Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

wag, for the same price I think this is the best one, why not go for more screen real estate if it doesnt cost extra?...I like photography as well and the resolution and screen size is what swayed me.

I realize this display has more real estate and slightly more resolution over the U2711 but it appears the later display has fixed some PQ issues that this one has? As an amateur photog more accuracy is always better (I don't plan to do any movie watching on either of these displays as they are in the same room as my large screen HDTV).

As for gaming, doesn't the 27" display have a lower lag (at least on paper anyways)?

I decided to get one. My wife deserves the best. (-: Since she spends more than 10 hours a day working in front of the computer she will be more than happy. It is going to look great paired with a 3007WFP-HC. Finally she will not have to use Samsung 245BW (terrible TN) for which I paid a lot money.

p.s. I always thought TN models are the best until I bought a refurbished 3007WFP-HC in January 2009.

I didn't get any tracking info, it just showed up. Did you get a refurb or the "Brand new" ones he lists now and then?

I, too, am quite interested in this deal, but how do you guys know whether the 3008WFP you're getting is 'Brand New'? His descriptions are ambiguous, and he's not really answering his emails. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Still conflicted between the 3008 and the U2711. I'd like to have the larger screen but I'm leaning heavily to the 2711 just because it has a newer panel and is getting stellar reviews.

I'm interested in this, but I'd say these are refurbs. His title says brand new, but description says brand new refurb, so thats what he must be sending out. Granted, they probably look new, but thats because Dell does a good job on refurbing them. Either way, a great price that I'm very temepted in.

K, just got off the phone with Dell, had to supply the service tag and serial number off the unit, it is indeed brand new, it was a replacement for an RMA'd unit. Precisiontechs are a community online esales vendor whatever that means. As for Warranty I have a 2yr once Precisiontechs replies to their request.

K, just got off the phone with Dell, had to supply the service tag and serial number off the unit, it is indeed brand new, it was a replacement for an RMA'd unit. Precisiontechs are a community online esales vendor whatever that means. As for Warranty I have a 2yr once Precisiontechs replies to their request.

Did they ask where you got the unit from? I send precisiontech an e-mail last night asking to register the warranty in my name and he responded in a timely manner.

Yea, I told him I bought it from Precisiontechs on Ebay but that I was worried about the warranty, he said that it was just a formality and he will email them for me. I assume that I should hear something soon. He did know who they were.

K, just got off the phone with Keith at Precisiontech, my warranty is now in place.

Just an update:

The last 3008 wfp I received from this seller was new. The other 2 were most definitely refurbs though.

Keep this in mind.

Modboxx, I paid $878 for a brand new 3008. I have seen him sell the odd 3007 but it seems to be not as often.

Iching,

I waited 4 days for mine. Ordered it Monday and got it by Thursday.

You use Buy it Now instead. I wasn't going to offer him a better price, what he was giving me was as good as I could get (IMO)...

I paid $808 with bing. I already own two 3007wfp-hc and so far so good.

Just an update:

The last 3008 wfp I received from this seller was new. The other 2 were most definitely refurbs though.

Keep this in mind.

So where there any dissappointing issues with the refurb units?

Really would like to take advantage of this price, but buying a refurb off of ebay is a little scary.

Refurb or not, fact of the matter is -- you get a 2 year warranty with Dell.

If it's damaged / dead pixeled -- just replace it!

You use Buy it Now instead. I wasn't going to offer him a better price, what he was giving me was as good as I could get (IMO)...

Thanks, I always thought that if it has "OBO" then it doesn't qualify for BC.

ooh..forgot about my $70 bcb. Mine still says pending..when does that go into your account?

Have many had pixel issues with their monitors?

Got a 3008WFP and it has a couple of bright pixels in the upper left quarter. This first monitor was new. Got a replacement, and this one has two bright pixels on opposite sides. The second monitor is definitely a refurb.

Do I just keep sending them back?

Kind of want to keep the new one, but with two bright pixels, I probably should not.

Have many had pixel issues with their monitors?

Got a 3008WFP and it has a couple of bright pixels in the upper left quarter. This first monitor was new. Got a replacement, and this one has two bright pixels on opposite sides. The second monitor is definitely a refurb.

Do I just keep sending them back?

Kind of want to keep the new one, but with two bright pixels, I probably should not.

Post some pics. Lower your brightness.:)

Post some pics. Lower your brightness.:)

Here is the first one that i got. There are two bright pixels next to each other. The other monitor has a green pixel on the right and a blue pixel down the bottom left. Apologies for the crappy quality (iphone only).

10.jpg

Those gotta go back. I can't tolerate one gimped pixel, not matter where the location is.

I sent a message to Precisiontech about a question I had before I bought one of the 3008. Its been 3 days and no response. A little to hit or miss for my liking.

Just got an email that they are out of stock on this monitor, really shady imo how they list this monitor very frequently and do not have it.

They sent me a message saying it is backordered and gave me some options. I am going to have to cancel it. I do not want to wait another two weeks and then another two week. A bit sad but I will live it . )-:

Back