Dell 3008WFP $860 Refurb, 2 Yr Dell Warranty

I got my monitor just now. I order it this past Sunday. He didnt ship it overnight. Dell it. It says it comes from Dell. Outside of box said refurb too. Did some of you get it new? But Dell always do a good job with their refurb.

Mine came with nothing except the monitor seal up. No power cord, no cables and no flyer. Right now I am using the power and DVI cord from my 2 yr old 3007.

The 3008 screen is clearer and not as muddy with AG coating as the 3007.

I just ordered one, does it use the same powercord as any other monitor or is something dell specific?

I have a bunch of powercords laying around from old CRTs...can I use one of those or is this going to be a pain in the ass?

If even the refurb sellers are selling these this low, I wonder if an updated 30" is around the corner

Why only this seller it and not Dell if they want to dump it?

I use my DVD cable from my 2405fp and that didnt work on my 3008 or 3007.

Get a DVD-D cable? Look for the D ?

I got my monitor just now. I order it this past Sunday. He didnt ship it overnight. Dell it. It says it comes from Dell. Outside of box said refurb too. Did some of you get it new? But Dell always do a good job with their refurb.

Mine came with nothing except the monitor seal up. No power cord, no cables and no flyer. Right now I am using the power and DVI cord from my 2 yr old 3007.

The 3008 screen is clearer and not as muddy with AG coating as the 3007.

I ordered mine monday at 1:00 am so should mine come monday? I hope so, did he tell you that he shipped it?

I order mine this past Sunday and I got it yesterday Friday. I email him right away after I pay and ask for tracking #. On Wed, I ask for tracking #. Both times he repied within 1/2 day but he never gets me one. Mine was overnight from Dell directly and it say Refurb on the label. I got a nice color printout that says nothing is included except the monitor. Come to think of it, I dont have the USB cable too. Go to your local computer store if you want to get your monitor working right away.

I remember when I bought mine I was worried I wouldnt get any cables so I bought some from monoprice. I lucked out & apparently got a new monitor from him & not a refurb. Mine also came with all the cables as well. It seems to be hit or miss with this seller on whether you get a refurb or not.

I remember when I bought mine I was worried I wouldnt get any cables so I bought some from monoprice. I lucked out & apparently got a new monitor from him & not a refurb. Mine also came with all the cables as well. It seems to be hit or miss with this seller on whether you get a refurb or not.

They are all refurbs, dell refurbs come like new, you shouldn't even be able to tell its a refurb. I have gotten dell refurbs before, they are great. I thought it was weird that some shipped without cables since all the refurbs I have gotten have shipped with everything a normal dell screen ships with.

They are all refurbs, dell refurbs come like new, you shouldn't even be able to tell its a refurb. I have gotten dell refurbs before, they are great. I thought it was weird that some shipped without cables since all the refurbs I have gotten have shipped with everything a normal dell screen ships with.

Ive had dell refurbs before & the 3008 I got from ebay from this guy wasnt a refurb.

Ive had dell refurbs before & the 3008 I got from ebay from this guy wasnt a refurb.

How do you know it wasn't a refurb? I'd say the only way to truly tell would be to check the lamp time in the service menu, even then that might not help because a number of parts might have been replaced if it is a refurb. Nobody is going to sell a new monitor as a refurb and sell it at a refurb price. Dell certainly isn't going to do it either because you have to tell them to give you a new monitor instead of a refurb if your new monitor you just bought has problems and you need to exchange it.

I don't want to doubt you but I just don't see it likely that a man with special connections at dell is going to sell a new monitor as refurbished at a refurbished price.

Why only this seller it and not Dell if they want to dump it?

I use my DVD cable from my 2405fp and that didnt work on my 3008 or 3007.

Get a DVD-D cable? Look for the D ?

You need one Dual Link DVI-D cable.

How do you know it wasn't a refurb? I'd say the only way to truly tell would be to check the lamp time in the service menu, even then that might not help because a number of parts might have been replaced if it is a refurb. Nobody is going to sell a new monitor as a refurb and sell it at a refurb price. Dell certainly isn't going to do it either because you have to tell them to give you a new monitor instead of a refurb if your new monitor you just bought has problems and you need to exchange it.

I don't want to doubt you but I just don't see it likely that a man with special connections at dell is going to sell a new monitor as refurbished at a refurbished price.

