Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

i'd say that around now is a good time to order (i have to wait for places to start offering the 6x50 core 2's first) but i'm sure as per usual there is no garuntee that getting am onitor made in July means it will definetly be IPS.

I just got my "replacement" monitor for my new 2007wfp. They sent me a refurbished unit from oct 2006. I'm kind of pissed that they think a refurb should replace a new unit. Has this happened to anyone else?

Just ordered my 2007WFP today. I will report back once I get it. I ordered it over the phone, and the guy I talked too was cool. He was not only in a call center in the US (so I was able to understand him) he himself owned the 24" Dell widescreen and told me about how he was trying to get the rev. 2 of it, and he had to exchange his 5 times before he got lucky.

Ordered 7/20/2007, delivered 7/23/2007.
Made in Mexico, serial ends in L, no stuck pixels. I like it.

Ok, got it just a few minutes ago. Perfect screen, serial ends in a L. I am so happy :)

EDIT: And it was made in mexico

well i actualy may order one this week (if the NEC rebate goes away before i can order that anyway), hopefully i can get a piece of this IPS batch everyone else is getting.

Received my 2007WFP today. A04 revision, made in Mexico, Serial # ends with L so I imagine it's a S-IPS panel.
Perfect right out of the box. Did not have to make any adjustments.
Using DVI cable hookup. Ran colormon.exe to check for dead pixels, none.
So far this is the best monitor I have ever had and I bought my first computer in 1969,
(TRS 80, more commonly know as the trash 80). Took less than a week for delivery.

I just ordered one of these bad boys wednesday on their website. Right before they upped the price again. I guess I got lucky, still can't believe I got charged tax, oh well.

It shipped today as opposed to what their site was saying (the 31st my god). So hopefully I get it sometime next week.

Good news. After dell trying to tell me that refurbished means not shrink wrapped and ignore the new version sticker on the sn, I got my replacement which is New.
Had 2 stuck pixels, tapped back to life. All is well.

S-IPS, made in Mexico, SN ends in L, make July 2007. RT803

S-IPS, made in Mexico, SN ends in L, make July 2007. RT803
Same, this thing is beautiful. I'm coming from a Samsung 172x and the colors were quite different from the get-go.

BTW, whats that prog that displays full color screens to help find dead pixels? I can't for the life of me remember it.

following up until i buy it next week, i'm hoping to see people continue to post their recent places orders this next week and what they got, just to make sure it still remains to be majorly IPS.

If July is particularily good month for it, i hope that when i order some time late next week that i still get one from made in july (unless i guess august doesnt represent a switch back).

Same, this thing is beautiful. I'm coming from a Samsung 172x and the colors were quite different from the get-go.

BTW, whats that prog that displays full color screens to help find dead pixels? I can't for the life of me remember it.

Just google "dead pixel finder" or "dead pixel buddy" and you will find what you need.

Google checkemon. Allows you to check everything including geometry and convergence.
Even checks power supply in monitor.

i've been using UDPixel. It even has a feature to rapidly change the colors to help recover stuck pixels.

Ordered on 7/25/07, DHL man just stopped by...

A04 July 2007, Made in Mexico, ends in L, no dead or stuck pixels.

I am very satisfied so far :)

oh, and I went with free shipping; didn't expect a saturday delivery from dhl

Hey :) I'm fairly anal about monitors and looks and such, and I'd hate to get shanked in the panel lottery, especially when I'm coughing up quite a bit of mula...the same as everyone else is coughing up.

I called Dell. They said if I didn't like it, I had 21 days to return it from the date it shipped out for a full refund. Guy told me to go read the site for more information. Says unopened merchanidise. Still not entirely sure what Dell's, maybe someone can help me out there. I asked him about the panel lottery and whether I could make a request for a specific type of panel based on the serial number as a few people here suggesed. I was transferred to technical support, waited 20 minutes, and the next 20 minutes were the most painful minutes of my life. It was an indian guy (nothing against indians, just hard to understand) and he had NO idea what I was talking about. Kept asking me for the serial number of my panel, I kept trying to explain I hadn't purchased one and that I was wondering whether I could specifically request a certain serial number with my order so I was guranteed an S-IPS panel. He kept asking me what the serial number was so he could look up the model information and specs. All the useful information I managed to get was the model numbers were on the box. I think he might've said the sales reps were who I needed to speak to, but the sales rep transferred me to tech support. Either way, maybe if I was ready to buy one they'd be more helpful about making sure I got an S-IPS panel. Oy.

Hey guys I've got a Rev A02 as my secondary monitor. Does that one have any banding issues? I heard that Dell can replace the monitor if there is this issue. I'm wondering If i should go ahead and do that? Plus, I'd like to get my firmware updated to a newer quality one...

Hey guys I've got a Rev A02 as my secondary monitor. Does that one have any banding issues? I heard that Dell can replace the monitor if there is this issue. I'm wondering If i should go ahead and do that? Plus, I'd like to get my firmware updated to a newer quality one...

You tell us if it has banding problems ;), if you have a photo editor like photoshop or the gimp or something, create a gradient and see if there are streaks in it.

Hey :) I'm fairly anal about monitors and looks and such, and I'd hate to get shanked in the panel lottery, especially when I'm coughing up quite a bit of mula...the same as everyone else is coughing up.

