Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

There are reports of other LG displays (particularly their TV models) having image retention issues as well. It seems like LG is neglecting their LCDs and are banking on OLEDs nowadays.

There are reports of other LG displays (particularly their TV models) having image retention issues as well. It seems like LG is neglecting their LCDs and are banking on OLEDs nowadays.
This is one of the things that has had me quite confused about the matter. I have a 55" Samsung 4K SUHD TV in the lounge and its connected to my home media setup which uses Kodi. The kids leave it switched on all the time, so it can spend several hours depending on what I'm doing with the same screen, the only thing changing being the clock in the corner. Not once has an image been retained in this TV.

Of course, different panel maker, so maybe this is ringing true. Hence why im just going with a cheap ass tv for the next year - input lag isn't really a concern for me.

This doesn’t sound right. What would the mechanism for ten minute image retention on an LCD be? Cheaper chems?

This is one of the things that has had me quite confused about the matter. I have a 55" Samsung 4K SUHD TV in the lounge and its connected to my home media setup which uses Kodi. The kids leave it switched on all the time, so it can spend several hours depending on what I'm doing with the same screen, the only thing changing being the clock in the corner. Not once has an image been retained in this TV.

Of course, different panel maker, so maybe this is ringing true. Hence why im just going with a cheap ass tv for the next year - input lag isn't really a concern for me.
Samsung did unleash the RGBW subpixel matrix to the world, though...

This doesn’t sound right. What would the mechanism for ten minute image retention on an LCD be? Cheaper chems?
Not sure. Found this,

"The mechanism of TIR involves the chemistry and drive signals of the LCD, where slight DC components of the drive signals for static displays induce a migration of ions in the Liquid Crystal material to one side of the LCD glass. This migration of ions, given sufficient time, will cause a slight drop in the drive voltage in the pattern of the static image, causing a temporary "ghost" of the image to stick. Thankfully, when the image is changed, these ions diffuse back into the Liquid Crystal and the "stuck" image disappears"

So perhaps it's a cheaper formula for the liquid crystal that makes it more susceptible to the problem.

Safe to order?
If you find it for less than retail and wherever you order it from has a great return policy then maybe it's worth taking a chance on. I haven't heard back from Dell if they found anything out from the unit they recovered from me and sent to engineering. The 2nd display they sent is slightly better, but still has issues.

This forum is the second place (first one being some comment section on an article about this piece of hardware) where someone actually says anything about the screen - and it's also second source that says about image retention...

I've talked with support of dell, and they said:

Patryk: "Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q - this one exactly"
06/05/2016 11:42:30PM Patryk: "could you elaborate on this issue? I'm interested in buying the screen"
06/05/2016 11:42:35PM Patryk: "but not with 60 second image retention."
06/05/2016 11:42:47PM Patryk: "p4317q is the model"
06/05/2016 11:43:09PM Agent (TIP_Paul Ru): "Let me check the link you posted."
06/05/2016 11:48:21PM Agent (TIP_Paul Ru): "I believe this has been fixed with the 2nd Revision."

06/05/2016 11:50:38PM Agent (TIP_Paul Ru): "All the P4317Q Monitors we have here in the US are Rev 02"
06/05/2016 11:51:06PM Agent (TIP_Paul Ru): "Yes, I read through the message board you posted."
06/05/2016 11:51:30PM Patryk: "ok, "rev 02" is something, but I suppose that guy got rev 02"
06/05/2016 11:51:33PM Patryk: "am I right?"
06/05/2016 11:52:25PM Agent (TIP_Paul Ru): "He's supposed to, yes. But I'm not quite sure."

So, seems like they did try something, but it didn't work out, I guess I'll drop out waiting for rev 3.

So, the burn in issue worries me, but I have been waiting for a multi client monitor for my office for quite a while. Does anyone know of an alternative that can display 4 separate 1080p screens on 1 4k screen? I would prefer it also to be able to be used as a 4k monitor (or TV), but the most important thing is the splitting of the screen into 4 inputs.

43" is ok, but having something upwards of 50" would be nicer.

So, the burn in issue worries me, but I have been waiting for a multi client monitor for my office for quite a while. Does anyone know of an alternative that can display 4 separate 1080p screens on 1 4k screen? I would prefer it also to be able to be used as a 4k monitor (or TV), but the most important thing is the splitting of the screen into 4 inputs.

