Dell Financial Services 20% off monitors, free ship, $25 off coupon.

Someone stop me from buying 2

I was really close to biting on a 2407WFP, but it just seems a little outdated.

Last edited:
Too bad they don't show any 30" panels in stock. I need a third. :D

Juggafat, those 24in's any good?

Great entry level IPS screens. My friend has one and it's pretty nice. Could use some color calibration.

These are a pretty old design so these monitors are pretty beefy. For $206.20 shipped though....how can you resist? You could sell it on CL if you arent happy and prob turn a small profit.

Also 1920x1200!!!!

Every 24" I've seen is 1920x1080 now. Biggest selling point for me.

What about text display? Is it pretty sharp?

Well they are called "Dell Ultrasharp" for a reason.

Hahaha. These are professional products used for workstations and such. So I am sure they have very sharp text to reduce eye strain on office peons like myself who have to stare at a computer screen for 8 hours a day.

I'm looking for something to help out my freelance web coding. My ASUS 23" is great for games and all, but the text starts to look like it's casting a blue shadow after like 10 minutes of work...

Now I'm starting to reconsider on getting this, especially since I'm on a severe budget...

Great entry level IPS screens. My friend has one and it's pretty nice. Could use some color calibration.

These are a pretty old design so these monitors are pretty beefy. For $206.20 shipped though....how can you resist? You could sell it on CL if you arent happy and prob turn a small profit.

Also 1920x1200!!!!

Every 24" I've seen is 1920x1080 now. Biggest selling point for me.

Isn't the 2407WFP an S-PVA panel?

I just caved on one of the 24's. Just keep trying. My first attempt on the 24's said OOS too.

Naaah i was going to jump all over theese if they had Alienware 3D 23.6" with this deal ...

3007WFP-HC for 900'ish brand new a good deal?
These aren't brand new, they are refurbished and come with only a 100 day warranty. I've never purchased a refurbished monitor from Dell, but from what I've read in this forum and others a lot of times you get a like new monitor still factory wrapped with no signs of usage.

I was going to pull the trigger on 3 20" monitors, but clicking on the add to cart button just says that they are no longer available. Too bad because I would have loved to have upgraded my vid card and moved to an eyefinity setup. Its probably for the best though as this will keep the wife happy.

Just called them to cancel my order. Actually I wanted to modify but they refused so...

$30 off via code $30offSelectMonitors
Just pulled the trigger on a E228WFP to replace my dying Acer
Also tried the Monitor$25$DFS code and it didnt work at all (was going to see if it would let me stack)

Last edited:
Deal is still on. Could someone tell me whether I could play Nvidia Surround if the 3 monitors are PVA and IPS mixed?

Deal is still on. Could someone tell me whether I could play Nvidia Surround if the 3 monitors are PVA and IPS mixed?

Yes you can. You only need them to use the same resolution. The video card drivers do not interact with the panel on that level. It doesn't matter if the panel is S-IPS, PVA, PMVA, TN or a mixture of the technologies.

Thanks Dan, I panicked and started a thread on the topic on the video card forums... I guess no point of the thread now.

What is the Alienware 3D 23.6"?? Is it an IPS or what sort of panel? Also is the Dell 24 inch panel an IPS or ?

I bought 2x 2407wfp for 230 a each... I tried calling dell to see if I would be able to extend the warranty, but I just got transferred all over the place. Being that these monitors are between 3 - 4 years old and it only comes with a 100 day warranty, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the purchase. Also realized that these monitors were then 2407wfp-hc edition, but i believe they are still ultra sharp monitors. Need some opinions!!!!!!! Should I keep or cancel??

I think it's S-PVA or something like that .... It's a really good panel though, still better than TN, if you can snag one for the $200. I'd risk the 100 day warranty for one of those bad boys. It would match nicely with my 24" Dell TN panel that's also 1920x1200.

The 3D Alienware AW2310 is TN, 1920x1080 @ 120hz

For some reason I answered his question about the 24" Dell that's on this sale. My bad. :rolleyes:

I need reading lessons I guess ...

Back