Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34″ QD-OLED 175Hz (3440 x 1440)

I'm downgrading from 240. Sucks for older games, but yeah newer ones you're not really hitting that high anyway so not a big deal.

I wonder how big the difference is actually going to look considering my current monitor (G7) drops frames.

Cautiously unoptomistic, otherwise there is the 4k240hz samsung coming out soonish,, My Asus Peegeez 32with unlimited bloom on always a good ba backfall.

Interesting, good points. I agree 240hz+ would have been really nice. I'm downgrading from 280hz to 175 but given it's almost impossible to run 3440x1440 at 175+ fps consistent I'll live with it.

Ya I'm coming from 4K/144 FPS so 3440x1440 at 175 Hz should actually give me a decent performance boost of about 38%.

If anyone wants a legit way to place an order for one of these, Capital One will link you directly to a Dell Premier guest account for one of their deals for Dell laptops, and you can navigate to the page for this monitor there and place an order.

Link here: https://spring.capitalone.com/

My card has already been charged despite the site saying you get charged when the order ships. Estimated delivery is Tuesday. We'll see what happens.
Thanks for the heads up, does anyone know how an RMA or warranty claim would play out buying it in this scenario? I assume it would be pretty straight forward but this is sort of a round about way of acquiring this.

Cautiously unoptomistic, otherwise there is the 4k240hz samsung coming out soonish,, My Asus Peegeez 32with unlimited bloom on always a good ba backfall.
The new G8 seems incredible on paper but Samsung has a really bad track record as far as QC and weird issues go.

Hopefully they can fix the problems their current models have, but I'm not holding my breath, especially since they're pushing boundaries hard with refresh rate and resolution again.

Thanks for the heads up, does anyone know how an RMA or warranty claim would play out buying it in this scenario? I assume it would be pretty straight forward but this is sort of a round about way of acquiring this.
In my order confirmation email it gave me a number for a sales representative. Either we'll have to call that number or maybe going through the regular Dell line would work.

This displays looks too good spec-wise... Does anyone actually have it?

Has anyone tried calibrating it for SDR? Is i1Pro2 spectrophotometer good enough to accurately measure light spectrum of QD-OLED? I no longer have access to Klein K-10. All I have is i1Pro 2 + i1Display Pro.

This displays looks too good spec-wise... Does anyone actually have it?

Has anyone tried calibrating it for SDR? Is i1Pro2 spectrophotometer good enough to accurately measure light spectrum of QD-OLED? I no longer have access to Klein K-10. All I have is i1Pro 2 + i1Display Pro.
There are a couple Reddit threads where people have received it so far. Sub pixel layout might be a deal breaker for those wanting to do more than gaming on it with sharpness / legibility suffering and some green fringing on the bottom of text. It also apparently has a fan for cooling which is disappointing.

Edit: apparently it’s lacking any options for colour temperature in the OSD as well. That would likely be a deal breaker for me probably. :(

Oh noooo I just read on a reddit post that it has a fan. I tried 2 LG 27" 4K displays with fans and could hear both of them even though everyone said theirs was inaudible. My office is so quiet at night I can hear a pin drop so hoping this thing isn't super annoying.

QD OLED - will it use PWM?

I can't use a PWM monitor due to eye fatigue.

The new G8 seems incredible on paper but Samsung has a really bad track record as far as QC and weird issues go.

Hopefully they can fix the problems their current models have, but I'm not holding my breath, especially since they're pushing boundaries hard with refresh rate and resolution again.

Also, the price point on that seems to be low considering its specs...hopefully they did not cut corners with shitty VA panel from hell again like they did with NEO and all its cloudy flaws.

Oh noooo I just read on a reddit post that it has a fan. I tried 2 LG 27" 4K displays with fans and could hear both of them even though everyone said theirs was inaudible. My office is so quiet at night I can hear a pin drop so hoping this thing isn't super annoying.
This has me concerned as well. I have an Acer Predator X27 that has a fan and the original fan was quiet but it broke after a while. The fan they replaced it with still works but it's much louder when it spins up which happens during gaming and sometimes happens during normal use. Hopefully the fan on the Alienware QD-OLED is not only quiet but won't break after less than two years.

This has me concerned as well. I have an Acer Predator X27 that has a fan and the original fan was quiet but it broke after a while. The fan they replaced it with still works but it's much louder when it spins up which happens during gaming and sometimes happens during normal use. Hopefully the fan on the Alienware QD-OLED is not only quiet but won't break after less than two years.
Well, there's a 3 year warranty so I hope they put some effort into it.

There are a couple Reddit threads where people have received it so far. Sub pixel layout might be a deal breaker for those wanting to do more than gaming on it with sharpness / legibility suffering and some green fringing on the bottom of text. It also apparently has a fan for cooling which is disappointing.

