Dell Back-to-school Notebook Giveaway

fusi0n said:
there were a ton coupons in this thread.. i think we should have a dell coupon sticky thread
Yeah but I think they all expire pretty soon...

Hi. I was just reading that some of you have gotten your approval, I still have not gotten mine. What email address did it come from? Was it from the [email protected] one? I am so afraid it is going to be mis-directed into my junk folder,and then I may overlook it.
Maybe I'll get it today (I hope). Has anyone else not gotten theirs? Just curious.
Have a great day everyone!

yes that is the address it came from. since they are only open on weekdays, you probably wont get it today, you could always call and leave a message though

Thank you for responding. I told my hubby that if I had not heard from them by noon tomorrow,I was going to email them again. lol
I have been in communication with them about a few things because I was afraid that they would try to say that I live at a PO Box address,which I do not.I have a Rural route mailing address and I always put RR+Box,and alot of times when I am filling out forms it will pop up a thing saying that they do not accept PO Boxes..grrrr...then I am sitting here grumbling at the computer saying,"I do not have a PO Box!" Anyhoo, when I wrote them about that, they told me that they had updated my address in their system. let's hope that they really did. Sorry for rambling.
Thanks again!

Damnit, I think all the coupons are expired. I tried about 75 of them and they all are a no-go...

Sucks, my b-day comes after the fucking coupons expire...

That blows, these things could have gotten me a free Dell :(

Even the ones issued on the last day of the contest are expired. I think they expired on the first. I'm going to call Dell up and ask them if they will honor it since it expired so quickly and I just got the cash.

I also heard if you sweet talk them and tell them that you are buying a high priced item next month and that you will ask for them when you do, they will often give you 10-20% off just so they can get the comission from the high priced item next time. So maybe I can do this to get them to honor a coupon code. :D

cheerful1 said:
Hi. I was just reading that some of you have gotten your approval, I still have not gotten mine. What email address did it come from? Was it from the [email protected] one? I am so afraid it is going to be mis-directed into my junk folder,and then I may overlook it.
Maybe I'll get it today (I hope). Has anyone else not gotten theirs? Just curious.
Have a great day everyone!

I never received the initial email from the Fulfillment folks, so I kept sending them an e-mail every 2-3 days asking them what I needed to do. After a MONTH they finally sent me the affidavit via email and it's on the way back to them as we speak.

I think I'm going to have a problem with them sending the XPS 1210 to me, though, because I'm in the military stationed overseas And most companies hate shipping ANYTHING to us. We'll see...

Well, I still have heard nothing back from them as of a few minutes ago,but I am trying to be patient...if you can call checking your email every 15 minutes patient! lol :)
They are slow responding back sometimes,I know that first hand. I can't believe it took them a month to write you back,though. Good luck,I hope you hear back from them soon and that they do not give you problems with you being stationed overseas. have a great day everyone!

I emailed my rep and see if i can pay for the upgrade to the x1400 or 7900gs, or even if it can upgrade from the integrated down the road..

Description: Inspiron E1705, Intel Core DuoProcessor T2250 (1.73GHz/533MHz FSB)
Order Information

Sales Rep: Online Order
Order Date: 9/19/2006
Order Group Quantity Item Description

1 1 222-3353 Inspiron E1705, Intel Core DuoProcessor T2250 (1.73GHz/533MHz FSB)
1 1 320-4558 17 inch Wide-screen WXGA+ Display for Inspiron 9400/E 1705
1 1 311-5634 1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 320-4560 Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM, for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 341-2943 80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 412-0689 Image Restore
1 1 420-5755 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English without Media, for Inspiron
1 1 412-0911 Dell Support
1 1 420-4928 Windows Media Player 10
1 1 463-2282 Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access
1 1 420-5460 Complimentary courses: Look for EU icon
1 1 420-5476 Dell Direct Download
1 1 420-5924 Icon Consolidation Application
1 1 420-5769 Internet Search and Portal
1 1 430-0493 Integrated 10/100 Network Cardand Modem, for Inspiron
1 1 412-0917 Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, for Inspiron
1 1 313-3865 24X Combo CD-RW/DVD, for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 420-5775 CyberLink PowerDVD v5.7 Decoding Sofware for DVD Drives
1 1 313-4217 Integrated High Definition Audio, Inspiron
1 1 430-1897 Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 412-0850 Network Associates McAfee 7.0,English,90-day Trial
1 1 312-0375 Primary Battery, for Inspiron 9400/E1705
1 1 412-0787 AOL for Broadband
1 1 420-3224 Broadband Icon for Inspiron
1 1 412-0687 NETZERO ISP
1 1 412-0915 Microsoft Works 8.5 Plus Office Trial, for Inspiron
1 1 950-3337 1 Year Limited Warranty
1 1 950-9057 No Warranty, Year 2 and 3
1 1 983-8349 Dell Hardware Warranty Plus Return To Depot, Initial Year
1 1 970-1870 Type 12- Mail-In Service, 24x7 Technical Support, Initial Year
1 1 960-2780 Warranty Support,Initial Year
1 1 310-8314 Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor
1 1 464-9630 Thank you for choosing Dell
1 1 412-0865 Basic digital Music,Photo and Game experience
1 1 310-8314 Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor

RushFan said:
I never received the initial email from the Fulfillment folks, so I kept sending them an e-mail every 2-3 days asking them what I needed to do. After a MONTH they finally sent me the affidavit via email and it's on the way back to them as we speak.

I think I'm going to have a problem with them sending the XPS 1210 to me, though, because I'm in the military stationed overseas And most companies hate shipping ANYTHING to us. We'll see...
oooooh oooooooooooooooohhhhhh send it to meeee! :D

The Other said:
I emailed my rep and see if i can pay for the upgrade to the x1400 or 7900gs, or even if it can upgrade from the integrated down the road..

