Dell Alienware AW568 RGB Gaming Keyboard w/ Kailh Brown Switches for $23.99 + Free Shipping

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by DTN107, Mar 23, 2019.

1. DTN107

DTN107 [H]ardness Supreme

Too poor to afford MX cherry? Got kids that likes to liquid damage your stuff? Perhaps you haven't been enlighten yet with mechanical switches?

Well here is a cheapo mechanical keyboard for those who fit in these categories.

Sold by Adorama via eBay

2. SunnyD

SunnyD 2[H]4U

Not an "RGB keyboard". The keys themselves have NO backlighting at all, let alone RGB backlighting.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

OOS but yeah I'd say that calling it an RGB board is a stretch...still probably worth trying at this price, though. Would make a good inexpensive spare or office keyboard for those who already have a nice mechanical at home. You can get $30 mech boards on Amazon, but most of them are no-name Chinese brands and many membrane keyboards cost more than this. Heck, the fact that they can fit shipping into the $24 price is impressive.

4. DTN107

My b on the "RGB" part. That was copypasta from SD.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

Explains why they're OOS, lol.

6. SamirD

SamirD [H]ard|Gawd

If you've had a chance to try Cherry vs the other switches out there you might find yourself liking the other brands better in certain setups. Even if you don't, this is a killer price for just a regular mech to put on a server or take to work. If my hands liked browns I'd be all over this.

Lateralus likes this.
  7. elite.mafia

elite.mafia Broke Back [H]

I have one of these. The lighting is kind of a joke, it's on the bottom of the keyboard and is really not noticeable. That said, typing on it is pretty nice, they keys all have nice tactile feel. Great price for a mechanical keyboard, though it kind of sucks the keys aren't backlit but how often do you even really look at your keyboard anyways?

8. MixManSC

MixManSC ║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█ Staff Member

I've got one. The thing that bothers me the most is the extra row of keys on the left is too close to the main keyboard. When placing my hands and typing by feel as I usually do I was constantly hitting that extra row of keys which was highly annoying. The solution turned out to be quite simple. :D

That was a killer price. Sold out though.... For what it is, overall a very good keyboard. Somewhat noisy but that is to be expected to an extent with a mechanical and yeah, calling it RGB is a stretch. As mentioned, the light is just a thin line under the front edges.

IMG_2885.jpg

9. DTN107

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds a column of macro keys on the left side annoying. I find myself hitting them whenever I'm trying to hit ctrl, shift, or such.

MixManSC likes this.
  10. MixManSC

MixManSC ║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█ Staff Member

The caps pop off easily. Does not look very nice that way but I'm no longer hitting them with my left pinky when tabbing and whatnot like you said.

11. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

$35 Amazon Prime,

12. SamirD

SamirD [H]ard|Gawd

Not as good a value at that price. You can pick up a nice lightly used board for that much if not less.

13. ssnyder28

ssnyder28 2[H]4U

I've had a few keyboards with knockoff switches and the difference between those and cherry is negligible.

14. YeuEmMaiMai

YeuEmMaiMai Death Incarnate

I have 2 of those cheap amazon tekkery keboards and those things are awesome. each key is individually back lit. much nicer than these zone lit keyboards

15. lightsout

lightsout Gawd

A lightly used what and where?

Jim Kim likes this.
  16. SamirD

SamirD [H]ard|Gawd

mech keyboard with browns--you just have to look for it.

And I'm referring to the $35 shipped Amazon one posted above, not the OP. The OP is a solid deal, especially with shipping included--it's almost like getting a mechanical keyboard for the price of a rubber dome. (y)