I called Dell. They said if I didn't like it, I had 21 days to return it from the date it shipped out for a full refund. Guy told me to go read the site for more information. Says unopened merchanidise. Still not entirely sure what Dell's, maybe someone can help me out there. I asked him about the panel lottery and whether I could make a request for a specific type of panel based on the serial number as a few people here suggesed. I was transferred to technical support, waited 20 minutes, and the next 20 minutes were the most painful minutes of my life. It was an indian guy (nothing against indians, just hard to understand) and he had NO idea what I was talking about. Kept asking me for the serial number of my panel, I kept trying to explain I hadn't purchased one and that I was wondering whether I could specifically request a certain serial number with my order so I was guranteed an S-IPS panel. He kept asking me what the serial number was so he could look up the model information and specs. All the useful information I managed to get was the model numbers were on the box. I think he might've said the sales reps were who I needed to speak to, but the sales rep transferred me to tech support. Either way, maybe if I was ready to buy one they'd be more helpful about making sure I got an S-IPS panel. Oy.

meh, i called them up back in december when i wanted to get to the bottom of the lottery and the same stuff happened pretty much. despite a vrey literal and direct explanation they were insistant on not understanding the very syntax of your request, and of course it takes forever, and if you're 'really lucky" they will transfer you to a "hang up" and make you start all over.

Kind of turned me off from the idea of getting a Dell XPS, less a Dell monitor (although i dont have a whole lot of other options in the monitor department).

Yeah sorry meant which revision changed it officially?

I can't remember if A01 fixed, but it was definitely fixed by A02. There may always be some subtle banding on LCD but nothing like the A00 (I had one) which was very messed up.

Ordered 3x2007wfp 11 days ago, got them today.
A04, serial ends with L. That means S-IPS, right?

Made in Czech in July 2007.

I live in Sweden btw. :)

Ordered 3x2007wfp 11 days ago, got them today.
A04, serial ends with L. That means S-IPS, right?

Made in Czech in July 2007.

I live in Sweden btw. :)

I would check the service menu to make sure you see RT803. But I think its highly likely you have S-IPS.

meh, i wish there were still more people in america ordering them like there used to, seems that european orders are getting alot more IPS's for some reason and i would to get more feedback right around now.

(really, where is the updated screen already? i was hoping when they update the screen they'd use it as a chance to right all this mess).

So how good/bad are the chances right now to receive a S-IPS here in the US of A? I won't bother if the chances are low to get the "right" panel since i would then simply get the Acer AL2051W for half the price.

Honestly, just play the game... a lot of people getting S-IPS lately. Also, if you are at home when they deliver it, just look at the box and see if it is S-IPS (serial number is posted on tag, last letter is an L and you get an S-IPS) and if it isn't, refuse the delivery and they'll refund you or don't open the box and ship it back. Dell is usually good about returns, especially if it is unopened. Just do that and try again. Can't hurt.

Honestly, just play the game... a lot of people getting S-IPS lately. Also, if you are at home when they deliver it, just look at the box and see if it is S-IPS (serial number is posted on tag, last letter is an L and you get an S-IPS) and if it isn't, refuse the delivery and they'll refund you or don't open the box and ship it back. Dell is usually good about returns, especially if it is unopened. Just do that and try again. Can't hurt.

I can only imagine that in Dells ongoing war with its customer that once it realizes people have figured out the serial number they will obscure that, just like they changed the service menu Panel info form Clear: LG LPL.... to Coded: RT803. Dells answer to customer complaints about Dell shipping random panels seems to be to work harder and harder to hide info about shipping them random panels. Lovely way to do business.

Word to Dell. I don't buy lottery products.

You have to call Customer Services. They use Order Number for reference ( a number begin wih 38XXXXXXX).

Technical Support is a manual book. They use Serial Number for reference.

Big company can't upgrade themself. Their software is too big to improve.

Btw, don't loose a time to request S-IPS. They can't. They are robot to produce and shipping. We just play a lottory and return.

I just recieved my 2007wfp. A bit dissapointed that I had to spend so much to get it, but I am very pleased with the monitor. I got an S-IPS. Absolutely ZERO backlight bleed. No dead pixels. It looks awsome. I am so glad I didn't go with a TN panel like the 226bw.

I stay in India & I had ordered a Dell 2007WFP on 20th August so i just want to know is the Dell Lottery still going on?

if yes then what are the chances of me getting a S-IPS (RT803) Panel?

:rolleyes:

man not alot of reports lately, too bad since i might order mine this week and no ones posting anymore.

man not alot of reports lately, too bad since i might order mine this week and no ones posting anymore.

After watching this from the beginning, I would say the lotto is always in place, and changes on a batch basis almost week to week.

Though it will probably end with this model. The 2008wfp appears to be a cheapo TN screen. No more wondering if you get an IPS, they won't be available at all.

After watching this from the beginning, I would say the lotto is always in place, and changes on a batch basis almost week to week.

Though it will probably end with this model. The 2008wfp appears to be a cheapo TN screen. No more wondering if you get an IPS, they won't be available at all.

Well of course i figure the lotteryt is still going on, last time there were alot of people here though people were consistently getting IPSes for about a month with only a few VA reports in between (didnt seem like a week to week change), but it would be nice to still have that, i guess everyone that wanted one has got one at this point.

Well of course i figure the lotteryt is still going on, last time there were alot of people here though people were consistently getting IPSes for about a month with only a few VA reports in between (didnt seem like a week to week change), but it would be nice to still have that, i guess everyone that wanted one has got one at this point.

It could be worse. I actually want the 4:3 version 2007fp, but no one ever mentions it. Haven't heard a thing in a long time.

When they did mention it, it seems the opposite of the 2007wfp, mostly PVA with a few IPS thrown in. I bought one of these way back before I started this thread and got a PVA A00 model. I haven't tried again since, because it just isn't worth the trouble. I keep my eye out for used ones in my neighborhood as that would be easier than dealing with Dell and their damn random part shipping.

Though even if there has been a good run lately doesn't mean they won't be switching over to a PVA batch the day you order. When I bought mine I had heard of nothing buy S-IPS version of the 2007fp in North America, but I was at the beginning of the big PVA run that never really changed.

Back