43" is ok, but having something upwards of 50" would be nicer.

I have another post about the 48" Panasonic 48CX400B that I bought at the weekend.

its 4096*2160 @60hz 4:4:4 8 bit, really laggy but once in PC mode I dont notice it.

I use that along with Display Fusion (software) and have set up the following profiles:

1X grid of 4k
2X2 grid of 1080
1X grid of 3440x1440 (aka ultrawide)
2X grid of 4096x1080

Its a quick change between profiles and you can windows key shift applications through the panel options. Honestly, it was a total punt on this product but hell, its been damn good so far.

Been busy and not had a chance to put it through tests to get actual lag & chroma details but quick glances have looked ok.

I wonder if anyone of the current owners could test color accuracy and coverage. I know it is not intended for graphics and print design but at least 100% sRGB color coverage would be enough for me.
It's a pity that there is not a single review of it on the internet.
I'm a little shocked that I haven't seen any as well, but at the same time I think a 43" 4K business oriented display just isn't practical for most people, so a consumer review is probably wasted effort. Large businesses would look at this display but they will evaluate it in house before purchase and then choose a model, even if CNET or some other mainstream site were to review it (in my experience at least). So that may be the reason, or this just isn't on anyone's radar?

I like the sound of 43" of 4K goodness on my desk but I had to turn my head a little at 30" to view the whole thing. Then again, 43" means I may not need to have too much scaling going on at the desktop. LG curved 34" 3440x1440 99% sRGB is $750 at a couple of places right now. I'm concerned with backlighting for both of these. I guess my only option is to just buy one or both of them and figure out what I like best.

Where are people buying the Dell 43" P4317Q monitor for less than the "full retail" price of $1349.99? Corporate/business discount? Coupon code(s)? Dell credit/rewards points?

My review of the Dell 43 inch (42.51" viewable) P4317Q monitor:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ordering and Price:

I purchased my Dell P4317Q monitor through the Dell web site and paid $1349.99 + $105.30 tax = $1455.29. Free shipping/handling. Shipping/handling is free if you setup a Dell account, which you need to do for ordering anyways. Delivered by Pilot Freight. Monitor delivered in a pristine Dell box with no dents, holes, tears, rips, scratches, etc. Total delivery time was about 10-12 days. Note: Dell expects a "company name" was ordering. You can't leave the box empty, just put a fake name in the box on the order screen.

And yeah, yeah, I paid "FULL RETAIL" for this monitor. Don't give a shit. Been waiting 2+ years for such a monitor, and was very glad to finally be able to buy one from a major vendor such as Dell. Pixel perfect warranty and less potential return hassle. Sure I could have waited 6-9 months and paid less, but I was simply tired of waiting.

Ergonomics:

My desk is 32 inches (0.8 meters) deep and the monitor stand is pushed all the way to the back edge. This results in the screen being 25 inches (0.64 meters) from the front edge of the desk. My eyes are 36 inches (0.9 meters) away from the screen. I've set Windows 7 custom scaling to 200% as my close up vision is going to shit as I age. Some things scale properly, however some UI elements scale up less than 200%. Some dialog boxes/UI elements have text that seems to be the wrong (too small) size, but it's not really an issue, just something to be aware of when scaling is set to 200%.

I can see the whole screen without turning my head, however if I'm focusing on the far edge of the screen I do turn my head slightly. This slight head movement does not feel "un-natural" or uncomfortable at all. I feel the 43" size of my monitor is just inside my "ergonomics zone," and if the monitor was 46", 50", 55", or larger in size it would be too big. I would have to either sit further away from the screen or turn my head excessively.

The center stand is sturdy enough and keeps the monitor level and stable. External, standard-sized, 100mm and 200mm VESA mounting point are available. The stand does not swivel left or right or have any height adjustments. The stand does tilt up +10 degree or down -5 degrees. Unless your desk is very low or you have a tall chair, I can't ever see a need to tilt the monitor up +10 degrees. Perhaps a standing desk would require an upward tilt. I personally have the monitor tilted down -5 degrees which positions the screen perpendicular to my line of sight.

