Dell Faces Investor Suit Over Intel Pact

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Dell is facing a new investor lawsuit that accusing the company of improperly accounting for hundreds of millions of dollars in payments from Intel. Dell didn’t comment on the case but Intel denied all allegations and said the company is “moving quickly to defend ourselves.”

The lawsuit accuses Dell of artificially inflating profits "by secretly receiving approximately $250 million a quarter in likely illegal rebate kickbacks payments" from Intel in return for an exclusive deal to purchase Intel's microprocessors.

Figures this was going to come back and bite Dell in the hiney. Not a good week for Dell, this after the CEO shakeup earlier this week.

You would have to be a fool to have not noticed this back in the Intel Dell days. They were so pro intel and cut prices so low on thier products that it would be near imposible for them to make good profits without some kickbacks.

LOL Intel was moving quickly to defend itself. LMAO. They are deleting and destroying all evidence that they possibly can right now lol.

Which would get them in even more trouble than the actual act of kickbacks, if true. Judges don't look highly upon destroying evidence.. I'm not so sure even Intel would be dumb enough to try this. In the long run, it's probably cheaper for them to pay an 8 or 9 figure fine and continue business as usual, than to commit (a possibly?) federal offense by destroying documents.

Okay, I want a show of hands, who DIDN'T see this coming? :D Thier former CEO leaving and Micheal Dell getting back in the driver's seat this week should have been a huge sign of something big fixing to go down. All I can say is I can only imagine the look on AMD's chairmen's faces reading this news, as they are licking thier chops like lions going in for the kill. If Dell gets slammed by this lawsuit you can practically expect Intel to go down with them next in AMD's anti-trust case.

The irony of it all is that Intel finally caught up and passed AMD in the processor race.When everyone wanted AMD,Dell wouldn't offer them.Now they're both liable to take a hit.

LOL Intel was moving quickly to defend itself. LMAO. They are deleting and destroying all evidence that they possibly can right now lol.

Ahh so thats why they called in all these shredding trucks? LOL

Enron in the making, hehe

Okay, I want a show of hands, who DIDN'T see this coming? :D Thier former CEO leaving and Micheal Dell getting back in the driver's seat this week should have been a huge sign of something big fixing to go down. All I can say is I can only imagine the look on AMD's chairmen's faces reading this news, as they are licking thier chops like lions going in for the kill. If Dell gets slammed by this lawsuit you can practically expect Intel to go down with them next in AMD's anti-trust case.

I cant wait. As soon as their stocks plummet I'm gonna jump on them. In a year or 2 after all this is long forgotten by investors that stock will be netting big returns.

I cant wait. As soon as their stocks plummet I'm gonna jump on them. In a year or 2 after all this is long forgotten by investors that stock will be netting big returns.

Possibly,but what if AMD manages to pass them again by then?They won't have Dell pushing their processors only to increase sales.

Back