Keep us posted. I want to see how long this is going to take so I'll have a clue.

The Other said:
Hey I just got my order number...

The Other,

Did they just send your order number to you via email? How long was it between your approval and receiving your order number? Also, do you have an estimated delivery timeframe?

Sorry for all the questions..... :)

nbknxf2 said:
The Other,

Did they just send your order number to you via email? How long was it between your approval and receiving your order number? Also, do you have an estimated delivery timeframe?

Sorry for all the questions..... :)

not a prob..

They emailed me order number. Well the actual approval date I don't know, but I won on the 8/1 and and started getting all my approval email responses back which was 5 of them cuz they never wrote back, so i got all my approvals on one day and the next I got approval and then I got one more approval letter after that so hopefully they will send me 6 laptops...

Well the shipping timeframe first said the 10/2 and now it says the 10/9..

Geez, I know what you mean about going nuts waiting. I wrote them the other day, so 'hopefully' I will hear from them today. Would be cool,if it just showed up here today! Not holding my breath on that one though! When I played and won, I got the congratulations email immediately - but any other emails from them have taken
f-o-r-e-v-e-r, still trying to be patient here but man, when you hear about other people getting their approvals, it is tough to be patient! lol :eek:
Congrats to everyone that has heard back from them! And rest assured for those who haven't,you are not the only one! I'll let you guys know if I hear anything today.
Have a great day!

The Other said:
I hate to rub it in but..

mine is gonna be delivered tomorrow... :D
Great news bro, since you won pretty early on, I'm hoping my email will come sometime soon seeing as how I won on the 19th. Were you able to upgrade the video in the laptop? If so, then I'll keep mine but if not I'd rather sell it along with my Q-Pack and get a laptop with a video card. Anyhow, LMK. BTW, anyone that used multiple emails get any shipping confirmation?

The Other said:
I hate to rub it in but..

mine is gonna be delivered tomorrow... :D

:)Wow! Congrats! I am jealous! Still have not heard anything from them since the last of August,when they did let me know that they had gotten my avidavit. I won on August 6th - and I sent them an email towards the end of last week asking about my status,but haven't heard back anything yet.

My prize should be here today!!!

I'm staying home just to wait for the delivery!

Congrats to the other winners!

nbknxf2 said:
My prize should be here today!!!

I'm staying home just to wait for the delivery!

Congrats to the other winners!

You should give it too me, :)

I played the fair way I think people using a bunch of e-mails should not get theirs :p

BobTheBuilderr0x said:
You should give it too me, :)

I played the fair way I think people using a bunch of e-mails should not get theirs :p

I never played multiple email addresses and I played fair.

BTW, my prize arrived today! :)

It is everything that was stated.

Dell E1505 (T2050 1.6ghz)
1GB ram
60 GB hard drive
Windows XP Media Center 2005
Intel Pro Wireless 3945
6 cell battery

A basic laptop that I really needed because my old one died.

nbknxf2 said:
I never played multiple email addresses and I played fair.

BTW, my prize arrived today! :)

It is everything that was stated.

Dell E1505 (T2050 1.6ghz)
1GB ram
60 GB hard drive
Windows XP Media Center 2005
Intel Pro Wireless 3945
6 cell battery

A basic laptop that I really needed because my old one died.
Sweet deal man. I'm happy for ya!

same here... i got mine it is pretty sweet...

i wish i came with the vid card but eh...

i thought they might have disqualified me because i was playing for my gf and her mother while she was in the hospital...

but only one email addy from me...

i did get dq'ed today, turns out my wife used a couple of my e-mail addresses to play because she knew i needed it. tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears

Glad to hear that some have gotten theirs. Deeply sorry for those disqualified.I still have not heard a word, positive or non positive.
I am supposed to be getting a Dell notebook powered by Intel Centrino Duo: Dell XPS
1210. Did anyone else win this one,too?
Quick question for those who got yours already. Was it delievered via fedX or was it someone else? Just curious.
Also, when you emailed them did you use the fulfillment@eprize email address or another one?
Have a great day everyone.

black_bishop said:
i did get dq'ed today, turns out my wife used a couple of my e-mail addresses to play because she knew i needed it. tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears

I thought you were already approved. Sorry to hear that...

nbknxf2 said:
Same here

Thanks for responding. I was hoping it would be UPS,because they deliver here all the time. :)
I just am being paranoid,I guess. I did not do anything that should have disqualified me...I just can't figure out why I have not heard a word yet. I guess I am just anxious after reading all of the posts. ;)

I'm still waiting for my approval, too. They've only had the affidavit for a week now. I'll give them a little more time.

yeah, i was approved, i dont know what happened. think i may call and see if there is anyone i can talk to about the situation. i think it is pretty messed up

black_bishop said:
yeah, i was approved, i dont know what happened. think i may call and see if there is anyone i can talk to about the situation. i think it is pretty messed up

You were already told you were approved and then they disqualified you? :confused: That doesn't seem right at all.You should try and talk to someone about it.
I still have heard nothing at all from them. I won on the 6th of August,mailed my affidavit the next day. Emailed them as to whether they had gotten it,they wrote back and said they had and that I would be hearing back from them in 'approximately' two weeks,which would have been around the middle of this month...Waited until around the 21st and wrote them again,and have not gotten a reponse back yet.
What phone number are you talking about? Maybe I should call them? Or should I just hang in there? What'e everyone's opinion on it?
Hope everyone has a great day!

Back