Dell Dimension 9100 with free 2005FPW for $950 good deal?

coolrelax

n00b
I was thinking about buying this, but dont want to regret it. it has a 3ghz pentium 4 and 512 mb ram

The same config was $849AR a couple of days ago.

My dad jumped on the deal this morning. They advertised it prominently on the small business site but the link directs you to a flaming pile of integrated graphics Dimension 3000. So I told him to call to order (of course the small business arm is closed today) but being forceful and polite with the home department he was able to snag it. Unfortunately he couldn't get the wide screen lcd:(, they gave him a 2001FP instead! :D

I went ahead and purchased it this morning as well, the link was dead and went to the dimension 3000 as well for me til someone posted up an updated link on slickdeals. so i jumped on it and i got the 2005 widescreen and upgraded the harddrive to 80gb for 20 bucks.

moldysnow said:
My dad jumped on the deal this morning. They advertised it prominently on the small business site but the link directs you to a flaming pile of integrated graphics Dimension 3000. So I told him to call to order (of course the small business arm is closed today) but being forceful and polite with the home department he was able to snag it. Unfortunately he couldn't get the wide screen lcd:(, they gave him a 2001FP instead! :D

I don't know what a Dimension 9100 is, but it'd have to be a flaming pile of shit, not to be worth at least a serious look if it comes with that monitor bundled at either price.

I thought the thread title said "with free 2405FPW" at first... :eek:

its a free 2405 up now for the $1.199 after rebate deal

ashmedai said:
I don't know what a Dimension 9100 is, but it'd have to be a flaming pile of shit, not to be worth at least a serious look if it comes with that monitor bundled at either price.

I thought the thread title said "with free 2405FPW" at first... :eek:

coolrelax said:
its a free 2405 up now for the $1.199 after rebate deal

Well seeing as that's the retail price of a 2405FPW, and they rarely go for much under $900, if you can get that bundled with a half decent computer it's really good.

Back