Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q : Parts & Upgrades | Dell.

Anyone see one of them yet. The site doesn’t even have the VESA specs or panel only weight. I’m guessing no FreeSync but this could be my new work display. Been weighting forever for a 40”+ 4k display, the DPI is just too high on 24” and 27” 4k displays. I wish it was 16:10 though. They just won’t make those anymore I’m guessing.

Last edited:
We shall see when these things become more available, I guess. I know I'll be waiting to see how things shake out.

I was anxious for a new monitor and unwilling to continue to wait for the Phillips to make it to the US.. so I pulled the trigger on this.. says it ships in 6-8 days.. will post my thoughts once it arrives.

I was anxious for a new monitor and unwilling to continue to wait for the Phillips to make it to the US.. so I pulled the trigger on this.. says it ships in 6-8 days.. will post my thoughts once it arrives.

Let us know what the estimated delivery date is once you have an order status. Their site says 6-8 days, but when I added one to the cart it had an estimated ship date of 06/05.

I'm waiting for the HDR monitors to come out at this point. But wouldn't one of the Wasabi Mango 4K monitors on EBAY be a better deal? Should be able to add a SquareTrade warranty to the purchase if scared of warranty work from Korea.

I emailed Dell about the specs on this monitor but I have yet to receive a reply. Do you guys care about panel type or other unspecified features, etc.? I'm very interested also in the case the Philips gets canceled or doesn't come though but I'm a bit picky on the specifics.

I emailed Dell about the specs on this monitor but I have yet to receive a reply. Do you guys care about panel type or other unspecified features, etc.? I'm very interested also in the case the Philips gets canceled or doesn't come though but I'm a bit picky on the specifics.

I saw on some site it listed the panel as an IPS.. so I'm figuring its the same as the Phillips which seems to be pretty good from what I've read.. I mean its a 60hz PWM free panel so for the most part I would be happy.

Yeah, and based on the viewing angle at 178deg it would appear to be IPS. Probably the same screen as the Philips. Do you guys have some good discount codes? Even with the 15% I can get it still comes out 51%+ over the Philips for me. Seems like a lot for essentially the same monitor.

Good luck!

This 43" Dell monitor will probably be my next monitor. Might wait a few days before I pull the trigger, as I only just found out about this, but man I'm tired of waiting for a 40'ish inch 4k monitor (not a TV). The price delta is easier to swallow with Dells excellent warranty and support.

I'd pay the higher price if they'd actually put a 10 bit capable color backlight on the thing and given it 99-100 adobergb or UHD color depth. Why would you get something that is basically a modern 4K device and with UHD available right now from Roku and Ultra blu ray, cripple a 10 bit fully capable screen by putting only a silly wled backlight on it? Wide gamut is no longer the future, it is here right now and it makes a huge difference in a lot of content.
For those who are going for it anyway - don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. It is in all other ways a seemingly great monitor.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I think you guys are missing the point - Dell is marketing the 'multi-monitor' aspect of this, which is a big deal if your work involves looking at 4 screens at the same time (brokers traders coders and what not) - you can do it at 1080p without bezels, but is probably useless if all you want to do is game or watch TV on a large screen at 4K.

couldn't find the manual, does anyone have a link to it? would like to know what the RS-232 connection offers and am not familiar with it.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like it. I don't think it's really geared toward gamers/enthusiasts. Shame.

It is not only a matter of enthusiasts or gamers. One could buy it now and then use it as a media display for other members of the family down the line (i.e. kids) in the future. No HDMI means it can not be used with consoles (future ones too) or other media players.

It's billed as a "multi-client monitor", so it seems more business oriented than anything. How many business systems have HDMI 2.0?

Interesting, the article mentions that the Dell uses the LG panel and that it has "...low-haze 2H – essentially glossy...". Guess those that want a true "mate" display will be left out of either monitor offering.

It also mentions that the Philips is NOT using an LG panel but rather "an in-house (TP Vision) panel." I guess this makes sense since TP Vision owns Philips.

I'll be very interested to see reviews of the Dell monitor in contrast to the Philips. Eagerly anticipating what our [H] members will report.

Interesting, the article mentions that the Dell uses the LG panel and that it has "...low-haze 2H – essentially glossy...". Guess those that want a true "mate" display will be left out of either monitor offering.

It also mentions that the Philips is NOT using an LG panel but rather "an in-house (TP Vision) panel." I guess this makes sense since TP Vision owns Philips.

I'll be very interested to see reviews of the Dell monitor in contrast to the Philips. Eagerly anticipating what our [H] members will report.
Interesting. Then the Dell may very well be worth the extra $400.

Interesting. Then the Dell may very well be worth the extra $400.

It might be. Still haven't seen any reviews of it though.

Also disappointing to me that the Dell has no HDMI 2.0. I know it is targeted towards the professional market but it seems like an easy addition that would have made it more desirable to many.

Anyone receive or receiving their Dell? Would love to hear your thoughts and maybe some pictures!

i'm really interested in this as well. i tried a samsung 40'' 4k tv not too long ago. it was cool, but the VA panel just wasn't doing it for me. this seems far more intriguing because of the IPS display. the only major downside I see is no HDMI 2.0

Last edited:
Got mine today, returning. Not happy with color saturation, they're not juicy enough for my liking.

Wow. Returning that quickly? Was it just a saturation issue or did other things factor into it?

I think the only way to go is to not use the stand, let the base of the monitor sit on your desk, and use a VESA stand. Otherwise the non-height-adjustable stand gives an undesirable upward offset.

I don't know that BGR subpixel layout was so bad? Windows handles it just fine, or you could turn it upside down. Biggest gripe tends to be OSX not handling BGR but that is not an issue for everyone (Windows users).

Anyone receive and keep their Dell? Would love to hear your thoughts on this monitor.

I got mine a few weeks ago.. been using it for about 10 days.. love it. Initially the enormous size was a bit off putting but I've gotten used to it and I think it's fantastic.. I've played DS 3 and Doom at 4K with great results.. also did some Xbox One and PS4 @ 1080P and was impressed how good 1080P looks on this screen. I settled on 200% Text size for Windows 10 (Windows defaulted to 300% which was too big). I thought the stand might have some height adjustment but it doesn't.. it's basically a fixed stand with minimal tilt adjustment.

Very interested in this monitor for work modes, especially since its dell I could convince them get 1 for everyone the next upgrade cycle, literally everyone has 3-4 computers.

How snappy is it switching modes/pip/pbp/inputs etc?

I wonder if anyone of the current owners could test color accuracy and coverage. I know it is not intended for graphics and print design but at least 100% sRGB color coverage would be enough for me.
It's a pity that there is not a single review of it on the internet.

Back