I've heard these are shipping straight from dell. Which means the seller isn't buying them until he sells on on ebay.

Its possible at times he oversells the actual dell inventory of 3008 refurbs and therefore has to send a new one.

I've heard these are shipping straight from dell. Which means the seller isn't buying them until he sells on on ebay.

Its possible at times he oversells the actual dell inventory of 3008 refurbs and therefore has to send a new one.

While that could be possible it is very unlikely. Pretty sure dell would still rather give him a refurb and have one less for someone that might use that refurb on a warranty claim than to give him a new monitor. While it is possible it would be very unlikely to me.

How does it work? Why does Dell use somebody else to sell their refurb? Why cant Dell do it themselves?

Those that got it new, does your outside box say anything about "Refurbished" ?

How does it work? Why does Dell use somebody else to sell their refurb? Why cant Dell do it themselves?

It's a guy that probably has connections with someone in dell to get these at this price, dell sells refurbs on their site in the outlet store. And I highly doubt anyone got a new one, if you read a few posts up you'll see why.

My 3008WFP is brand new. The 3007WFP-HC came in a grey box, packed in orange plastic bag and without cables. However, it did smell new and there was a note inside the box to keep the original cables since Dell will not ship them back.

http://s840.photobucket.com/home/pkdpkd

My 3008WFP is brand new. The 3007WFP-HC came in a grey box, packed in orange plastic bag and without cables. However, it did smell new and there was a note inside the box to keep the original cables since Dell will not ship them back.

Please can you show me where it says new? I am highly doubtful of this, Dell refurbs often come like new and the only way to tell that it is a refurb is if you bought it as a refurb. Please prove me wrong if I am wrong. I am willing to admit it.

How do games play on this (8ms response time) vs a normal 1080p with 2-3ms response time?

"normal" screens are usually tn panels which have faster response times but poor color reproduction. Most people wont notice any ghosting on a 8ms response time, and you will get alot better color reproduction with this screen.

Please can you show me where it says new? I am highly doubtful of this, Dell refurbs often come like new and the only way to tell that it is a refurb is if you bought it as a refurb. Please prove me wrong if I am wrong. I am willing to admit it.

Who cares who's right or wrong? New or refurb, this is a fantastic deal for this monitor. I and several others are pretty sure our monitors are brand new, but even if they're refurbs they are indistinguishable from new and come with enough warranty that it's not a concern. Mine came with no dead pixels, all cables, sealed in a new 3008WFP box with all protective foam/plastic on the bezel/etc...I've received quite a few refurbed Dell monitors at work for warranty replacements and it has been obvious that they were refurbs by the packing, labeling, etc. My 3008WFP was packaged as a brand new one would be, so I've a strong suspicion that it is, but even if it's not I'm more than happy with it for this price as there is nothing that would lead me to believe it has been used. :)

Mine is package in orange plastic bag and seal too and without cables. It does smell new. Trust me, Dell does a good job with refurbished. I have bought refurb desktop(not anymore) and laptop from them and I always like going to their outlet store.

Is that an IKEA Frederick desk? If so, are you using both the top shelves? Or will the monitor fit with only one?

Who cares who's right or wrong? New or refurb, this is a fantastic deal for this monitor. I and several others are pretty sure our monitors are brand new, but even if they're refurbs they are indistinguishable from new and come with enough warranty that it's not a concern. Mine came with no dead pixels, all cables, sealed in a new 3008WFP box with all protective foam/plastic on the bezel/etc...I've received quite a few refurbed Dell monitors at work for warranty replacements and it has been obvious that they were refurbs by the packing, labeling, etc. My 3008WFP was packaged as a brand new one would be, so I've a strong suspicion that it is, but even if it's not I'm more than happy with it for this price as there is nothing that would lead me to believe it has been used. :)

It matters because you are trying to convince people they might get a new monitor for the price of a refurb. I would be pretty mad if I bought a monitor that I thought was new and it turned out to be a refurb. Like I said many times before many refurb monitors come like new, all the refurb monitors I have recieve have come in the exact same packaging. Maybe the lower grade monitors get different refurb service I don't know but I have always bought the ips dell monitors and the refurbs always come like the new monitors. You may have a suspicion that it is new but everything points to it being a refurb especially since you bought it as a refurb.