Specs:

Specs from the Dell web site. {scroll down a bit and click the "Tech Specs" tab}

Ports:
Dell-P4317-Q-ports.jpg

1 - AC power.
2 - RS 232.
3 - HDMI/MHL 1. (ver 1.4)
4 - HDMI/MHL 2. (ver 1.4)
5 - mDP. (ver 1.2)
6 - DP. (ver 1.2)
7 - VGA port.
8 - Audio line IN.
9 - Headphone OUT.
10- USB 3.0 Upstream.
11- 3x USB 3.0 ports.
12- USB 3.0 charging port.

Note: On the Dell website the picture of the ports does not show the USB charging port (#12) like the above picture from the users guide.

The USB 3.0 ports are nearly impossible to use. The ports are behind the monitor and 8 inches above the desk and you can't see the ports. To install a USB device you'd have to blindly push your hand up under the front of the monitor and randomly push your the USB cable up until you find the port. If you want to plug in a keyboard, mouse, card reader, etc you have to kneel on the floor, behind and under the monitor with a flashlight to see where to plug things in. This monitor is just to heavy/bulky to simply lift up (like a 23" 1080p screen) to see and use the USB ports.

In essence the USB ports are like the power and signal cable you plug in once and forget. Just way too much of a pain in the ass to plug, unplug, re-plug USB devices. You'll plug them in once and never touch them again. Poor design on Dell's part but cheaper than putting the USB ports on the front bezel I guess.

Monitor also includes two 8 watt speakers. Don't know if they are any good, but because of the monitor's large size they probably suck a bit less then speakers built into a typical 23" 1080p monitor.

Included cables:
cables.jpg

Power
USB upstream
HDMI
mDP to DP
DP

The included cables seem to be high quality.

Additional Dell P4317Q manuals and documentation can be found here.

Performance:

Plugged in the power cable and attached a DP cable to my EVGA SC Titan's Display Port and turned everything on. Desktop was sitting at 3840 x 2160 resolution @ 60 Hz refresh rate. NO messing around with settings needed to get max resolution and refresh rate. I would say UHD (3840x2160@60Hz) on this Dell monitor (when connected via DP) works perfectly and without any issues.

I'm no monitor connoisseur. I haven't twitch-gamed in many, many years, just MMOs. I have not color calibrated my monitor. So I can't speak about "color accuracy" or gaming/input lag. With those disclaimers out of the way, I can say my monitor has: 1) ZERO noticed "burn-in" issues described upthread. ---EDIT--- scroll down 4 posts for more info ---END EDIT--- 2) No dead or stuck pixels or sub-pixels. 3) No obvious/bad back-light bleed. 4) No PWM flicker. 5) No exhaust heat. 6) No noise, whine, buzz, hum, from monitor.

Good colors and no obvious color differences from my old 24" HP ZR24w. Brightness and contrast set to 50 in the OSD. This does differ from my old HP where it was so goddamn bright I had to set brightness to 5 or 10. Even after nearly 10200 power-on hours my HP still has brightness set to only 20-30.

---EDIT--- The sub-pixel layout is BGR. scroll down 3 posts for more info ---END EDIT---

If you need accurate data regarding color accuracy and/or performance you'll have to wait for PRAD or TFTCentral or ????? to post a review. I don't have and can't provide such data.

Conclusion:

- BIG and EXPENSIVE.
- 43 inch. 3840 x 2160 res @ 60 Hz (via DP ver 1.2).
- IPS panel, no PWM, decent colors, light back-light bleed, noise free, no heat exhaust.
- Business orientated: 1) PbP options, 2) RS232 port, 3) VGA port, 4) NO HDMI ver 2.0 ports.
- Good Dell 3-yr warranty with pixel perfect replacement policy.
- Good stand. VESA 100 & 200mm mounting options.
- 4 port USB 3.0 hub, crappy placement of ports though.
- High quality included cables.

Last edited:
Where are people buying the Dell 43" P4317Q monitor for less than the "full retail" price of $1349.99? Corporate/business discount? Coupon code(s)? Dell credit/rewards points?

My review of the Dell 43 inch (42.51" viewable) P4317Q monitor:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ordering and Price:

I purchased my Dell P4317Q monitor through the Dell web site and paid $1349.99 + $105.30 tax = $1455.29. Free shipping/handling. Shipping/handling is free if you setup a Dell account, which you need to do for ordering anyways. Delivered by Pilot Freight. Monitor delivered in a pristine Dell box with no dents, holes, tears, rips, scratches, etc. Total delivery time was about 10-12 days. Note: Dell expects a "company name" was ordering. You can't leave the box empty, just put a fake name in the box on the order screen.

