Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

I WILL ORDER THIS WEEK I THINK........400CAD DELL2007 WFP

IS THE ISP PANEL ( DELL) IS
FAST ENOUGHT FOR GAMES ( F1 RACING....NEED FOR SPEED OR FAST GAMES FPS ETC) LIKE THE EXPENSIVE ISP PANEL(6MS) FROM NEC...(W20GX2) 550CAD

TYVM

anyone???????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've played Oblivion and Far Cry so far on my 2007wfp and they seem to run fine. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary like ghosting.

Update:

I had posted a few weeks ago about getting a PM330, exchanging it, and then getting another PM330. I cancelled that order and returned both. Then more recently I started reading about how everyone was getting RT803s so I decided to play again. I did get an RT803 this time, but it had two stuck pixels. Did an exchange and got another RT803, this one with no dead pixels! Finally.

Nick

Congrats Nick. Just think of it this way, you'll really appreciate and probably enjoy your new monitor more than the typical user. That said, I am glad I lucked out on my first try.

I won on the dell refurb lottery first time as stated above. Dell has stated that they only have a 90 day warranty which kind of bummed me out. Those whom have had these monitors for awile. Has the warranty really been a issue? Im just worried about having a sub $300 monitor that has no warranty to fall back on.

Who else besides me is having a problem with tech support for these screens? Like most of you, I bought my screens without actually buying a computer along with it.

This morning, I had to call in because one of my RT803s seems to be showing a horizontal line across the screen (though it seems to have almost disappeared now...it's still faintly there), and they keep asking for a damn service tag...yet a service tag is something you only get when you buy the display with a computer :confused:

On a side note...has anyone else had a similar problem with the horizontal line of seemingly stuck pixels?

Who else besides me is having a problem with tech support for these screens? Like most of you, I bought my screens without actually buying a computer along with it.

This morning, I had to call in because one of my RT803s seems to be showing a horizontal line across the screen (though it seems to have almost disappeared now...it's still faintly there), and they keep asking for a damn service tag...yet a service tag is something you only get when you buy the display with a computer :confused:

On a side note...has anyone else had a similar problem with the horizontal line of seemingly stuck pixels?
Tech support (usually in India or Bombay) is programmed to automatically assume that you also have a Dell computer and any deviation from that throws them off of their script which makes them uncomfortable. Apparently "building your own" is a far-fetched idea in that part of the world...I even had to go as far as to find the model # of the Dell pc that most closely matched the specs of my rig just to avoid a long drawn out back and forth. They are trained to automatically blame the pc whenever it is a non Dell product but once you get past that part, it's just simply a matter of patiently following their troubleshooting script (even if you have tried the steps many times on your own) until they agree there is an issue with the monitor and approve an rma. To be fair though...it is always best to eliminate your videocard/drivers as the source before pointing the finger at the monitor.

Tech support (usually in India or Bombay) is programmed to automatically assume that you also have a Dell computer and any deviation from that throws them off of their script which makes them uncomfortable. Apparently "building your own" is a far-fetched idea in that part of the world...I even had to go as far as to find the model # of the Dell pc that most closely matched the specs of my rig just to avoid a long drawn out back and forth. They are trained to automatically blame the pc whenever it is a non Dell product but once you get past that part, it's just simply a matter of patiently following their troubleshooting script (even if you have tried the steps many times on your own) until they agree there is an issue with the monitor and approve an rma. To be fair though...it is always best to eliminate your videocard/drivers as the source before pointing the finger at the monitor.

Yes, I agree with them... I did a fair deal of TS calls with Dell for the business stuff and once, I was redirected to them by error and they won't allow me to break from their own script. It seems that if they did, they will be lost as to what to do...

For my own stuff, I will call the business TS number and make up a reason then I get a more knowledgeable guy who can trust me and do what is needed. Every time, they see I already pinpointed out the issues... That's the gripe with Dell.

Heh, Bombay is in India, BTW :p

Yeah, I've had to deal with Dell tech support before (not for me but for clients) and it's wretched. At least the consumer side of it. I've been considering a Dell for my next notebook but the support alone almost makes me want to go with a Latitude, that and the build quality.

Anyway, after leaving the monitor on it seems to have repaired itself...strange?

To add to the lottery. I just got my new 2007wfp shipped from Nashville. Made in Mexico during April 2007 and is a RT803 panel. Great looking monitor.

I been lurking around here for a few months, reading about the Dell Lottory and such. I have been interested in getting the Dell 2007FP. Yes, yes the 4:3 non-widescreen. Anyway, I risked it and bought it on April 27 and recieved it on April 30.