Edit: apparently it’s lacking any options for colour temperature in the OSD as well. That would likely be a deal breaker for me probably. :(
Should be under Game -> Preset Modes, use Custom Color and adjust manually to your liking.

Ordered. Lets hope the marvel of it being OLED compensates for the resolution.

Imagine thinking OLED has a fan.....

It does have a fan but it's so quiet you cannot hear it going by posts on reddit where people already have it. You can only feel the exhaust putting your hand to the vents.

I'm in the UK so the order page isn't live yet. For UK buyers, we have 6.5% Quidco cashback, £100 cashback buying with Amex (enable the offer in the app) and then if you have work retail benefits, you may find Dell listed. For me I get 20% discount code for Alienware monitors. Needless to say, the total price for me should be under £800 - Absolute bargain.

It's Monday, hopefully, we should start seeing shipping confirmations for the wave of orders over the weekend. I'll update if I get mine.

It's Monday, hopefully, we should start seeing shipping confirmations for the wave of orders over the weekend. I'll update if I get mine.
I can only imagine the look on the faces of shipping team today of the influx of orders for the monitor. Especially looking at all the "business" names shipping to such Ball Sackz inc, Fomo Inc, Mom's Basement LLC :LOL:

It might get worse, the US site now has a discount for $980.62.
1646675327543.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...23dw_dell_premier_order_links_worldwide_with/

Wish they had a 38” UW version like my current Alienware. The screen real estate is too hard to give up. Hopefully the 38” is in the works.

Yeah just reordered to save almost $350. Got "In production" with an ETA to ship tomorrow within 5 minutes.

Not sure if this will get cancelled though since it's a private corporate only link.

Who would have thought that last year the best 34/35" 1440p UW was a almost 4 year old PG35VQ that was still $1500+ and now you can get an OLED for under $1000.

Anyone that order over the weekend have theirs shipped yet? It's almost 2pm and still on production.

Damn, 'cancel order' is greyed out for me saying that I'm too far into the order process ☹️. Mine hasn't shipped yet though and I ordered Sunday morning for anyone wondering.

IN FOR A CANCELLATION!

I ordered the 1 day shipping for $75 extra in case that happens to help let it got through.
You likely won't see this <$1K price till BF, if even then.
Alienware did pretty much the same thing with the AW3821DW. ‘Released’ for $1500+, but you could get it for $1200 since it immediately went on sale the same week. Stayed the same price all the way through BF and then just pretty much became the new normal price.

Could be a marketing strategy to release the monitors for a higher MSRP then almost immediately add a discount to make people want to jump on it early. But the price ends up being the normal price anyway.

IN FOR A CANCELLATION!

I ordered the 1 day shipping for $75 extra in case that happens to help let it got through.
You likely won't see this <$1K price till BF, if even then.
You’re in for a surprise, you must be new to this.

Dell called me twice giving me the third degree about what my business is, business phone number etc. She sounded very suspicious. Not sure mine will ship.

Dell called me twice giving me the third degree about what my business is, business phone number etc. She sounded very suspicious. Not sure mine will ship.
Uh-oh, mine hasn't shipped yet either. It's showing a message under the status bar that says "We are working on your order and it is still on track to meet the communicated delivery date". We'll see if I get a call, too.

You might be the first instance I've read of anyone getting contacted. What did you name your "business"?

Can't you just say you're a graphic designer, or that you own your own business?
I'm just not sure what the parameters are Dell is looking for.
Like "sorry, [H] forum shit poster is not businessy enough for us."

I have one of those now (AW3418DW) and it's been perfect for me in overclocked 120hz mode all it's life of three years. My only complaint is screen real estate really for windows productivity.. so I agree if I were to jump to something else it would have to be 38 ~ 42" ...
Try the 38 inch version that I am runing, with a 1600 vertical, it makes all of the difference in the world.

You might be the first instance I've read of anyone getting contacted. What did you name your "business"?

Funny part is I actually have a legit lodging business on the side that I used.

I think it may have something to do with these flooding Ebay already from scalpers. One guy has 10 up.

I think it may have something to do with these flooding Ebay already from scalpers. One guy has 10 up.
OMG, there it is Jesus. That could definitely do it but if you only had 1 order that seems like a weird flag. I wonder if they looked at when an "influx" of orders came in from the links

Damn, 'cancel order' is greyed out for me saying that I'm too far into the order process ☹️. Mine hasn't shipped yet though and I ordered Sunday morning for anyone wondering.
Credit card price adjustment? If not you can contact Dell and see if they can work with you.
Oh that's easy. You offer IT services for small businesses; network setup, maintenance/repair, system configuration, etc.

Front page on slick deals, anytime that happens I'm sure a company starts to pay attention to purchasing behaviors.

Last edited:
Back