And yeah, yeah, I paid "FULL RETAIL" for this monitor. Don't give a shit. Been waiting 2+ years for such a monitor, and was very glad to finally be able to buy one from a major vendor such as Dell. Pixel perfect warranty and less potential return hassle. Sure I could have waited 6-9 months and paid less, but I was simply tired of waiting.

Ergonomics:

My desk is 32 inches (0.8 meters) deep and the monitor stand is pushed all the way to the back edge. This results in the screen being 25 inches (0.64 meters) from the front edge of the desk. My eyes are 36 inches (0.9 meters) away from the screen. I've set Windows 7 custom scaling to 200% as my close up vision is going to shit as I age. Some things scale properly, however some UI elements scale up less than 200%. Some dialog boxes/UI elements have text that seems to be the wrong (too small) size, but it's not really an issue, just something to be aware of when scaling is set to 200%.

I can see the whole screen without turning my head, however if I'm focusing on the far edge of the screen I do turn my head slightly. This slight head movement does not feel "un-natural" or uncomfortable at all. I feel the 43" size of my monitor is just inside my "ergonomics zone," and if the monitor was 46", 50", 55", or larger in size it would be too big. I would have to either sit further away from the screen or turn my head excessively.

The center stand is sturdy enough and keeps the monitor level and stable. External, standard-sized, 100mm and 200mm VESA mounting point are available. The stand does not swivel left or right or have any height adjustments. The stand does tilt up +10 degree or down -5 degrees. Unless your desk is very low or you have a tall chair, I can't ever see a need to tilt the monitor up +10 degrees. Perhaps a standing desk would require an upward tilt. I personally have the monitor tilted down -5 degrees which positions the screen perpendicular to my line of sight.

Specs:

Specs from the Dell web site. {scroll down a bit and click the "Tech Specs" tab}

Ports:

1 - AC power.
2 - RS 232.
3 - HDMI/MHL 1. (ver 1.4)
4 - HDMI/MHL 2. (ver 1.4)
5 - mDP. (ver 1.2)
6 - DP. (ver 1.2)
7 - VGA port.
8 - Audio line IN.
9 - Headphone OUT.
10- USB 3.0 Upstream.
11- 3x USB 3.0 ports.
12- USB 3.0 charging port.

Note: On the Dell website the picture of the ports does not show the USB charging port (#12) like the above picture from the users guide.

The USB 3.0 ports are nearly impossible to use. The ports are behind the monitor and 8 inches above the desk and you can't see the ports. To install a USB device you'd have to blindly push your hand up under the front of the monitor and randomly push your the USB cable up until you find the port. If you want to plug in a keyboard, mouse, card reader, etc you have to kneel on the floor, behind and under the monitor with a flashlight to see where to plug things in. This monitor is just to heavy/bulky to simply lift up (like a 23" 1080p screen) to see and use the USB ports.

In essence the USB ports are like the power and signal cable you plug in once and forget. Just way too much of a pain in the ass to plug, unplug, re-plug USB devices. You'll plug them in once and never touch them again. Poor design on Dell's part but cheaper than putting the USB ports on the front bezel I guess.

Monitor also includes two 8 watt speakers. Don't know if they are any good, but because of the monitor's large size they probably suck a bit less then speakers built into a typical 23" 1080p monitor.

Included cables:

Power
USB upstream
HDMI
mDP to DP
DP

The included cables seem to be high quality.

Additional Dell P4317Q manuals and documentation can be found here.

Performance:

Plugged in the power cable and attached a DP cable to my EVGA SC Titan's Display Port and turned everything on. Desktop was sitting at 3840 x 2160 resolution @ 60 Hz refresh rate. NO messing around with settings needed to get max resolution and refresh rate. I would say UHD (3840x2160@60Hz) on this Dell monitor (when connected via DP) works perfectly and without any issues.

I'm no monitor connoisseur. I haven't twitch-gamed in many, many years, just MMOs. I have not color calibrated my monitor. So I can't speak about "color accuracy" or gaming/input lag. With those disclaimers out of the way, I can say my monitor has: 1) ZERO noticed "burn-in" issues described upthread. 2) No dead or stuck pixels or sub-pixels. 3) No obvious/bad back-light bleed. 4) No PWM flicker. 5) No exhaust heat. 6) No noise, whine, buzz, hum, from monitor.