It shipped from Grove Field, Ohio.
It was made in Mexico in April 2007.
Rev A04
I pulled up the advanced menu and it said it is a HN210. Yes, the Rumors about the S-ISP panels not being shipped are false.
The panel looks amazing. There is a purple hue when looking from extreme angles. There is 2 dead pixels, one red and one green. But they are on the egdes and are not noticable. So, I'll keep it. Just thought I would let everyone know. ;)

I been lurking around here for a few months, reading about the Dell Lottory and such. I have been interested in getting the Dell 2007FP. Yes, yes the 4:3 non-widescreen. Anyway, I risked it and bought it on April 27 and recieved it on April 30.

It shipped from Grove Field, Ohio.
It was made in Mexico in April 2007.
Rev A04
I pulled up the advanced menu and it said it is a HN210. Yes, the Rumors about the S-ISP panels not being shipped are false.
The panel looks amazing. There is a purple hue when looking from extreme angles. There is 2 dead pixels, one red and one green. But they are on the egdes and are not noticable. So, I'll keep it. Just thought I would let everyone know. ;)

in FASTgames is it fast enought no gosthing? 12 ms..................

The previous post about the RT803 rumors being false is incorrect.

I just ordered (2) 2007WFP on the 26th and received them today. Both are RT803's and both shipped out of Austin, Texas.

Has anyone here got the Dell 2007FP with S-IPS recently? Or the switch to S-PVA is now permanent?

I just received a replacement S-IPS on Monday for my S-PVA I received 2 weeks ago. So it does appear to still be an option.

I have been comparing these side by side and honestly for gaming the S-PVA seems to be a better choice. I did all the tests on here and I can see more detail in photos then with the SIPS. The only down side is I do get a little white out towards to outer edge of a large photo with the SPVA.

I am not certain which on to keep. The S-IPS does have one red stuck pixel on the far right only visible on white.

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

I just received a replacement S-IPS on Monday for my S-PVA I received 2 weeks ago. So it does appear to still be an option.

I have been comparing these side by side and honestly for gaming the S-PVA seems to be a better choice. I did all the tests on here and I can see more detail in photos then with the SIPS. The only down side is I do get a little white out towards to outer edge of a large photo with the SPVA.

I am not certain which on to keep. The S-IPS does have one red stuck pixel on the far right only visible on white.

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

which one's which btw? (i can see differences but i dont own either so i dont really know) one seems to have some mura issues.

also lol at the S-PVA being better for gaming, not because i disagree, but because after all the fuss that it actually might have some superiority over the S-IPS panel.

The one on the left is the PVA and the right is the IPS.

The brightness you see is not actually there. I used a DSLR camera and it left the shutter open longer than normal so it picked up more light in the photos. Both screens have very little light leakage when black. The PVA has quit a bit of the purple tinge to it.

I have a 2001FP IPS before these but I still not sure I want to keep the IPS

The brightness you see is not actually there. I used a DSLR camera and it left the shutter open longer than normal so it picked up more light in the photos. Both screens have very little light leakage when black. The PVA has quit a bit of the purple tinge to it.

and in the two middle pictures i assume the first is IPS and the second is PVA then? (i presume you mean the viewers right/left).

and yeah it picks up some strange looking clouds indeed with that camera.

anyway though, hasn't been alot of good side by side comparisons (perhaps both to show the actual difference, and maybe to show that there is still merit to the PVA in case you do get stuck with one, which despite volatility still seems very possible, i'm hoping that by the time i order one that they will have gone to the 2008wfp and that they use it as an oppurtunity to have one panel....and hopefully a better one and not a worser one like viewsonic did).

I just got one of these off ebay and it turned out to be a PVA panel. :(

Anyways, I was going to use this to replace my 17" Viewsonic pro series panel (which is the closest to perfection I've seen from an LCD to date imo) but now I'm considering going back because I immediately noticed the 2007wfp's inferior color production, I cannot get it to look good by comparison. I altered the gamma, brightness and contrast through ATI tray tools and managed to get it looking semi-decent but it's still not great, the biggest problem being everything looks washed out especially with white backgrounds. The one thing this monitor has over the viewsonic is better overall contrast but I would expect that with a newer 800:1 panel versus a four year old 500:1 panel.

My question is, those of you who have had both the PVA and IPS panels, are colors more vivid with the IPS panel? The washed out look of this PVA is quite horrible except with blacks. If the IPS is similar I've got a new 2007wfp if anyone is interested in buying.

Ziuck, the clouding in your shots of the PVA is what mine looks like as well while the IPS looks much better but I can't trust a camera.

Ziuck, the clouding in your shots of the PVA is what mine looks like as well while the IPS looks much better but I can't trust a camera.

