Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

Honestly trying to get a photo is a nightmare as my Iphone emphasizes the lighter section of the screen. However if the screen is supposed to be perfectly black when displaying a black photo then it certainly fails at that. Is it supposed to be so black when showing a photo that you can't tell if it it's on or off? Also how rare is it to get one without backlight bleeding?

Hey, does anyone have that eBay seller's email address? I can't seem to find his eBay ID or email address, and I want to contact him to rectify the warranty on the 3008WFP that I purchased. I finally looked it up on Dell's site and it's not recognized (like many of yours) so I want to see if he'll fix it for me. If you could send me a PM it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks chong, that was it. I just sent him a message. Other people said that he was initially very responsive and resolved their warranty issue -- before the fiasco where he apparently oversold -- so we'll see (it's been months since the sale). I'll post with results. Still *extremely* happy with this monitor for the price I paid either way, though.

Lets all sent him a love letter. I am doing it now. I am extremely thankful to him for my 3008wfp too. Got 2 yr n 2 mth warrently left. I think he lost his special connection with Dell to sell those refurbished monitor. I am asking him to sell 3008wfp again.

Okay, reviving an old thread.

Anybody know where to get a 3008wfp for cheap(er) now that the U3011 is out? Or actually, is it still worth it to buy the older 3008wfp now that the newer version is out?

Anybody know where to get a 3008wfp for cheap(er) now that the U3011 is out? Or actually, is it still worth it to buy the older 3008wfp now that the newer version is out?

Check ebay, everyonce and while you will find refurbs for cheap, usually with some kind of a warranty. I got a refurb there for $800 with 4 year warranty.

I got the 2408wfp today from Dell outlet for $171 and it look so much better than my 3008wfp!

I cant tell difference in PVA vs IPS.

But as far as AG coating, the 2408wfp WINS! Its so clear. I find the 3008wfp to be a little muddy. 3007wfp muddy is the worst.

You have to see to believe it.

I just cant explain more.

I cant understand why the 2408 comes in 2 sec from wake up and the 3008wfp takes 5 sec.

Last edited:

You can grab U3011 for $900 at Dell outlet.

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody else who bought a 3008 from precisiontechexperts run into problems trying to get warranty work done? Here is my story(kind of long):

I bought a used 3008 monitor off Ebay back in Feb 2010 from precisiontechexperts. He was from an Ebay seller who was selling a lot of 3008s back then. he always had three or four for sale at any time. The wierd thing was it was shipped to me with one day shipping & came straight from Dell. The monitor was also, from what I could tell, brand new. I thought that was great, the service tag said I had over two years of warranty left so I was content. Fast forward to now. My monitor is having issues so I contact Dell tech support. They tell me it needs to be replaced so they set up a service request. A few days later I notice the service request was cancelled so I call Dell. Well after being sent around to several different agents is different departments, I end up talking with Dell Enterprise about my issues. They said the service request was canceled because they have a note that I had a warranty replacement done back in 2010 & I never sent back the original monitor. Well, that never happened. I bought the monitor from the guy on ebay the 23rd of Feb 2010, it was shipped overnight to me on Feb 25th of 2010 & I got it the 26th. I never initiated a service request with this monitor. The Dell rep says the replacement was shipped to me on the 25th of Feb, 2010. Thats the day the guy shipped it to me!! Something seems fishy. So I dig around on Paypal to check the transaction & also dig up the packing slip from the 3008. In the details on the paypal transaction the tracking number is recorded. I check the tracking number with the Fedex tracking number on the Dell packing slip I got & its the same. I also dig around in the box & find a prepaid Fedex return label which I must have missed. Anyway, the return label is addressed to be sent back to a business in Ohio(Decision One) & not Dell. This is weird. Somehow this guy was selling 3008s on Ebay & is having Dell send warranty replacements to the Ebay winners.

I guess Im pretty much screwed. My main concern, apart from my current 3008 issue, is that I have this "black mark" on my record with Dell for supposedly not returning a monitor I never had in the first place. Also, if Dell says I never sent the replacement monitor back how come this is the first Im hearing about it? I would have thought they would have come after me for the full monitor price? Also, why am I dealing with Dell Enterprise on this issue?

