Dell Dell UP3214Q 32" UltraSharp HD LED Monitor $2600

Looks like newegg has it for $100 cheaper. I would love to have this monitor but I can't justify replacing my zr30w since it still works great. Also think we need a new generation of video cards to catch up for gaming.

Looks like newegg has it for $100 cheaper. I would love to have this monitor but I can't justify replacing my zr30w since it still works great. Also think we need a new generation of video cards to catch up for gaming.

Good points but this is a good deal for those in the market for a quality 4K monitor.

I think I would have to buy it on newegg, something something taxes. I didnt realize these came out, looks like I need to go take a look at these at micro since these are exactly what I have been waiting for.

This is like buying a dell 30 inch in 2007. No card was able to max any new game out :p

here's a review of it. One thing surprising that caught me was that macs with thunderbolt 2 which does support 4k don't actually support 4k. There are to many caveats for me to consider this at this time. I don't even have a displayport connection on my main pc so i couldn't even use this. If it had a scaler and few more inputs I would be really interested.

Always been an early adopter on most stuff . . . But my three 3008wfp's cost me about $2600 total so I'll just stick with them for a little while longer.

I don't think you'll have to wait 3 years to get this a reasonable price, it's very likely we'll see a sub-$2000 deal this year imho. 4K is not going to remain niche like 2560x1600 did, prices will drop much quicker.

I believe 4k is just going to keep dropping in price. This went down 1k in just a month or so. Plus the cheap sub 1k tn panels are going to flood the market soon. For computer monitors this is the new big thing in monitors. Believe it will be pretty much main stream by the end of the year.

here's a review of it. One thing surprising that caught me was that macs with thunderbolt 2 which does support 4k don't actually support 4k. There are to many caveats for me to consider this at this time. I don't even have a displayport connection on my main pc so i couldn't even use this. If it had a scaler and few more inputs I would be really interested.

Thank you, I've been looking for a good review of this monitor.

Maybe 1 day I'll be part of the 1% and can drop a few grand for this kind of high-end monitor. :cool:

There will be some lucky folks who'll be able to write this purchase off as a business expense. :p

beowulf7 said:
Maybe 1 day I'll be part of the 1% and can drop a few grand for this kind of high-end monitor.

There will be some lucky folks who'll be able to write this purchase off as a business expense.

You will be able to get one for around $1500 by the end of this year.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Man, I can't wait for 1080 as a computing resolution to die and go the way of the 8 track. Nice monitor, and once 4k panels become common, the prices will hopefully leave the stratosphere and return to earth. Looking to upgrade to a 4k panel myself in a year or two... and hoping that most of them are sitting closer to $1k in price by then.

4K is on my list, however not itching right now to upgrade due to high prices.

Back