Dell 3008WFP $860 Refurb, 2 Yr Dell Warranty

Listen, how can we find out for sure if the got a refurb or really a new?

I can tell you mine smell new too. It is in a zip up orange plastic and I need a knife to cut it out.

Outside of the box say Refurbished.

I bought me a refurb Microsoft Bluetrack keyboard/mouse from WorstBuy outlet on fleabay and it smell like new too.

Smell like new meaning electronic new. No after smell like a roach motel.

I await your response.

I pray that these three monitors will be used in an eyefinity set up? If so please post pictures and videos so next time a deal pops up i'm able to talk myself into it :D

Unfortunately not. I purchased both a 3007WFP-HC and a 3008WFP for comparative purposes (i.e. to determine which one would suit me the best). There were a few comparisons out there, but most were done by people who had never owned both monitors, so were biased at best. I then returned the 3008WFP (twice), until I got one that I was happy with and sold the 3007WFP-HC. I did end up with 3 30" in my possession for a few weeks, but as I have a crappy little IKEA desk and a small NY apartment, could not do eyefinity justice. There are a few good 30" eyefinity set-ups on youtube. If you have the space, $$ and video hardware, then I can assure you that the set-up would be drool worthy. Good luck.

Unfortunately not. I purchased both a 3007WFP-HC and a 3008WFP for comparative purposes (i.e. to determine which one would suit me the best). There were a few comparisons out there, but most were done by people who had never owned both monitors, so were biased at best. I then returned the 3008WFP (twice), until I got one that I was happy with and sold the 3007WFP-HC. I did end up with 3 30" in my possession for a few weeks, but as I have a crappy little IKEA desk and a small NY apartment, could not do eyefinity justice. There are a few good 30" eyefinity set-ups on youtube. If you have the space, $$ and video hardware, then I can assure you that the set-up would be drool worthy. Good luck.

Yea i've got a 3007WFP-HC myself and was looking at getting two of those 3008WFPs. I would have needed to upgrade my desk/video card but I think i've watched all of those you tube videos, some multiple times, and at times it seems like it'd be worth it.

Were you able to discern the input lag difference between the two models? That was one of the concerns I had of had especially in an eyefinity setting.

Were you able to discern the input lag difference between the two models? That was one of the concerns I had of had especially in an eyefinity setting.

Not really. That was my biggest concern and why I brought one of each to compare. I am no expert on input lag, but although differences did exist, they were not signficant and were definately not deal breakers for me. The main reasons I kept the 3008WFP were the input options and the picture quality.

On a side note, since the 3008WFP has a DP input, you could save $100 on an active adapter.

I find having two 30" is way too much. I have to go all the way to left/right field to see all the screen.

I might just get a 20" prortait or two to complement my 30".

BTW, the bing thing is over. I dont know if it will comes back. I heard ebay buck is over also.

Too bad the 3007 doesn't have HDMI. Else it would be mine. Lol.

Anyone else get a return shipping label and instructions on how to return a defective 3008wfp?

Mine came and the screen is perfect but the stand leans to the right, I think it is because fedex roughed it up. The box has a pretty big hole in it.

Anyone else get a return shipping label and instructions on how to return a defective 3008wfp?

Mine came and the screen is perfect but the stand leans to the right, I think it is because fedex roughed it up. The box has a pretty big hole in it.

Message the seller back and he will typically arrange for a replacement to be sent directly to you. Put the defective monitor back into the same box it arrived in, remove all shipping labels, barcodes etc stuck to the box, paste the return shipping label on (red label) and arrange for Fedex to pick it up (or drop it off). You can always wait for the replacement to arrive before sending off the defective unit as well.

Note: I had to return two that had defective screens before getting one I was happy with, so nothing is ever guaranteed. Good luck

I was messing with my 3007wfp-hc and noticed something.. I couldnt get it to go in portrait mode.. does the 3007 stand not support this?

If my video card only has 2 DVI outs, can I not use 2 LCDs if I get this monitor since it itself requires dual link DVI?

