Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

I bought this screen few weeks ago, and I have some questions..
above 25 brightness the screen seems to be too bright.
I moved from CRT to LCD, and I don't know if that's the reason but I see black dots on the white and on bright pictures I seem to see the pixels..
I'm using 1680X1050..
I think I asked this questions or some of them here \ other forum.. but I can return it until Sunday so i really need to know if I should replace it..

well i got through quickly and the exchange is set up. lets hope i get the correct panel this time. should get it middle of next week b/c its comming ground.

how does it work? they send you the new one and you put the bad one with the box in the shipping box which i presume is prepaid?

i just want to make sure it's easy since i have yet to find a more suitable solution to this monitor, there doesnt seem to be an updated version of this one on the horizon (where dell may reset its lottery mistakes that it may have no control over anymore with this line) and the Viewsonic VX2025 seems discontinued, the one monitor i may have wanted to get opposed to this one.

how does it work? they send you the new one and you put the bad one with the box in the shipping box which i presume is prepaid?

i just want to make sure it's easy since i have yet to find a more suitable solution to this monitor, there doesnt seem to be an updated version of this one on the horizon (where dell may reset its lottery mistakes that it may have no control over anymore with this line) and the Viewsonic VX2025 seems discontinued, the one monitor i may have wanted to get opposed to this one.
Yup. They even used Fedex Overnight, and there should be a ground UPS label to ship the old one back.

Yup. They even used Fedex Overnight, and there should be a ground UPS label to ship the old one back.

well that actually sounds rather convenient, i guess the only issue is if you can keep doing it multiple times (although lately it seems like people either get it on their first try or on the exchange).

does the 30 days reset when you do the exchange or does the clock keep ticking?

does the 30 days reset when you do the exchange or does the clock keep ticking?

The exchange period is actually 21 days. Also it 'keeps on ticking' during and after your exchange. Exchange period starts when the invoice is generated (not when you receive the product!) and counts down regardless if any exchanges have been made.

The exchange period is actually 21 days. Also it 'keeps on ticking' during and after your exchange. Exchange period starts when the invoice is generated (not when you receive the product!) and counts down regardless if any exchanges have been made.

you mean it's 30 days but it's 21 by the time you actually receive it roughly?

anyway that stinks, but at least they use overnight for exchanges so i guess if you're on top of it you should be able to get it taken care of, still that stinks though.

you mean it's 30 days but it's 21 by the time you actually receive it roughly?

anyway that stinks, but at least they use overnight for exchanges so i guess if you're on top of it you should be able to get it taken care of, still that stinks though.

No it isn't 30 days. It is 21 days from the date your invoice is generated ie when you submit your order.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?;s=gen&~section=010#total

ardware Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell or except as provided in the section below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and software that is unopened and still in its/their sealed package or, if delivered electronically, that has not been downloaded, may be returned within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.

I don't know where you are getting the 30 days information.

Just received a 2007FP.

Made in Mexico
Rev A04
UW473

It was shipped Friday from Grove City, OH

Just received a 2007WFP: A04, Made in Mexico, PM330, shipping label says Grove City, OH. Contacted Dell for an exchange.

We are up to 4 PVA screens in the last two weeks now, so the lotto is still going strong.

I think I will save up for a 30" and hopefully it will still be S-IPS.

Well I got my replacment today and again a PVM 330. I have been using the monitor and so far I find its the still the best LCD I have used. Colors look fine, no dead pixles, and no back bleed. I think I might just keep the first LCD.

Received two 2007WFP's yesterday, rev A04, Made in Mexico, both are PM330, shipped from Grove City, OH. friday.

So what's the best way to go about an exchange? I just call them and say I want to exchange these two for two others? I wonder if I shouldn't wait until we start seeing S-IPS's shipping again. Sounds to me like Dell is flip-flopping panels every couple of weeks. It was just the begining of April that we thought the lottery was over... Should have ordered sooner.

Recieved a brandspanking new 2007wfp A03 as a replacement for my 2005fpw wich had began to flicker on certain colors. lol gogo dell expected to get a refurbed 2005fpw :D

it kicks a serious amount of butt and im pretty sure it is a s-ips panel as it has the same purple glow when looking at a black screen from a angle as my s-ips 2005fpw
is this a good way to distinguish a SIPS panel? anyway its a RT803 A03 made in chechz republic

Recieved a brandspanking new 2007wfp A03 as a replacement for my 2005fpw wich had began to flicker on certain colors. lol gogo dell expected to get a refurbed 2005fpw :D

it kicks a serious amount of butt and im pretty sure it is a s-ips panel as it has the same purple glow when looking at a black screen from a angle as my s-ips 2005fpw
is this a good way to distinguish a SIPS panel? anyway its a RT803 A03 made in chechz republic

Thats definitely a S-IPS. Congrats.

