Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34″ QD-OLED 175Hz (3440 x 1440)

The discounted price above isn't showing for me. Still $1300 when I add to cart.

Tons of websites now linking the Dell premier link to this monitor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's shutdown soon. This is what happens when fukers try and scalp 10 of them on Ebay.

Anyone know what their return policy is like? If the text bothers me or fan is too loud will they take a return with paid shipping and no restocking fee?

And then you have shit websites like this posting "reviews":

https://www.displayninja.com/dell-alienware-aw3423dw-review/

They just take the spec sheet and some generic display knowledge and spew it as a "Review" and do a product purchase link for benefits. So many of these shit scavenger websites out there now. Anyone know what these sites are called that just take public information about a product, call it a review or "recommended/best products" and then include links to purchase the item(s) with a referral credit? They are everywhere now it's so annoying.

Got a pending charge on my card today, has not shipped yet though. That $980 listing is getting a lot of attention, I hope they don't cancel all of them now. I ordered at full price though.

Anyone know what their return policy is like? If the text bothers me or fan is too loud will they take a return with paid shipping and no restocking fee?
Their site says that they may charge a 15% restocking fee assuming the item isn't defective. This is what worries me about ordering from Dell. If I get one with bad screen uniformity then I'm out of luck. I'd much rather order from Amazon for that reason.

i haven’t seen any reports or mention in the manual but can we turn the power LED off like on the ultrasharps?

Got the discounted rate to show up on phone now and ordered. It made me select something about a school and just selected "2". Whatever that meant. Should be here Wednesday if it goes through and will have review and calibration videos on it.

Their site says that they may charge a 15% restocking fee assuming the item isn't defective. This is what worries me about ordering from Dell. If I get one with bad screen uniformity then I'm out of luck. I'd much rather order from Amazon for that reason.
Screen uniformity has been exceptional on every OLED review I've ever looked at, including the Chinese one for this monitor from a couple days ago. I don't think you need to worry about that.

Screen uniformity has been exceptional on every OLED review I've ever looked at, including the Chinese one for this monitor from a couple days ago. I don't think you need to worry about that.
It's likely not going to be a big issue but OLEDs (at least the LG OLEDs) have their own lottery in terms of vertical banding and near-black uniformity. Not sure if those issues will carry over into these displays, but I'd rather have the peace of mind of free returns just in case.

i haven’t seen any reports or mention in the manual but can we turn the power LED off like on the ultrasharps?
Like with all the other Alienware monitors, you can turn off all lighting or adjust it to whatever color you like, its in the settings of the monitor or the Alienware control center software.

It's likely not going to be a big issue but OLEDs (at least the LG OLEDs) have their own lottery in terms of vertical banding and near-black uniformity. Not sure if those issues will carry over into these displays, but I'd rather have the peace of mind of free returns just in case.
But this is QD-OLED, a different technology to normal OLED and by the nature of what it is, has much more stable pixels hence why they can offer 3 yr warranty which includes burn in etc.

Like with all the other Alienware monitors, you can turn off all lighting or adjust it to whatever color you like, its in the settings of the monitor or the Alienware control center software.
Awesome. I’d hate to slap black tape over it. ;)

Now if they’d just make it available in Canada…

I’d be shocked if you can find a evo panel without colour temperature uniformity being off. I went through several before giving up and settling with it and they were all warmer on one side and colder on the other. I think everyone online refers to it as pink tinting but in my tests it just looked like the colour temperature was uneven side to to side with one side being more red and the other more blue. It’s really only noticeable on a full white screen though.

Hopefully with the all blue emission layer more consistent panels are easier to manufacturer.

Just a heads up I would be cautious with using random Premier links like the discount one on reddit. If you have appropriate permissions for that business you can see full order details placed through your page including CC info, ship addresses etc.

The original one linked in this thread should be relatively safe since it's a guest account through capital one for a business case like this but some of these random ones popping up is risky biz.

Now if they’d just make it available in Canada…
Seriously, it's pretty frustrating especially now that it's obvious shitters are buying up stock for reselling.

I've callled Dell Canada twice and at first they said it is available to order but only for businesses, and then business sales told me it's not available yet and they don't have a release date either.

What a shit show.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a heads up I would be cautious with using random Premier links like the discount one on reddit. If you have appropriate permissions for that business you can see full order details placed through your page including CC info, ship addresses etc.

The original one linked in this thread should be relatively safe since it's a guest account through capital one for a business case like this but some of these random ones popping up is risky biz.
Thanks for the heads up. I had cancelled my order through the guest page in favor of the discount ones being posted for certain businesses, but bailed out. Some of these are probably honeypots to steal CC info.

Ugghhh whats the chances of this being Faud....my dumbass ordered one thru this link....i got order received email...but no confirmation email yet. Took 20 minutes to receive confirmation email on my other order a few days ago.

Why do i get the feeling im gonna have to change my CC # and cancel a bunch of fraudulent dick pill orders soon :-(

Seriously, it's pretty frustrating especially now that it's obvious shitters are buying up stock for reselling.

I've callled Dell Canada twice and at first they said it is available to order but only for businesses, and then business sales told me it's not available yet and they don't have a release date either.