Message the seller back and he will typically arrange for a replacement to be sent directly to you. Put the defective monitor back into the same box it arrived in, remove all shipping labels, barcodes etc stuck to the box, paste the return shipping label on (red label) and arrange for Fedex to pick it up (or drop it off). You can always wait for the replacement to arrive before sending off the defective unit as well.

Note: I had to return two that had defective screens before getting one I was happy with, so nothing is ever guaranteed. Good luck

He said he would send me a stand which is what I want because the screen is perfect and I don't want to exchange it. Pretty sure it is fedex's fault that it is leaning, the box was seriously messed up when I found it on my porch. Fist sized hole on one side and another side had a 7 inch gash. I really dislike fedex, I personally have had too many problems with them but 0 with ups.

If my video card only has 2 DVI outs, can I not use 2 LCDs if I get this monitor since it itself requires dual link DVI?

I ran my 3007 and dell 20" on a 7900GT for years, worked fine.
Running them both ona 9500GT now.

I've looked into getting a 30" lcd a few times. For me personally it would be for workspace. That is, desktop real estate for apps (photoshop, 3d modeling, browsers, chat, etc) and their toolbars. I've had dual monitors for quite awhile. At one point I had a large 37" 1080p in the mix too. For me I've decided that the best size for a desk is 20" to 30".

If I were to get one of these I would pair it with a 1080p/ or x1200 multimedia playback (gaming/movie) monitor with a very fast response time. As for usability during gaming - unfortunately a lot of games take large performance hit when running in windowed mode + maximized, if they even have that mode as an option. Several years ago, I used to run WoW on one of dual monitors, in windowed + maximized mode. This allowed me to scroll the mouse off the game screen and on to the windows desktop of the other monitor seamlessly. It resulted in a performance hit though, and now with the "ultra" mode in WoW I'd be completely unsatisfied with the fps in windowed+maximized mode anymore. Other more demanding fps games usually don't even have such an option to start with. Therefore I have to alt-tab if I want to use the other monitors in dual or triple setups while gaming. My other option is using my laptop on one of the other monitors when I'm gaming, and jumping between peripherals or using a usb kvm for the peripherals. That or just use the laptop on the side..

I really dislike the bezels in triple monitor mode gaming (triple head to go, eyefinity), so I'm not even going to go there. If I had the $ I'd probably have a 30" 2560x1600 alongside (or perhaps even on each side of) a 28" - 32" 1080p 'multimedia playing' screen with very high response time and no input lag issues. As it is now I have a fast tn lcd + a 24" fw900 "graphics professional" crt paired up at my main desk.

By the way, I've found one of the best tests for response time and input lag for gaming for me is rockband2. The lyrics are vibrant neon with an aura. They scroll by quickly on an inky black background and look terribly blurry on lcds with inferior response times. The input lag vs the playing of notes on the guitar is a bit subjective, being calibrated "by eye" using the in game metronome with your guitar clicks in time, but this can give a good-though-rough idea of how bad the input lag is.

Just thought I'd post these thoughts and insights here since I've revisited the idea of buying a 30" 2560x1600 several times over the years when these kind of deal threads pop up. Perhaps someday I'll snag one. :cool:

i just pulled the trigger... woowwwww gonna have fun explaining that one;)

so far it is just like everyone said, he doesn't give you any tracking number, and it just shows up on your doorsteps. I havn't gotten mine yet so I hope it shows up sometime this week. I think he sells 10 or so and then he secures all of the from dell and after that he will list some more. I didn't see one on listing for a 2 days or so. I think he is probably being careful about over selling.

Are you ok? I am not upset that you got a good deal, if you bought a product listed as refurb on ebay and you are calling it new then I will leave that up to you whether or not you have a problem differentiating between a refurb and a new monitor, if you want to think it's new go ahead I'm not going to stop you. But nobody should state in a hot deal thread that these are new when they are listed as refurbs.

I am sorry but I have got to give up on you since you seem to be unable to register in your head what I said.... As I said I got a new one, was not expecting to get one but I got a N E W ONE, yes a N E W one...:)

I am sorry but I have got to give up on you since you seem to be unable to register in your head what I said.... As I said I got a new one, was not expecting to get one but I got a N E W ONE, yes a N E W one...:)

lol good one. Enjoy.