No it isn't 30 days. It is 21 days from the date your invoice is generated ie when you submit your order.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?;s=gen&~section=010#total

ardware Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell or except as provided in the section below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and software that is unopened and still in its/their sealed package or, if delivered electronically, that has not been downloaded, may be returned within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.

I don't know where you are getting the 30 days information.

whenever i called inquiring about exchanges they said it was a 30 day time limit for doing so.

Got my exchange. Another PM330 out of Grove City, OH (but shipped from Reno, NV). I'm sending both back for a refund. This is ridiculous.

Got my exchange. Another PM330 out of Grove City, OH (but shipped from Reno, NV). I'm sending both back for a refund. This is ridiculous.

Hey NickSD, what sort of contact have you had with customer service? Did you explain the whole panel thing to them or just tell them that you wanted a different one? I've got 2 that I need to exchange so I'm trying to figure out how to go about this. Not that anyone at Dell can really help, or will even know the difference for that matter, but...

Has anyone recieved an S-IPS lately that wasn't a refurb?

When I called them for the exchange, I explained everything about the difference in panel types, etc. and they sounded surprised but went ahead with the exchange. I even said to put a note saying that I wanted S-IPS but I doubt they did anything about it. When I called again today to schedule the return (I decided that I just don't want to deal with more exchanges -- not worth my time and stress) I explained the situation again. I'm starting to think that they may have switched to S-PVA for good...

Hey NickSD, what sort of contact have you had with customer service? Did you explain the whole panel thing to them or just tell them that you wanted a different one? I've got 2 that I need to exchange so I'm trying to figure out how to go about this. Not that anyone at Dell can really help, or will even know the difference for that matter, but...

Has anyone recieved an S-IPS lately that wasn't a refurb?

The recent S-PVA surge made me want to kiss my S-IPS panel that I got only 3 weeks ago.

the PVA panel is really not that bad. Video Quailty is excellent, colors looks spot on, and there is no ghosting as far as I can see. Give the PVA panel a chance. The PVA's have better blacks than the S-ISP panel's. I was really hoping to get an S-ISP panel so I could go a side by side compare to see if the S-ISP was really that much better.

the PVA panel is really not that bad. Video Quailty is excellent, colors looks spot on, and there is no ghosting as far as I can see. Give the PVA panel a chance. The PVA's have better blacks than the S-ISP panel's. I was really hoping to get an S-ISP panel so I could go a side by side compare to see if the S-ISP was really that much better.
The code for S-PVA seems to have changed since the last time I browsed this thread so it's possible Dell is using a revised panel in the latest revision. I know that people who got the earlier S-PVA panels in the 2007 said that it was inferior to the version used in the 2407 but it may be comparable now. (and may explain why Dell doesn't understand people liking the 2407 but hating the 2007 with the same type panel) In any case...I beat the lottery by buying mine during a long run of S-IPS back in November 06.;)

The code for S-PVA seems to have changed since the last time I browsed this thread so it's possible Dell is using a revised panel in the latest revision. I know that people who got the earlier S-PVA panels in the 2007 said that it was inferior to the version used in the 2407 but it may be comparable now. (and may explain why Dell doesn't understand people liking the 2407 but hating the 2007 with the same type panel) In any case...I beat the lottery by buying mine during a long run of S-IPS back in November 06.;)
You are very lucky. I am 0-2. I am still trying to get this thing fully tuned, but I am getting there. Other manufactures need to take note of Dell's Stand. Best looking monitor out there period. Its not shinny, but just overall sleek and a solid design.

The code for S-PVA seems to have changed since the last time I browsed this thread so it's possible Dell is using a revised panel in the latest revision.

I haven't noticed a Code change except for when Dell started to hide the real name of the panel and replace it with a code, presumably so we wouldn't know what we are getting.

well since people manage to find the panel models somehow maybe someon can confirm this, maybe, from the sound of it that's the change from A04??? Although i didnt think the panel code changed, are you even talking about the WFP or the FP?

I think I got an IPS panel.

When I view from extreme right and left, the black looks purple. Although if I view from extreme top or bottom, it looks a more dark yellow.

That sound like an IPS panel?

Yeah S-IPS can look a bit gold or yellow from the side. A good way to tell is by looking at a photo with a lot of shaded areas. If the shaded areas look brighter from the side then its S-PVA. The PVA's always look dark face-on where photos are concerned. The S-IPS wont get darker or lighter looking from front to side even if the black looks more purple.

