Dell 3008WFP owners, does it take long to show picture?

kasakka

2[H]4U
I've got a Dell 3008WFP and I've been very happy with it bar a few (thankfully unnoticeable) dead pixels, minor backlight inconsistency in one corner (lighter than it should be) and the fact that it takes quite a while to show picture on the display.

I was at a computer store today and tried Apple's and HP's 30" displays and on those you'd get a picture instantly whereas on the 3008WFP it takes maybe 4-6 seconds before the image appears. This isn't a big issue but was wondering if it's normal for these displays.

My 3008 takes several seconds to display its picture, too. Never bothered me.

When you say "display the picture" do you mean - the moment you send a signal to the monitor? If so, then yes, it takes a few seconds to start displaying the signal, but afterwords everything is fine.

I have also noticed that if I turn my computer on and then turn my monitor on after it has booted into windows, the monitor will not display the signal. I have to turn my computer off, and make sure my monitor is on before my computer boots into windows.

I've got a Dell 3008WFP and I've been very happy with it bar a few (thankfully unnoticeable) dead pixels, minor backlight inconsistency in one corner (lighter than it should be) and the fact that it takes quite a while to show picture on the display.

I was at a computer store today and tried Apple's and HP's 30" displays and on those you'd get a picture instantly whereas on the 3008WFP it takes maybe 4-6 seconds before the image appears. This isn't a big issue but was wondering if it's normal for these displays.

Few dead pixels?..why did u settle with them. U can easily exchange with another from DELL. Im getting my exchange for one red dead pixel.

Yeah the 3008WFP takes quite a while to 'boot'. Wouldn't be surprised if it's longer than my CRT (my CRT is surprisingly fast though).

Few dead pixels?..why did u settle with them. U can easily exchange with another from DELL. Im getting my exchange for one red dead pixel.

Because they're in unnoticeable places and don't have any bright pixels, plus otherwise the display is fine to me. I've gone thru the hassle of swapping monitors, in fact at one point I went thru TEN of Viewsonic's top displays (three different models) over the span of 3 years until getting one that didn't break or have other problems. The one I finally had was very good and still is (sold it to my workplace) but it was a pain in the ass having to call, then wait for the delivery guy to bring the new one only to find out it was crap again.

So now that I know that the slow "boot" is normal I don't have to worry about that. I'll just enjoy my big monitor. Thanks folks!

PS. Does anyone know why it takes so long because otherwise I've noticed no problems with it, like input lag (A02 revision) or anything? Is it because of the scaler or something?

Back