Good colors and no obvious color differences from my old 24" HP ZR24w. Brightness and contrast set to 50 in the OSD. This does differ from my old HP where it was so goddamn bright I had to set brightness to 5 or 10. Even after nearly 9000 power-on hours my HP still has brightness set to only 20-30.

If you need accurate data regarding color accuracy and/or performance you'll have to wait for PRAD or TFTCentral or ????? to post a review. I don't have and can't provide such data.

Conclusion:

- BIG and EXPENSIVE.
- 43 inch. 3840 x 2160 res @ 60 Hz (via DP ver 1.2).
- IPS panel, no PWM, decent colors, light back-light bleed, noise free, no heat exhaust.
- Business orientated: 1) PbP options, 2) RS232 port, 3) VGA port, 4) NO HDMI ver 2.0 ports.
- Good Dell 3-yr warranty with pixel perfect replacement policy.
- Good stand. VESA 100 & 200mm mounting options.
- 4 port USB 3.0 hub, crappy placement of ports though.
- High quality included cables.
Is this a BGR subpixel layout like all the other 43" IPS panels?

kindasmart did you have any image retention on this screen? You can try to look for such issues after a full day of work on gray background, or using sites like LCD Image Retention Test

I have not noticed any image retention, but I will go to your link and test it out and report back.

Is this a BGR subpixel layout like all the other 43" IPS panels?

Yes. I believe the sub-pixel layout is BGR. Below is a close up pic of the white, windows mouse pointer.

P4317-Q-BGR-sub-pixel-layout.jpg

Last edited:
kindasmart did you have any image retention on this screen? You can try to look for such issues after a full day of work on gray background, or using sites like LCD Image Retention Test

I have not noticed any image retention, but I will go to your link and test it out and report back.

OK. I went to the site you linked and displayed the black and white checkerboard pattern for 1 minute. Nothing. 3 minutes. Nothing. 5 minutes, OK I can now see a very, very, very, very, very faint checkerboard pattern present on the all grey screen. It was very, very subtle. Very subtle. I could almost not see it. I went to all black then all white screens and did not see a thing.

I performed the same test on my 24" IPS, HP ZR24w monitor (w/ 10209 power-on hours and ZERO image burn in) and after 8 minutes I switched to the grey screen. At first I thought I was able to see image retention in the HP as well but I think the image retention I saw in the HP was physiological (my eyes themselves were "burned-in") or psychological (I knew what I was looking for) in nature. I performed the test a second time and saw no image retention pattern on the HP.

So I would have to say, "Yes." The Dell monitor did display a very, very small amount of image retention as tested by the web site page.

Whatever tiny amount of image retention there was, it does not seem to be permanent or even long lasting. I've left my Dell display on for hours with the windows task bar displayed on the bottom edge of the screen and there is no visible burn in. None.

Probably something to be aware of, and take steps to ensure your display is not static for hours/days at a time, but honestly I'm not too concerned.

Im surprised this isn't getting more attention. Why get a TV screen or Korean monitor over this?

I still haven't seen any real good pictures of this thing yet. Anybody want to post some pics of their setup with this beast in it?

What is bad about that?
If you google complications of desktop applications running in BGR, it will explain itself. Even with clear type on, not everything will respect it and text in unsupported apps like browsers and Adobe products will look fringed.

If you google complications of desktop applications running in BGR, it will explain itself. Even with clear type on, not everything will respect it and text in unsupported apps like browsers and Adobe products will look fringed.
The whole thing is overblown. I have a BGR monitor and have no real image quality complaints. I work in OS X and play in Windows 10.

The whole thing is overblown. I have a BGR monitor and have no real image quality complaints. I work in OS X and play in Windows 10.
Just returned a bdm4350uc I just recently got and tested it on my MacBook and gaming rig. I noticed a lot of fringed text mostly due to the fact my eyes are adjusted to RGB layouts which give a picture perfect image, so it was a big downgrade for me. I was going to turn the display upside down, but honestly don't think my wall would handle it

Just returned a bdm4350uc I just recently got and tested it on my MacBook and gaming rig. I noticed a lot of fringed text mostly due to the fact my eyes are adjusted to RGB layouts which give a picture perfect image, so it was a big downgrade for me. I was going to turn the display upside down, but honestly don't think my wall would handle it

I just turned off font smoothing in OS X.