It matters because you are trying to convince people they might get a new monitor for the price of a refurb. I would be pretty mad if I bought a monitor that I thought was new and it turned out to be a refurb. Like I said many times before many refurb monitors come like new, all the refurb monitors I have recieve have come in the exact same packaging. Maybe the lower grade monitors get different refurb service I don't know but I have always bought the ips dell monitors and the refurbs always come like the new monitors. You may have a suspicion that it is new but everything points to it being a refurb especially since you bought it as a refurb.

But I didn't buy the monitor thinking it would be new...the auction title said it was refurbished and when I (and others) received monitors that appeared to be brand new, we were pleasantly surprised. One would think that all of the refurbs would be packaged the same way. Some received monitors with the plain brown box, orange plastic bag, etc. that is indicative of a refurb while others received monitors that are packaged just like a brand new one. It could be all wishful thinking, but as I said, I'm not worried about it. I purchased the monitor thinking it would be a refurb, as anyone should when buying from this seller should, and if we somehow lucked up and received new monitors because the seller oversold or because of a mistake, then good for us. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. As always, buy at your own risk. But if you purchase it from an auction that labels it a refurb in the title, and it looks and functions like a brand new one (and has 2-4 years or warranty to boot), then you've gotten a good buy IMO. Whether it's new or refurbished, I'm 100% happy with the purchase and got a monitor that usually sells for MUCH more at a very reasonable price.

But I didn't buy the monitor thinking it would be new...the auction title said it was refurbished and when I (and others) received monitors that appeared to be brand new, we were pleasantly surprised. One would think that all of the refurbs would be packaged the same way. Some received monitors with the plain brown box, orange plastic bag, etc. that is indicative of a refurb while others received monitors that are packaged just like a brand new one. It could be all wishful thinking, but as I said, I'm not worried about it. I purchased the monitor thinking it would be a refurb, as anyone should when buying from this seller should, and if we somehow lucked up and received new monitors because the seller oversold or because of a mistake, then good for us. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. As always, buy at your own risk. But if you purchase it from an auction that labels it a refurb in the title, and it looks and functions like a brand new one (and has 2-4 years or warranty to boot), then you've gotten a good buy IMO. Whether it's new or refurbished, I'm 100% happy with the purchase and got a monitor that usually sells for MUCH more at a very reasonable price.

Never said you thought it was new when you first bought it before you received it, and by stating you or anyone has a " brand new" monitor you are trying to convince people that you have a new one which could come with it that they think they have a chance at a new one. If you just look at the auction it has a picture of your standard new dell box yet it says refurb. I have never said it wasn't a good deal, I indeed bought one and even said it on the first page. The whole point to this is that you are stating it is new and that is misleading others who read the thread.

Sigh, I'm not stating that I guarantee 100% that it is new. Simply saying that mine (and others) "appeared" to be new vs. the obvious refurbs that were packaged differently for some people. That's all. I'm not trying to mislead anyone so please stop saying that. If that were the case I would say "I purchased one of these and I'm positive it was brand new. Anyone who buys from this seller will get a new 3008WFP for the price of a refurb!"

I'm just stating that I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and that my monitor by all accounts looks and functions like a new one. If it is a refurb, I'm extremely impressed. Just saying the refurbs we get at work are always marked and packaged as refurbished, and this was not. I'm not saying that I'm sure mine is new, or that I can guarantee anyone will receive a new one. Not sure how I can make it any clearer than that. No hard feelings -- have a good night!

Sigh, I'm not stating that I guarantee 100% that it is new. Simply saying that mine (and others) "appeared" to be new vs. the obvious refurbs that were packaged differently for some people. That's all. I'm not trying to mislead anyone so please stop saying that. If that were the case I would say "I purchased one of these and I'm positive it was brand new. Anyone who buys from this seller will get a new 3008WFP for the price of a refurb!"

I'm just stating that I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and that my monitor by all accounts looks and functions like a new one. If it is a refurb, I'm extremely impressed. Just saying the refurbs we get at work are always marked and packaged as refurbished, and this was not. I'm not saying that I'm sure mine is new, or that I can guarantee anyone will receive a new one. Not sure how I can make it any clearer than that. No hard feelings -- have a good night!

I didn't say you were intentionally trying to mislead but I said and meant was that anyone who states that it is new is misleading people whether they are doing it intentionally or unintentionally. Big difference between doing something unintentionally and intentionally.

