Dell 43-Inch P4317Q Multi-Client Monitor Could Make You Cry

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I don’t know whether those are tears of happiness or sadness (it’s expensive, and, like most displays, probably has at least one annoying thing that keeps it from being perfect), but this big guy has been officially released. Here is an ongoing thread on this beast.

The 108cm diagonal display panel used by the P4317Q is of the IPS type and uses a white LED edgelight system. This monitor screen is protected by a 2H level hardness coating with 44 per cent haze to provide a matte finish, reducing glare and any associated eye strain. Other key screen specs include a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 60Hz (DP only), pixel pitch of 0.2451mm, brightness of 350cd/m2 (typical), contrast ratio of 1000:1, an 8ms response time (grey to grey), and support for 1.06 billion colours.

It's... basically trash unless you are using it for trading or office work, since it actually takes 4 inputs.

Not very [H].

It's... basically trash unless you are using it for trading or office work, since it actually takes 4 inputs.

Not very [H].

I actually think that is your opinion and actually is exactly what i have been waiting for, now just waiting for more options with these types of displays. Also, do you own one? No? Okay, your opinion piece is meaningless. I think it's very [H].

It's apparently not a KVM which renders its multi-display capabilities rather moot.

Couldn't you just configure it with eyefinity or surround so it could act as one single screen?

It's apparently not a KVM which renders its multi-display capabilities rather moot.

Eh a lot of software out there that does this 100% perfectly fine if you want multi machine on one monitor. i have been doing that and audio over ethernet from my secondary rig to my main for like 6 years now, works a treat.

I would never rec another Dell 4k monitor for as long as I draw breath. I have had four returns on my 32" 4k monitor from Dell. I still get the split screen effect all the time and the monitor going out of sync.

Eh a lot of software out there that does this 100% perfectly fine if you want multi machine on one monitor. i have been doing that and audio over ethernet from my secondary rig to my main for like 6 years now, works a treat.

Details sir...

8ms = no for me I need my vectorworks and open office much much more responsive timings than that.

I will stick to My LG31MU97
12698573_953290324747868_3812708616541093926_o.jpg

Interesting monitor but I find it rather meh.

I got impatient waiting for a big decent monitor capable 4K display that had Displayport input so I took a chance buying a Crossover 494K (49 inch LG IPS) several months ago and it has been running 4K @ 60hz flawlessly ever since,... and it even supports Freesync and HDMI 2.0. If you read around in the forums, some people have had a couple of issues with this monitor but I have had none. If you do get your hands on one, be sure to check and see if you have the latest firmware as I had to update mine when I got it.

Big, beautiful and I got it for less than 1k.

I'm still keeping an eye on newer stuff but I want to see more options with Displayport and the price on the bigger screens is going to have to come down for me to consider.

1000+ for weeny 30-40 inch displays is so yesterday and what's the hangup with Displayport? The latest version of Displayport supports HDCP so it would be nice if companies would get their heads out of their rears and include this input in all of their products.

Why would anyone buy this instead of getting a 43 inch 4K TV for 1/3 the price?

Many 4K 'TV's don't have Displayport and have unacceptable levels of input lag which makes them ok for watching things, but maybe not so good for monitor use and gaming.

Displayport is really a non-issue if you're talking about gaming, since most cards capable of driving at 4K display at any kind of reasonable rate -- from Nvidia at least, AMD's been stupid about this and requires adapters -- have HDMI 2.0 native anyway.

I just received it... amazing monitor. Please only judge after you see it. There is some screen burn in, but it is vewry low and temporary. No PWM or other stuff. Bright and colors look awesome!

Back