you guys thing?

Is there a way to check hours logged?

No dead pixels in mine. However, one of the 3 I ordered has been used for 26,000 hours and it seems its brightness is a bit weaker...

26,000 hours? Wow

That means the montior was on for 3 years straight.

Any ghosting issues when playing games?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/18684432/18808560.aspx

"gpro - The Service Menu 'Time Used' records when power is plugged into the monitor regardless of whether the monitor is On or Off.

To see the actual Video On time -
* Turn the monitor off
* Press and hold the Menu & Minus buttons and press the Power button
* When the monitor powers on, let go of all three buttons
* Press the Minus button. "

^ I believe these instructions is a little different from what Bezant explained to me.

Last edited:
There was a ghosting issue with the default settings, but after I adjusted it with these settings, it went away. http://www.pretentiousname.com/dell2407fix/index.html

Yea... 26,000 hours is alot lol. What do you guys think I should do??

Will it cost you money to return it?

I just ordered a 2408WFP, only one was in stock. I wanted two more.
A00 verision has input lag but the A01 should have corrected it. Hopefully I get that model.
Got it for $196 shipped using that coupon.

Thanks OP and the person who posted the 15% OFF coupon.

^ I'm not sure... It probably will because it doesn't count a defective product. Omg they're selling 2408wfp's? I would waited if I knew they were selling those.

^ I'm not sure... It probably will because it doesn't count a defective product. Omg they're selling 2408wfp's? I would waited if I knew they were selling those.

I kept refreshing the page for about 10 minutes 2 hours ago, about to buy three 20's, then BAM!!!

Three 24s showed up, on being a 2408WFP so I grabbed it. Now I'm waiting on more.
They come with DisplayPort which I really wanted.

Back