GJ. My "used" car is also a new one cuz' it came with these nice floor covers and smelled new. I got a new car!

If you say so.

It's not completely unheard of that Dell has sometimes slapped a refurb sticker on a brand new box to dump excess inventory if the seller is indeed drop-shipping from Dell then there's a chance it might be brand new but labeled as a refurb. On the other hand I wouldn't go so far as to say there's a good chance of it happening, as it seems to completely depend on Dell and pure luck of the draw.

I got a new one too. I did the service thing with the 3 button last night and HOUR said: 121h 40 min. But outside of box said refurbished. Which one do I believe?

It's not completely unheard of that Dell has sometimes slapped a refurb sticker on a brand new box to dump excess inventory if the seller is indeed drop-shipping from Dell then there's a chance it might be brand new but labeled as a refurb. On the other hand I wouldn't go so far as to say there's a good chance of it happening, as it seems to completely depend on Dell and pure luck of the draw.

Neb, mine came in a orange plastic bag all seal and need a knife to cut it out. The stand and bezel and back got tape on it. Can it be new? See my post above also.

Neb, mine came in a orange plastic bag all seal and need a knife to cut it out. The stand and bezel and back got tape on it. Can it be new? See my post above also.

You got a refurb, box said refurb and hour time is high. Mine is a refurb also and came sealed in a pink bag that I had to cut with a knife to open and the stand had stickers on it.

btw this is the best ebay seller I have ever purchased from, he said he would send me out a new stand for mine that is crooked. He is always curtious, just a little slow on shipping but that might be dell.

Refurb sticker + high hour time = refurb.

Packaging on a refurb monitor is often times equal to the packaging and wrapping of a new monitor. Honestly, if the monitor works fine and the warranty checks out, why worry whether you got a new or refurb?

I got a new one too. I did the service thing with the 3 button last night and HOUR said: 121h 40 min. But outside of box said refurbished. Which one do I believe?

Are you an idiot? You just said it's been used 121 hours 40 minutes and are still convincing yourself it's new. Lmaoroflomgwtfbbq, can someone help me out with more acronyms?

121 hour / 24 hours thats like 4-5 days. How can that be high? It could be Dell burn in for 100 hours? LOL Whats that bbq thing?

121 hour / 24 hours thats like 4-5 days. How can that be high? It could be Dell burn in for 100 hours? LOL Whats that bbq thing?

Listen to yourself. 100 hours...do you really think Dell does a power on test for a little over four days for every new monitor they make? Remember, there are no moving parts in a monitor nor anything that really requires warm-up/burn-in. chong67, your monitor is NOT new.

I know its not new. But 121 hours that is not a bad refurbished right? Maybe somebody own in for less than 1 month? Can you safely say that?

I also try to google Lmaoroflomgwtfbbq ... so whats up with that bbq ???

guys from what I think most of the refurb models are probably the ones pulled of assembly line for testing, if found any issues they fix them, if they don't they still repack them and sell them as refurb. Every company does this, not all refurbs are returned, actually most of them aren't. They always test products for quality. For instance they will pull 30-40 out of every thousand produced, they can't sell the ones they pull of for testing as new, so they sell them as refurbs. This is how they find out about the quality of the product.

I know its not new. But 121 hours that is not a bad refurbished right? Maybe somebody own in for less than 1 month? Can you safely say that?

I also try to google Lmaoroflomgwtfbbq ... so whats up with that bbq ???

yes, it's not a bad refurbished. You can say like-new, but when you say your refurb is "new" it's easy for someone to read it as if you received a brand new monitor as opposed to a refurb. It would seem that was the case here and you meant your monitor was like-new when you said new.

In fact, I am fine with my refurbished. I know I am not getting a new monitor for sure. Some said they got it new, if you read few posts back.

I can say it is like new. It sure beat the heck getting a store demo which had been on for many hours per day! Thats for sure.

I ordered one last friday and it hasn't shipped. I've sent the guy 2 messages and he doesn't really seem to know when it will ship or seem to care whether it ever does or not.

Back