What a shit show.
and this guy has only 1 feedback rating? really shady.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I’d be shocked if you can find a evo panel without colour temperature uniformity being off. I went through several before giving up and settling with it and they were all warmer on one side and colder on the other. I think everyone online refers to it as pink tinting but in my tests it just looked like the colour temperature was uneven side to to side with one side being more red and the other more blue. It’s really only noticeable on a full white screen though.

Hopefully with the all blue emission layer more consistent panels are easier to manufacturer.
The LG display factory in GZ China is currently the only one producing WBE "Evo" panels. The older WBC panels they produce also exhibit pink tinting. It's an issue with all of the panels coming from that plant.

That said, the 77" and larger ones have it to a lesser degree. Also, when Sony gets them from LG display, the 77" A80J and all three sizes of A90J have a filter applied to the panel to offset it. However that filter does cause it to have more cyan tinting.

The pink or magenta tint is caused by the change in voltage to the red sub pixel.
Now the really bad ones will have the left quarter to third of the screen be tinted even when viewing straight on. Those ones I would consider defective. With normal ones, the pink tint is like a fisheye effect around the screen that moves as your angle changes.

Ugghhh whats the chances of this being Faud....my dumbass ordered one thru this link....i got order received email...but no confirmation email yet. Took 20 minutes to receive confirmation email on my other order a few days ago.

Why do i get the feeling im gonna have to change my CC # and cancel a bunch of fraudulent dick pill orders soon :-(
Made an account here just to hopefully assuage your fears a bit on this. I got my hands on a link a few days before any public ones dropped (did have to pay for it sadly, but it is what it is, 2020's and all). Ordered the monitor with that link on the 5th, using the same email during checkout as my normal Dell account. Order went through and popped up in my order history when I signed back into my normal Dell account. Shipped out on the night of the 6th. Got a UPS tracking number with the correct weight, coming from a Dell fulfillment center in TN.

Of course, I am personally going to keep an eye on my credit card for a while, just in case, but I'm not terribly worried personally. I am however a bit miffed that the monitor has yet to move, despite me shelling out for next day air shipping. Will probably have a chat with Dell about a partial refund on that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, that's an entirely different story though lol.

Just got confirmation that my order shipped via FedEx, Dell chat was unable to do anything about price matching the monitor. I guess for once being early wasn't such a good thing lol. Still grateful mine has shipped.

I got confirmation email within 5 mins like 7 hours ago. Usually after business hours it takes much longer for whatever reason.

Mine just shipped. Scheduled to be here by tomorrow by end of day but I have my doubts it'll get here that quick. We'll see!

When did you guys order? I ordered early early Sunday morning and mine says March 8th shipping now wtf. I always get screwed.

When did you guys order? I ordered early early Sunday morning and mine says March 8th shipping now wtf. I always get screwed.
I ordered Sunday at around 1 AM. I got the shipping notification via text message from FedEx. It hasn't showed that it shipped on the Dell order status page.

Ordered Sunday morning too, same as GameLifter I got the text notification from FedEx that they have the package. Website still says it hasn't shipped yet so there is a delay

Ah 1 AM you must have been among the first. Mine was around 7AM.
Yeah I ordered an hour after you, hasn’t shipped yet according to Dell site but status page still says ship date March 7. I did notice I can’t cancel the order anymore so hopefully that means I’m good.

Yeah I ordered an hour after you, hasn’t shipped yet according to Dell site but status page still says ship date March 7. I did notice I can’t cancel the order anymore so hopefully that means I’m good.
The order status page for me still shows that it hasn't shipped but I got a text from FedEx saying it shipped. It's also showing up in the FedEx app. Wouldn't be surprised if many have shipped already and the Dell site just hasn't updated yet.

With UPS now, could my decades long quest be over? Not holding my breath but still very excited..

I got confirmation email within 5 mins like 7 hours ago. Usually after business hours it takes much longer for whatever reason.

Yea...it shows in production now... what a shit show of a launch lol.....I don't even like 1440pee and I got two of these ordered lol

Ah 1 AM you must have been among the first. Mine was around 7AM.
Got mine in on Saturday at ~2:30PM. 'Shipped' on the 6th, but sadly has been stuck on 'in transit to carrier' since, despite me paying for next day delivery and the fulfillment location this is allegedly coming from being like one state away. Slightly annoyed about paying $75 in shipping for this at the moment.

My tracking information is still on label created with an expected delivery date of tomorrow. I hope it actually comes tomorrow, but not looking good. 😔

Hey, Odellus, is yours being delivered through UPS? If so, if you sign into UPS My Choice, does it say something along the lines of 'DELL CEVA FG3 GRD' for the sender? I've heard this CEVA fulfillment shit can be pretty slow, so that might be what is holding us up.

Hey, Odellus, is yours being delivered through UPS? If so, if you sign into UPS My Choice, does it say something along the lines of 'DELL CEVA FG3 GRD' for the sender? I've heard this CEVA fulfillment shit can be pretty slow, so that might be what is holding us up.
Yes and yes. Ugh, great.

Well shit. If mine doesn't show up tomorrow I'll be contacting Dell support to at least get that $75 shipping refunded lol. That'll have been over 2 business days and over 3 days overall, certainly not the '0-1 day shipping' I paid for lol.

Edit: SPEAK OF THE DEVIL. Literally sent this, refreshed the tracking and it's already halfway here, due to be delivered around noon. I hope yours moves soon too Odellus.

Back