Dell Alienware 34" 120hz 21:9 G-Sync monitor $719.99

vjhawk

Limp Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thinking about getting one of these.

I'd like to move up from my 27"

Picked me up one Friday. I've been looking at this monitor since it came out. This is the lowest I've ever seen it drop by a large margin.

I'm really excited. Crossing my fingers there are no dead pixels and the back light bleed isn't too serious, well you know it's IPS so here's hoping for the best!

Been using this monitor since last years black friday sale and it's been great. A year now and so far so good. No regrets what so ever.

Looks like a great monitor. Rocking the 144hz tn 2k 27" panel...two panels. I just don't have the desk space for these.

I bit. 97% sold.

Been looking for awhile to move away from triple monitor setup and go ultrawide. This is a nice price point for all the included specs, even after tax. Now to sell the trusty U2412UMs.

I'm really excited. Crossing my fingers there are no dead pixels and the back light bleed isn't too serious, well you know it's IPS so here's hoping for the best!

Dell has a pixel perfect guarantee on these premium AW3418DW panels. If you have a single bad pixel Dell will replace it under warranty. If you have backlight bleed you can probably do the same thing (but that policy isn't as clear IIRC).

Dell has a pixel perfect guarantee on these premium AW3418DW panels. If you have a single bad pixel Dell will replace it under warranty. If you have backlight bleed you can probably do the same thing (but that policy isn't as clear IIRC).

Good to know. I'm not clear about Newegg's return policy for dead pixels. But just hoping for a good screen so I don't have to go through the hassle of RMA through the manufacturer. I'll put up somepictures when I finally get the monitor in and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Well $799 for the Alienware 34" on Amazon isn't a bad deal if you miss out on it at the $719.99 price point. But it is an $80 difference.

PS the Dell 0 dead pixel guarantee does give me some extra peace of mind. But I'm crossing my fingers it comes perfect out of the box so no need to do the RMA shuffle!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wait till ya guys see the monsterly HUGE box it comes in! Be there to answer the door when it's being delivered. Your whole neighborhood will see it on your porch! And know what it is hehe

Wait till ya guys see the monsterly HUGE box it comes in! Be there to answer the door when it's being delivered. Your whole neighborhood will see it on your porch! And know what it is hehe
Yeah, happened to me with my ASUS 34". Just recently threw the box and now I'm gonna have another one :(

Got mine in yesterday. No dead pixels and overclocked to 120hz without issue.

I'm having mine delivered to my office. Hope the big ass box fits inside my Subie! I don't like the idea of transporting big hardware without any box / padding, etc.

FYI Amazon has it for $780: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Alienware-Monitor-Resolution-Overclocked/dp/B0777RY75V Personally I'd rather buy from Amazon as they have a much better return policy than NewEgg/Ebay and are easier to deal with.

This is why I bought mine from Costco. Same price, and since I have a Costco nearby, it is easy to return it if there are any issues. I really don't want to be dealing with issues on a monitor of this size.

Additionally, one thing people may not know is that Costco has a fantastic policy on most electronics: Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Desktops, Laptops, All-in-ones* and Major Appliances† to 2 years from the date of purchase.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
LOL you guys complaining about the box size obv never bought a 50in+ tv before. im finally replacing my 2013 Panasonic viera gt 30 50in plasma. 1080p and 30ms response will be a thing of the past

LOL you guys complaining about the box size obv never bought a 50in+ tv before. im finally replacing my 2013 Panasonic viera gt 30 50in plasma. 1080p and 30ms response will be a thing of the past

Nope.. I've got a 75" TV box in the basement and I'm not freaked out about thst size as much! Haha

Were talking heavy box even empty and looks like its 4 foot long and 2.5 feet wide and 3 foot tall cause its curved ;)

Typical lcd shit glow this is why I've avoided lcd tvs for years. Next tv will be oled when my plasma finally burns out or I'll just fix it again.

Very nice, one day I'll upgrade from my Acer Z35 1080p ultra wide but I'll need something better than my 1070 to drive an ultra wide 1440p monitor
The way things are going a 1080TI won't be enough for much longer.

Hunt Showdown I get about 60FPS average at 3440x1440 at max settings with my 1080TI and a 6850K
Vermintide 2 I get about 65-70FPS average at 3440x1440 at max settings

Both of those games can see dips into the 40's on occasion. G-Sync makes that perfectly fine - but a 1080Ti should be only good to keep it within G-Sync range for the next couple years I'd guess with the future graphical advancements in new titles.

Frostbite engine used by EA has plenty of headroom, so no problems there. I guess weigh in the 2560x1080 and relative ease to drive against the 3440x1440 requirements before you make your monitor upgrade. I think this Alienware is a great choice for the next few years until something better than IPS technology appears. (OLED or successor)

The way things are going a 1080TI won't be enough for much longer.

Hunt Showdown I get about 60FPS average at 3440x1440 at max settings with my 1080TI and a 6850K
Vermintide 2 I get about 65-70FPS average at 3440x1440 at max settings

Both of those games can see dips into the 40's on occasion. G-Sync makes that perfectly fine - but a 1080Ti should be only good to keep it within G-Sync range for the next couple years I'd guess with the future graphical advancements in new titles.

Frostbite engine used by EA has plenty of headroom, so no problems there. I guess weigh in the 2560x1080 and relative ease to drive against the 3440x1440 requirements before you make your monitor upgrade. I think this Alienware is a great choice for the next few years until something better than IPS technology appears. (OLED or successor)

Those games use sli? If so slap another 1080ti and run it.

I was just watching a youtube video doing a comparo between a 2080 (regular) vs a Titan Xp and they were trading blows - a few frames over here and a few over there. Since the TItan Xp more or less = 1080TI, if you want to bump up performance, it looks like you'd need to jump all the way up to a 2080TI ... I don't know if I would be ready to do that quite yet :-D

My AW3418DW showed up last night. The box has a white sticker with some Random person's name and address and on that same sticker it says "ETP:1" There is also yellow sticker on the box with my name and address and it says "ETP:2". The mount looks rusted. Did I get a refurbished monitor?

image1-2.jpeg

My AW3418DW showed up last night. The box has a white sticker with some Random person's name and address and on that same sticker it says "ETP:1" There is also yellow sticker on the box with my name and address and it says "ETP:2". The mount looks rusted. Did I get a refurbished monitor?

View attachment 123529
Sounds suspicious,
Did everything seem sealed inside?

Log onto Dell's site and register it via the serial number on the monitor. You should get three years. If not, then something's not right. If it was sealed, and nothing's wrong with it, I probably wouldn't waste my time returning it. But you have the right, to return it - if you are unhappy.

Woof. I'd get in contact ASAP.

I'm currently on hold waiting to speak with Newegg because FedEx "attempted" delivery - left an attempted delivery slip, never knocked or rung the doorbell - and because of Newegg's restrictions on the package, I can't have it held at a FedEx location or change delivery times.

Just let me play with my new toy, dammit.

Woof. I'd get in contact ASAP.

I'm currently on hold waiting to speak with Newegg because FedEx "attempted" delivery - left an attempted delivery slip, never knocked or rung the doorbell - and because of Newegg's restrictions on the package, I can't have it held at a FedEx location or change delivery times.

Just let me play with my new toy, dammit.

Man nothing pisses me off more then that and its happened a few times! Think ups.. I called right away and they called the driver and made him bring it back to me!

Back