Anybody else who bought one of these from the seller have problems?

Last edited:

Oh wow, so the guy must have bought a handful of the monitors, then gamed Dell into sending out warranty replacements to the eBay buyers. Wonder how many times he was able to pull it off before anyone caught on.

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody else who bought a 3008 from precisiontechexperts run into problems trying to get warranty work done? Here is my story(kind of long):

I bought a used 3008 monitor off Ebay back in Feb 2010 from precisiontechexperts. He was from an Ebay seller who was selling a lot of 3008s back then. he always had three or four for sale at any time. The wierd thing was it was shipped to me with one day shipping & came straight from Dell. The monitor was also, from what I could tell, brand new. I thought that was great, the service tag said I had over two years of warranty left so I was content. Fast forward to now. My monitor is having issues so I contact Dell tech support. They tell me it needs to be replaced so they set up a service request. A few days later I notice the service request was cancelled so I call Dell. Well after being sent around to several different agents is different departments, I end up talking with Dell Enterprise about my issues. They said the service request was canceled because they have a note that I had a warranty replacement done back in 2010 & I never sent back the original monitor. Well, that never happened. I bought the monitor from the guy on ebay the 23rd of Feb 2010, it was shipped overnight to me on Feb 25th of 2010 & I got it the 26th. I never initiated a service request with this monitor. The Dell rep says the replacement was shipped to me on the 25th of Feb, 2010. Thats the day the guy shipped it to me!! Something seems fishy. So I dig around on Paypal to check the transaction & also dig up the packing slip from the 3008. In the details on the paypal transaction the tracking number is recorded. I check the tracking number with the Fedex tracking number on the Dell packing slip I got & its the same. I also dig around in the box & find a prepaid Fedex return label which I must have missed. Anyway, the return label is addressed to be sent back to the guy's business in Ohio(Decision One) & not Dell. This is weird. Somehow this guy was selling 3008s on Ebay & is having Dell send warranty replacements to the Ebay winners.

I guess Im pretty much screwed. My main concern, apart from my current 3008 issue, is that I have this "black mark" on my record with Dell for supposedly not returning a monitor I never had in the first place. Also, if Dell says I never sent the replacement monitor back how come this is the first Im hearing about it? I would have thought they would have come after me for the full monitor price? Also, why am I dealing with Dell Enterprise on this issue?

Anybody else who bought one of these from the seller have problems?

Wow this is crazy cause I bought it from the same seller from ebay for like $800 and it came directly from Dell and also was shipped to me really fast within a day.
my monitor looked niew even though it said rebranded on the package.

As of right now I dont have any issues (knock on wood)

Wow this is crazy cause I bought it from the same seller from ebay for like $800 and it came directly from Dell and also was shipped to me really fast within a day.
my monitor looked niew even though it said rebranded on the package.

As of right now I dont have any issues (knock on wood)

I hope Dell doesnt want these back since we essentially have a monitor that was obtained illegally by those two guys.

no they will not take it back from us. Whats done is done, and they got cut in the process.
I remember that that seller sold a lot of them. almost 2 monitors per day. I couldnt keep up with ebay, when I wanted to buy it it was always sold out. and day later it was up for grabs again.

Just a update: I found someone at Dell who was willing to help me out & I now have a 3011 to replace my 3008. Dell is awesome!

On a side note, Im surprised how cheap the 3011 seems compared to the 3008. The 3011 is all plastic, while the 3008 had a glass base with a metal arm & metal trim all around the LCD. Pic on the 3011 looks great though.

Hi everyone,

I had a problem that seems to be pretty widespread regarding the 3008 - one day my monitor simply shut off and is now dead to the world.

I've scoured a lot of forums, and found some really good source of info, especially in http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1602197. However, I simply do not have the engineering or technical ability to remove and re-solder components. I have looked everywhere for a repair shop that could work on my monitor, but all I get is the "buy a new one" stock response.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the D.C. / Virginia / Maryland area that could repair the monitor if they had the correct parts (that I can provide)?

Failing that, if anyone would like to make me an offer for the monitor then just P.M. me, as it's in great condition aside from the obvious flaw!

Grateful for any advice you can offer.

Back