Dell Alienware 34" 120hz 21:9 G-Sync monitor $719.99

Sounds suspicious,
Did everything seem sealed inside?

Log onto Dell's site and register it via the serial number on the monitor. You should get three years. If not, then something's not right. If it was sealed, and nothing's wrong with it, I probably wouldn't waste my time returning it. But you have the right, to return it - if you are unhappy.

I registered the monitor on their website and they said wait 7-10 business. In my account under "My Products and Services" > Warranty Status > Products with warranties expiring after 90 days (1) > View all Products with warranties expiring after 90 days (1) > Monitor (1) :eek: > Alienware 34 Monitor AW3418DW (1) > Same Service code as mine :( . Although when I look at the detail for the service tag details it says warranty until 12/28/2021

I have initiated a chat with Dell service agent to get to the bottom of this.

I hate when the delivery company dicks around like that. I have the important packages (like my 3418dw) sent to my office, because I know the Fedex guy that does the delivery knows it's a business / corporate account and so doesn't flake as much on showing / not showing or playing 'attempted delivery' sticker tag.

I ran one of the YouTube video "Ultrawide monitor dead pixel test" and saw something weird on the top left portion of the screen. Should I send it back to eBay/Newegg or should I go through Dell? Using the onboard graphics on my Asus Maximus Hero VIII but plan to get 10 series card next.

20181128_225304.jpg

I ran one of the YouTube video "Ultrawide monitor dead pixel test" and saw something weird on the top left portion of the screen. Should I send it back to eBay/Newegg or should I go through Dell? Using the onboard graphics on my Asus Maximus Hero VIII but plan to get 10 series card next.

View attachment 123696
Those kind of bright/off pixels? Let it fully warm up to ambient and run one of those fast pixel changing sites and then see if they are still there. Sometimes the subpixels need to get warmed up/activated.

Never seen anything like it. Never exchanged anything threw newegg in the past.. but guessing dell would be king if needed.

Last edited:
So for those of you who got this what do you think of it?

It's back on sale and I am highly considering picking one up for 'work'.

ImYhLCl.gif

So for those of you who got this what do you think of it?

It's back on sale and I am highly considering picking one up for 'work'.

View attachment 126121

I'm loving it so far. I picked up a Amazon Basics arm on cyber monday as well and the combo has worked a treat. Coming from an older LG ultrawide is night and day. It just feels likea better designed product. The button locations and menu make more sense. It seems to skew more yellow/green than the LG, but that's probably more my old monitor being hella blue.

Quality wise, I think I got a fantastic panel. Theres a smidge of blb on the bottom left corner, but no bad pixels. If you can find in anywhere under 800, I think it's a great deal. The box is gigantic though. I'm going to try and carve out some of the foam and see if I can fit both of my ultrawides in there. I literally think it will work for that.

I've had mine set up for a few days now. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Forza 7 on a widescreen is so much better (wider FOV helps a ton with cockpit view). I'm also picking up a lot of productivity with side-by-side windows. I calibrated using TFTCentral recommendations and am happy with the picture quality. I paid $705 and couldn't be happier.

BHj3QVHweXTM2kA2pAeNMStsNUaGzY3vEQ0dFl1E2QxHCMtpk-iB7eWE0Bn8Hftp3zuDUmYb7ucdWEBHQ=w1718-h1288-no.jpg

I have had mine for a few weeks now and think it is the best monitor I have ever had. I do have some small bleeds at both bottom left and right side when going into sleep mode. I do not see that effect when browsing or playing a game. The color is even across the monitor and no dead pixels. I am very happy with mine.

I picked one up yesterday with the EBay 10% code from the BestBuy store for $720+tax. It should be here next week, I’ve heard nothing but good things about this panel.

I have to agree. This is the best monitor I have ever owned. Small BLB in bottom left corner but no dead pixels and the color for me was great out of the box. I got mine for $899 with a $75 gift card straight from Dell. Even though I paid a little more I am still very happy.

Yup, I'm really enjoying this monitor. I got it through the Newegg deal, and I just checked my box, it says mine is an A04 revision that was manufactured August 2018 so it's pretty much brand spanking new!

Yes I definitely downloaded the ICC profile from TFT central and used that. It makes the colors feel more accurate and they give step by step directions how to install it.

Comparing the colors from an IPS 34" to a VA 32" panel, it just feels a bit more vibrant and crisp. I'm not sure if it's just placebo effect but they both look great.

Question for folks with this monitor:

Do you all have any issues with this monitor waking up from sleep even after disabling the Power Saving feature?

Also, is there a plastic film on the panel that needs to be removed? Not talking about the obvious foam/protective cover with the reinforced tape when it ships.

Do you all have any issues with this monitor waking up from sleep even after disabling the Power Saving feature?

Also, is there a plastic film on the panel that needs to be removed? Not talking about the obvious foam/protective cover with the reinforced tape when it ships.

No film on mine. And its been quite responsive to commands and sleep mode and whatnot.

I've had mine set up for a few days now. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Forza 7 on a widescreen is so much better (wider FOV helps a ton with cockpit view). I'm also picking up a lot of productivity with side-by-side windows. I calibrated using TFTCentral recommendations and am happy with the picture quality. I paid $705 and couldn't be happier.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but what monitor mount is that? I feel that the Alienware stand is just massive and bulky...

No problems with waking up from sleep ever.

No film on mine. And its been quite responsive to commands and sleep mode and whatnot.
Thanks for the replies guys, I must've tweaked one of the VCCIO or VCCSA voltages around the same time I installed the monitor and that was messing up the previously stable wake/sleep of my system. All stable now.

One thing I am a little disappointed in is the overall brightness of desktop compared to my 4K TV and Dell U2417 flanking panels, but overall a fantastic panel especially for gaming. Increasing the brightness beyond 40 or so leads to really washed out colors and poor contrast, I'm using the TFT Central settings and ICC profile with DV +10% in the NVCP.

Thanks for the replies guys, I must've tweaked one of the VCCIO or VCCSA voltages around the same time I installed the monitor and that was messing up the previously stable wake/sleep of my system. All stable now.

One thing I am a little disappointed in is the overall brightness of desktop compared to my 4K TV and Dell U2417 flanking panels, but overall a fantastic panel especially for gaming. Increasing the brightness beyond 40 or so leads to really washed out colors and poor contrast, I'm using the TFT Central settings and ICC profile with DV +10% in the NVCP.

I tried those icx profiles! Too bright and washed out picture. Standard is where I've been at for a tear and were I like it. Like 34 brightness with 70 something contrast.

View attachment 126146

Just curious, what brand is your monitor arm?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like it's going back on sale for the holidays! Neweggs got it for 850 right now and I just got a promo code to drop it to 799.

Just bought one from amazon and it arrived the other day. Absolutely awesome. Came from a Qnix 27" and will never look back.

I've been using this monitor for a year now. Super awesome.

Back