Dell Back-to-school Notebook Giveaway

just trying to get a status check on everything. still no word here yet and i won at/around aug 16th. what about everyone else?

Miami_Fly_Guy said:
just trying to get a status check on everything. still no word here yet and i won at/around aug 16th. what about everyone else?

try this...

stole this from SD

To check the status of your system, even if you have not received a confirmation email from Dell do this:

Click here: http://support.dell.com/support/order/status.aspx

Click the link that says "Don't Know Your Order or Customer Number?" Fill in the information as requested.

This will give you your customer number and order number. Return to http://support.dell.com/support/order/status.aspx and enter your order number for step 1 and your customer number for part 2.

:D Oh wow! I was getting ready to let you guys know that a day or two ago I got a response from the email that I had sent the eprize fulfillment people saying that I had indeed been approved,when the phone rang and the answering machine picked it up...I heard, "this is UPS calling about the delivery of your Dell order..." I rushed to pick up the phone and it was a recording that started rapidly spouting out my tracking number! EEK! I grabbed a pen and wrote it on my hand :eek: Geez the one time I pick up the phone,and the machine stopped recording! Anyhoo...I never have gotten an order number/email from Dell,but according to the UPS website it is supposed to be delivered Monday! YAY! So, for all that were starting to doubt hearing from them, there is still hope. I won on the 6th of August and I, this week, just heard about my approval AND delivery. Good luck to everyone still waiting and thank you to everyone who has had to listen to me on here the last month! :)
Have a great weekend everyone!

Just to let ya know, my laptop did arrive. It is very nice and my son is LOVIN' it! :) He is the main reason I was trying to win it,as we had saved up for a long time and had gotten him a Dell laptop last April for his birthday,and it was smashed by an SUV (Loooooong story). We had no money to replace it,and did not pay for the 'accidental insurance coverage' - so it had been a total loss.Dell said he would have been the poster child for their accidental insurance coverage,Which I am now going to check on purchasing for this one.Anyhoo,my son is a good kid,and I really wanted him to have a replacement....but he has to share! lol

i hadnt heard anything from the company so i tried the method someone suggested of entering my info at the dell website. turns out it shipped and my mom is going to pick it up at the facility this weekend since nobody was out the house to sign for it. i think that im going to end up selling it and my qpack to get a nice asus with a vid card etc..any other winners have anything else new?

I received my approval email today. It says I'll receive my prize in 8-10 weeks!

I just got my order info. Core 2 Duo! Too bad the graphics card is junk. I'll stick to the 9300 for gaming.

XPS M1210, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5600 (1.86GHz/667MHz/2MB)
12 inch Wide-screen WXGA Display with TrueLife for XPS M1210
1GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm for XPS M1210
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM, for Inspiron XPS M1210
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, for XPS M1210
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005,English for Inspiron XPS
Windows Media Player 10
Integrated 10/100 Network Cardand Modem, for Inspiron
Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, for Inspiron
24X Combo CD-RW/DVD, for XPS M1210
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) for XPS M1210
Trend Micro PC-cillin InternetSecurity, English, 15-Month Subscription
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for XPS M1210
Microsoft Works 8.5 Plus Office Trial, for Inspiron
1 Year Limited Warranty

RushFan said:
I just got my order info. Core 2 Duo! Too bad the graphics card is junk. I'll stick to the 9300 for gaming.

XPS M1210, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5600 (1.86GHz/667MHz/2MB)
12 inch Wide-screen WXGA Display with TrueLife for XPS M1210
1GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm for XPS M1210
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM, for Inspiron XPS M1210
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, for XPS M1210
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005,English for Inspiron XPS
Windows Media Player 10
Integrated 10/100 Network Cardand Modem, for Inspiron
Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, for Inspiron
24X Combo CD-RW/DVD, for XPS M1210
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) for XPS M1210
Trend Micro PC-cillin InternetSecurity, English, 15-Month Subscription
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for XPS M1210
Microsoft Works 8.5 Plus Office Trial, for Inspiron
1 Year Limited Warranty

What the duece?.....i thought it was coreduo's in these free ones, not core2duos

RushFan said:
I think I'm going to have a problem with them sending the XPS 1210 to me, though, because I'm in the military stationed overseas And most companies hate shipping ANYTHING to us. We'll see...

I was right, they wouldn't ship it directly to me. My new, FREE M1210 is now in my father's hands and he's putting in in the mail to me today!

Another 2 weeks and it'll be in MY hands. Won on 15 August, received Nov ?28?

Can't wait.

Back