The clouding you see is not present on either monitor in person. It is caused by the long shutter time when using that camera. The only thing you see is a bit a purple hue when viewing the IPS, while the PVA is nice and black.

Here are 4 picks, first 2 are of the S-IPS and other 2 are of S-PVA with a different camera.

S-IPS 2007FP A04
DSC00290.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

S-PVA 2007FP A04
DSC00292.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

It's kind of odd that your camera catches the clouding on the PVA but not the IPS. How is the color between the two panels? Everyone says the IPS is better so it has to have noticable differences. Regardless, your IPS shots look much better.

Seriously there should be laws against this sort of thing. It's like false advertising or something.

Hi Ziuck
i am surprise that the ips is slower in game than the pva.......

Q.: 1:more gosthing with the ips!!!!!!(because of the spec. of the 2 panel)..........a bit of a surprise........what kind of game did you test on the 2 panel ? FPS or RACING games

Q.:2 BTW S-IPS suppose to have better angle? Y or N? Q.:3:and better colors ( after some reviews) Y or N?

ty for your time

When I look at real screens, I see exactly what you camera shows, except for your over exposed shot of the black screen. Having owned a PVA 2007FP, I did see that "clouding" quite clearly and it drove me nuts. You may be insensitive to it, but your camera is capturing reality.

That "clouding" by the way is the loss of contrast at small angles in the PVA screen. You turn your head 2 degrees or move half an inch and it shifts more. It doesn't bother some people at all but I hated it. I actually have a cheap TN screen now to replace the PVA because PVA was so shifty.

I will not buy another screen unless it is S-IPS. Bottom line these are great images to show the effect, but most people propably won't notice in use.

The clouding you see is not present on either monitor in person. It is caused by the long shutter time when using that camera. The only thing you see is a bit a purple hue when viewing the IPS, while the PVA is nice and black.

Here are 4 picks, first 2 are of the S-IPS and other 2 are of S-PVA with a different camera.

S-IPS 2007FP A04
DSC00290.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

S-PVA 2007FP A04
DSC00292.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

in FASTgames is it fast enought no gosthing? 12 ms..................

I played a few fast action Dvd's and FPS and Racing game. The picture was always clear for me. I never saw any ghosting. I also did several gradiant testing. There hasn't been anybanding issues that I could see. I am pretty through and picky, but I can't find anything to complain about the monitor. (Except for the two dead pixels.... but I can't ever notice them.)

I played a few fast action Dvd's and FPS and Racing game. The picture was always clear for me. I never saw any ghosting. I also did several gradiant testing. There hasn't been anybanding issues that I could see. I am pretty through and picky, but I can't find anything to complain about the monitor. (Except for the two dead pixels.... but I can't ever notice them.)

HI
it was a S-IPS PANEL? very important i have to buy soon

TYVM:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Ziuck
i am surprise that the ips is slower in game than the pva.......

Q.: 1:more gosthing with the ips!!!!!!(because of the spec. of the 2 panel)..........a bit of a surprise........what kind of game did you test on the 2 panel ? FPS or RACING games

Q.:2 BTW S-IPS suppose to have better angle? Y or N? Q.:3:and better colors ( after some reviews) Y or N?

ty for your time

1.) I didn't say it was ghosting more, they both appear to be about the same at least to my eye. I tested with HL2. F.E.A.R. and Prey. In some dark places the S-PVA "seemed" to show more detail (hence its 1000:1 vs 800:1 contrast ratio.) The S-IPS was the most consistent though.

2.) To me the S-IPS has a purple hue when viewing at angles. The S-PVA does not have this but can be seen from pretty much every angle. It does wash out a little when off center.

3.) The S-IPS appears to be a little truer in color but I think that can be resolved with calibration. My wife uses a 1907FPv that has been calibrated for photo editing and the S-IPS looks the closest.

hi again deathret !!!!!!! what is the racing games you play i am curious but your very helpfull for me

ty you again so much

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hi again deathret !!!!!!! what is the racing games you play i am curious but your very helpfull for me

ty you again so much

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I played Halopc/HaloCE racing mod called "Super_stunt_track", which is very "fast". Also, I played Need for Speed IV. And Starwars Pod racing, which is "fast". I was going for games I owed with as much fast/moving action as possible. Not graphic intense.

I played Halopc/HaloCE racing mod called "Super_stunt_track", which is very "fast". Also, I played Need for Speed IV. And Starwars Pod racing, which is "fast". I was going for games I owed with as much fast/moving action as possible. Not graphic intense.

OK TYYYYYYYYYYYYY

GRAPHIC INTENSE ; NO WAY FOR GOSTHING?

I just took delivery of my 2007 with a RT803 screen for my old computer, so it seems that I lucked out without having to exchange it.

Back