I didn't notice difference between U2713HM and this until i run some RGB/BGR tests (to identify monitor) i just hooked up P4317Q and i still see no difference besides those tests :D

Few pictures.
screen.png

screen2.png
screen3.png

Photo%2009.07.2016.%2023%2044%2048.jpg

Photo%2010.07.2016.%2014%2003%2059.jpg

Photo%2010.07.2016.%2021%2019%2022.jpg

pce%204k.png

JauQmsw.jpg

Image retention in LG IPS panels is not unheard of. Back in 2011, when I got my Thinkpad X220, almost all the owners of the IPS variant (LG-Philips panel) reported severe image retention with the 12.5 1366x768 panel. Lenovo even posted a technical bulletin online that explains the origin of the problem and how it's inherent in the design: LCD image persistence (ghosting) - ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet - Lenovo Support (GR)

Eventually a newer revision of the panel was released and Lenovo swapped it under warranty. However, even this newer revision still exhibits the same problem, albeit less severely. The panel was so good in all other respects that the issue never really bothered me.

On my main display however, and at such a large size, I wouldn't settle for this.

What's disconcerning is that the newer 21:9 1440p LG panels also appear to exhibit this (this year's 1900R panels, not last year's 3800R).

Image retention in LG IPS panels is not unheard of. Back in 2011, when I got my Thinkpad X220, almost all the owners of the IPS variant (LG-Philips panel) reported severe image retention with the 12.5 1366x768 panel. Lenovo even posted a technical bulletin online that explains the origin of the problem and how it's inherent in the design: LCD image persistence (ghosting) - ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet - Lenovo Support (GR)

Eventually a newer revision of the panel was released and Lenovo swapped it under warranty. However, even this newer revision still exhibits the same problem, albeit less severely. The panel was so good in all other respects that the issue never really bothered me.

On my main display however, and at such a large size, I wouldn't settle for this.

What's disconcerning is that the newer 21:9 1440p LG panels also appear to exhibit this (this year's 1900R panels, not last year's 3800R).
Yep i notice that, and some ghosting when i move mouse across Explorer shortcuts (and animation / shade appears). I'll see how this will be seen in future, and maybe RMA screen. I pick it over BDM and other Korean shit just for being reliable Dell. :(

Whats the trick to getting a good discount on these? looking to pick one up
They jack up price and give you discount :D:D:D:D:D

What's price anyway? Mine was around 780€ which is quite cheap what top screen used to be, last year i paid around 550€ for 27 Dell...

So far best I got was $1038 shipped

I called and they said they could do $1053. Pretty damn good. With this said, the person I spoke to said that the image retention issues have been resolved in that the original 43" monitor was the P4317, and not the P4317Q. The "Q" is the latest version according to him.

Any truth to this?

Last edited:
I called and they said they could do $1053. Pretty damn good. With this said, the person I spoke to said that the image retention issues have been resolved in that the original 43" monitor was the P4317, and not the P4317Q. The "Q" is the latest version according to him.

Any truth to this?
I'd like to know too, really interested in this one. do you think you're gonna pick one up? what did you say to the sales rep to bring down the price?

This monitor most definitely is NOT flicker free and does use PWM when not at 100% brightness.

HI all, new to the forum and found you by trawling the net for reviews of this most secretive of Dells. The stuff you guys have already posted is way more informative than anything else I can find, so thanks for that!

I'm a digital artist (using photoshop) by trade and looking to upgrade to a larger screen...preferably one large instead of two small (I currently have a Dell Ultrasharp U2713H and BenQ 24"). This Dell seems pretty awesome but I've yet to find a digital artist comment on it. The matte screen is ideal, just like my current Dell.

I'm no monitor tech expert and have little comprehension on what the PWM actually is/does or why it is bad. I never use my current monitor below 100% brightness...(why would you?)...So does that mean it wouldn't be a problem for me? Colour reproduction seems to be good from the drips and drabs of info i could find but if anyone could give any further advice I'd be very grateful.

Any of you who already have the monitor - have you had any artists look and comment on it?

Last edited:
Back