I am thinking of ordering one of these Dells. Lottery aside, are both panels better quality than the TNs that come in most 22 inch displays? I used a 20 inch Samsung 206bw and now have an Acer 2216. Not sure what panel the 206bw used, but the quality was quite inferior to my wife's 215tw. The Acer 2216 is just not good...the vertical viewing angle is killing me. I don;t view my LCD from weird angles, but when I am directly in front of it I want Windows desktop apps to look consistent from side to side. Will the Dell provide this regardless of the panel?

How are the latest MVA Dell panels compare to say the 215tw? Or compared to any of the other low cost 20-22 inch panels out there? I reeaallly don't want to play the return game, so I am hoping I can be satisfied regardless of what I receive.

Yeah S-IPS can look a bit gold or yellow from the side. A good way to tell is by looking at a photo with a lot of shaded areas. If the shaded areas look brighter from the side then its S-PVA. The PVA's always look dark face-on where photos are concerned. The S-IPS wont get darker or lighter looking from front to side even if the black looks more purple.

I don't notice anything getting lighter, other than the gold/purple being lighter than black.

Can you link me to a good photo for testing shaded areas?

I don't notice anything getting lighter, other than the gold/purple being lighter than black.

Can you link me to a good photo for testing shaded areas?

Why don't you just look up the panel id?

1) Turn off your monitor using the monitor's power button.
2) Hold down the menu + 'plus' button while powering up the monitor.
3) When you see video let go of the buttons and hit the 'minus' button.

What you are looking for is the panel id located on the upper right of the service menu. If it displays RT803 then its a SIPS. PM303(or330?) is the S-PVA panel.

I am thinking of ordering one of these Dells. Lottery aside, are both panels better quality than the TNs that come in most 22 inch displays? I used a 20 inch Samsung 206bw and now have an Acer 2216. Not sure what panel the 206bw used, but the quality was quite inferior to my wife's 215tw. The Acer 2216 is just not good...the vertical viewing angle is killing me. I don;t view my LCD from weird angles, but when I am directly in front of it I want Windows desktop apps to look consistent from side to side. Will the Dell provide this regardless of the panel?

How are the latest MVA Dell panels compare to say the 215tw? Or compared to any of the other low cost 20-22 inch panels out there? I reeaallly don't want to play the return game, so I am hoping I can be satisfied regardless of what I receive.

The biggest negative of the S-PVA panels Dell uses is the lost of details when viewing a dark picture straight on. If you were to shift your head to the sides than you'll be able to see the missing details. Otherwise the PVA version is just fine. From what I can tell the color isn't as good as the SIPS, but the blacks are better.

The biggest negative of the S-PVA panels Dell uses is the lost of details when viewing a dark picture straight on. If you were to shift your head to the sides than you'll be able to see the missing details. Otherwise the PVA version is just fine. From what I can tell the color isn't as good as the SIPS, but the blacks are better.

Thanks for the response. While I game a little, I can handle some loss of PQ in games (where I imagine dark scenes are more prevalent) more than I can staring at a Windows desktop. The Samsung 215tw I had was S-PVA, and I thought it's Windows color performance was stunning. The Acer TN I am using looks pretty good in games, but in Windows the upper menu bar looks like a totally different color than the bottom taskbar.

Anyway, I feel better knowing a monitor I liked is the same panel as the loser of the Dell panels.

That said, I still hope I get a S-IPS!

Why don't you just look up the panel id?

1) Turn off your monitor using the monitor's power button.
2) Hold down the menu + 'plus' button while powering up the monitor.
3) When you see video let go of the buttons and hit the 'minus' button.

What you are looking for is the panel id located on the upper right of the service menu. If it displays RT803 then its a SIPS. PM303(or330?) is the S-PVA panel.

Nothing came up when I did that. Maybe the 4th revision was to keep the panel id from appearing.

I've tried it about 20 times and it's not showing up.

Hmm thats strange. I'll just copy and paste instructions from a previous post. My previous post isn't worded as clearly.

1. Turn off the monitor.
2. Press the "Menu" and the "+" and the "Power button" at the same time.
3. When monitor has come on, press the "-" button and the service menu will come on.

I got a new MVA and its pretty damn good. But take my word with a grain of salt as every LCD I have owned have been all TN's before this one. In games color are good. I am going to test Stalker for a bit see how it does with a dark game and heavy shadows.

Hmm thats strange. I'll just copy and paste instructions from a previous post. My previous post isn't worded as clearly.

1. Turn off the monitor.
2. Press the "Menu" and the "+" and the "Power button" at the same time.
3. When monitor has come on, press the "-" button and the service menu will come on.

I think I wasn't getting the menu and + pressed quick enough after turning it on. 21st time worked though.

Back