Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34″ QD-OLED 175Hz (3440 x 1440)

1648006391072.png

Did anyone else manage to buy and order AW3423DW through the Dell site, even though its sold out, like me? 😁

There is a dude on Reddit from Canada that ordered on March 3rd and his delivery date is June 4th just like mine. Dell hates Canadians.

TFTcentral may have got theirs today I think, a bunch of UK folks got theirs.

There is a dude on Reddit from Canada that ordered on March 3rd and his delivery date is June 4th just like mine. Dell hates Canadians.

TFTcentral may have got theirs today I think, a bunch of UK folks got theirs.
Trudeau hates canadians....Dell hates everybody else!

There is a dude on Reddit from Canada that ordered on March 3rd and his delivery date is June 4th just like mine. Dell hates Canadians

when i looked, just after i posted on the last page, it was june 20 to my area of alberta...
now dell business on the other hand, they get shit done faaaast.

Is it actually 10 bit color or are you just tricking Windows into thinking it's 10 bit color off what you set? There would still be hardware / port limitations with the lack of DSC and you would not actually be hitting a real 10 bit color with out some loss correct?

Sorry probably a stupid question just generally curious.

You are just pushing more data through, Ie "overclocking" the DP signal. The "Regular" 175 Hz shows 8-bit plus dithering in Win 11. So not sure why Win 11 would not accurately show its stated 10-bit color.

You are just pushing more data through, Ie "overclocking" the DP signal. The "Regular" 175 Hz shows 8-bit plus dithering in Win 11. So not sure why Win 11 would not accurately show its stated 10-bit color.
I wonder if/how that actually works though. It is my understanding that DisplayPort has a few fixed data rates it can choose from, it isn't a setup where it just clocks at arbitrary rates. In that case, I don't see how you'd get more data down the pipe. I wonder if in reality it is just truncating the 2LSB and not sending them.

Alright, think I figured it out. Haven't messed with custom resolution in a while but for some reason "Total Pixels Vertical" will add more to the value. So if you place 1566 you get no signal and when you edit it shows 1578 or something along those lines.

Try value "1552", which worked for me and when looking at edit shows "1566"

Some interesting things. Nvidia Control Panel only shows 8 Bit, no option to change and monitor menu still shows 175hz max refresh.

1648064561224.png

Man Halo MCC is epic on this display.
Solid 175fps and great HDR.

Currently my go to zerG shooter as all battlefields have been uninstalled from my pc.

Modern warfare 2019 is also fantasticulous.

What a disgusting world we live in where a cod is on my machine but no BF lol...I think bf2042 was the last straw

Man Halo MCC is epic on this display.
Solid 175fps and great HDR.

Currently my go to zerG shooter as all battlefields have been uninstalled from my pc.

Modern warfare 2019 is also fantasticulous.

What a disgusting world we live in where a cod is on my machine but no BF lol...I think bf2042 was the last straw
I feel your pain, I was a life long Battlefield player until Warzone ate my life. I have a 4.5 KD this season in Warzone (Mouse and Key), I want this monitor so bad! Delivery better be before June, the wait is killing me. Halo is a controller game... I can't stand it.

I feel your pain, I was a life long Battlefield player until Warzone ate my life. I have a 4.5 KD this season in Warzone (Mouse and Key), I want this monitor so bad! Delivery better be before June, the wait is killing me. Halo is a controller game... I can't stand it.

Why controller for Halo? I think it works better with a mouse and keyboard, and I played the shit out of them on console with controllers. They actually put a lot of effort into PC input customization and did it better than a lot of PC only games.

Why controller for Halo? I think it works better with a mouse and keyboard, and I played the shit out of them on console with controllers. They actually put a lot of effort into PC input customization and did it better than a lot of PC only games.
Literally the strongest aim assist in any FPS ever.

13eaic63g5281.png

Last edited:
MW 19 Really looks delicious with HDR. If anyone wants to try out my settings have them below, let me know how you like them.

AW settings:
  1. HDR On/Creator Mode(Was set while in SDR Gamma 2.4) Unsure if it really does anything while HDR is on since it can't be selected otherwise
  2. 100 Brightness & 100 Contrast
  3. Optional Dark Stabilizer 3
MW 19 Settings:
  1. HDR Brightness 1.0000
  2. Black Point Settings .05 (To increase visibility in shadows lol)
  3. White Point Settings .79

Any idea how to get this monitor to accept 1920x1440 input resolution?

MW 19 Really looks delicious with HDR. If anyone wants to try out my settings have them below, let me know how you like them.

AW settings:
  1. HDR On/Creator Mode(Was set while in SDR Gamma 2.4) Unsure if it really does anything while HDR is on since it can't be selected otherwise
  2. 100 Brightness & 100 Contrast
  3. Optional Dark Stabilizer 3
MW 19 Settings:
  1. HDR Brightness 1.0000
  2. Black Point Settings .05 (To increase visibility in shadows lol)
  3. White Point Settings .79
I don't know how you guys use 100 contrast. It's way too much.

I get discounts through Dell membership since my company buys from them. I noticed that this monitor is not on their discount list, is this because it is not in stock?

I don't know how you guys use 100 contrast. It's way too much.
Basically hit the toggle at the bottom and peg it all the way up!

Lmao, my last and still current OLED the C6 required contrast to be at 100 for HDR content. Sure this is a Samsung panel and the C6 is 7-8 years old now but it feels right even with this QD Panel. For Windows I have the SDR slider only at 10. For HDR games, I manually tune it for those that have in game HDR settings.

Any idea how to get this monitor to accept 1920x1440 input resolution?
I have not figured out how do display a "Native resolution" at all. If anyone knows how, please share. Active Signal Resolution still shows 3440x1440 even when I try 2560x1440 in Windows and in the monitor menu.

Ordered a day ago, a day later. UK of course. £747 after discounts/cashbacks applied. Selling old monitor now for £250 as well. I'm impressed with it. Few annoyances like the lighting settings not remembering when you power off the monitor and the lights just all turn back on when powered back on again. Maybe the Alienware software is needed to save a preset for the lights or something.

Anyway....

front-angle-1.jpg

front-USB.jpg

LG-demo-youtube.jpg

Lastly, calibration result:

Ordered a day ago, a day later. UK of course. £747 after discounts/cashbacks applied. Selling old monitor now for £250 as well. I'm impressed with it. Few annoyances like the lighting settings not remembering when you power off the monitor and the lights just all turn back on when powered back on again. Maybe the Alienware software is needed to save a preset for the lights or something.

Anyway....

View attachment 456800

View attachment 456801

View attachment 456802

Lastly, calibration result:

your images looks kinda washed out. Is that how you intended them to look or is that just your color profile for your setup and they look fine and contrasty on your setup?
624685_front-angle-1-adjusted.jpg

Last edited:
Back