Are you ok? Are you upset because I got a brand new 3008WFP with a 4 year warranty for $717? Are you saying I am unable to differentiate between a new and a refurbished product? I bought two 30 inch refurbs from Dell last year and they came in the same shoddy box as 3007WFP-HC from ebay.

Did you smell yours?;) Mine also came with all the protective foam/plastic and smelled new for over two weeks..... The 3007WFP-HC I got from them came in a grey box without any cables but for $650 it does not get any better.

To sum it up, I spent a total of $1367 on two great monitors.:D

Are you ok? Are you upset because I got a brand new 3008WFP with a 4 year warranty for $717? Are you saying I am unable to differentiate between a new and a refurbished product? I bought two 30 inch refurbs from Dell last year and they came in the same shoddy box as 3007WFP-HC from ebay.
I got a refurb Dell 2208WFP and by all means it looked like new - packaging, seals and all that. So me too, don't know how you can differentiate new and some of the dell's refurbs. Is it because of the 4 year warranty? Then why not just say it but do the whole 'are you ok' thing?

Are you ok? I am not upset that you got a good deal, if you bought a product listed as refurb on ebay and you are calling it new then I will leave that up to you whether or not you have a problem differentiating between a refurb and a new monitor, if you want to think it's new go ahead I'm not going to stop you. But nobody should state in a hot deal thread that these are new when they are listed as refurbs.

new, refurb, you guys need to quit arguing over something that is irrelevant, not everyone has connections with people at dell, if someone does good for them. For those who get the monitor for less then half the retail price, with 2 year warranty on top, it is a win win situation. I could care less if it comes with a brown or yellow or red box, as long as it works its good.

Please if the guy thinks it looks new let him be, I don't think he is trying to convince anyone. You are just being bit defensive for no appearent reason. People know they ordered a refurbished, I am sure they are not little kids who are gonna cry if their's isn't packaged like new.

new, refurb, you guys need to quit arguing over something that is irrelevant, not everyone has connections with people at dell, if someone does good for them. For those who get the monitor for less then half the retail price, with 2 year warranty on top, it is a win win situation. I could care less if it comes with a brown or yellow or red box, as long as it works its good.

Please if the guy thinks it looks new let him be, I don't think he is trying to convince anyone. You are just being bit defensive for no appearent reason. People know they ordered a refurbished, I am sure they are not little kids who are gonna cry if their's isn't packaged like new.

I'm being defensive because people think it is ok to state it is a new monitor when it clearly labeled that it isn't in the auction, I said earlier that if he want's to think it then that is fine but not to say it is new in a hot deals thread where the only point to the thread is to buy that monitor.

Pfft. New or Refurb, you guys should be happy that you're able to get these monitors AT ALL;). While people like me are reading your guys posts wishing for an unexpected $800 bonus by the weeks end :p

so is cash back currently dead with ebay?

bing? you just need to go to bing and type 3008wfp ebay and it will have a sponsered link at the top, click and look for the monitor and make sure it has a dollar sign buy it and you got to use buy it now.

bing? you just need to go to bing and type 3008wfp ebay and it will have a sponsered link at the top, click and look for the monitor and make sure it has a dollar sign buy it and you got to use buy it now.

Did you actually try this today? As far as I know Ebay has not been listed as a cashback store with bing for a few days now. I tried these instructions and didn't get a cashback icon with the Ebay result.

Did you actually try this today? As far as I know Ebay has not been listed as a cashback store with bing for a few days now. I tried these instructions and didn't get a cashback icon with the Ebay result.

Looks like cash back is not active at ebay at the moment.

In the end, i received 3 3008WFP monitors from this guy (I returned 2 due to stuck pixel issues), 2 came in full retail packaging, sealed up with protective plastic strips over all plastic surfaces, all cables etc, the other came in a standard brown box, in a bag, without cables etc and with a refurb label on the side.

So without reigniting the last page and a half of comments, as long as you are happy with whatever you got (new, refurb, whatever), then life is good.

In the end, i received 3 3008WFP monitors from this guy (I returned 2 due to stuck pixel issues), 2 came in full retail packaging, sealed up with protective plastic strips over all plastic surfaces, all cables etc, the other came in a standard brown box, in a bag, without cables etc and with a refurb label on the side.

I pray that these three monitors will be used in an eyefinity set up? If so please post pictures and videos so next time a deal pops up i'm able to talk myself into it :D

Back