Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

Okay, the monitor seems to be perfect (according to my relative), it's just missing cables. Sent an email to the guy asking him to send the cables... since a DVI-D cable is kinda hard to come by (I think?)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
and for getting your credit cards stolen..........jk Ive used them for years.

Ha. i saw that. Was trying to order cables for the 30" heading my way, but they disabled purchases pending their internal investigation. No foul play found. Although, if I was monoprice and i did find foul play, I wouldn't tell customers anything. I would just fix the issue. Just me i guess.

Well, the 3007WFP-HC arrived today (14 days total). Massive. No cables. There is a note in the enormous box stating that since this is a replacement unit, use the cables that came with the original.

Did notice a couple of things. Seems as like these are shipped directly from Dell themselves. I assume that means that since Dell has my name against this monitor, the warranty should be under me?? Any ideas??

Monitor looks in perfect condition. Still checking it out.

Anyone know how to check the amount of time a Dell monitor has been used for? I think there is some menu option for this.

Ha. i saw that. Was trying to order cables for the 30" heading my way, but they disabled purchases pending their internal investigation. No foul play found. Although, if I was monoprice and i did find foul play, I wouldn't tell customers anything. I would just fix the issue. Just me i guess.

Well, the 3007WFP-HC arrived today (14 days total). Massive. No cables. There is a note in the enormous box stating that since this is a replacement unit, use the cables that came with the original.

Did notice a couple of things. Seems as like these are shipped directly from Dell themselves. I assume that means that since Dell has my name against this monitor, the warranty should be under me?? Any ideas??

Monitor looks in perfect condition. Still checking it out.

Anyone know how to check the amount of time a Dell monitor has been used for? I think there is some menu option for this.

congrats! :D would love to take it off your hands some day :p

I'm now seeing that ebay link hit around ~999. How are you guys getting it for ~8xx? Has the price gone up?

I'm now seeing that ebay link hit around ~999. How are you guys getting it for ~8xx? Has the price gone up?

Are you talking about the link in this post?
Is this through ebay or can you also order refurb 3008s direct through Dell?

The reason I ask is that the only auction I see on ebay right now that could get anywhere close to ~$800 after BCB is this one and it claims that Dell is only offering 90 days from date of purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-3008WFP-A0...r_Monitors?hash=item439df0c57c#ht_1262wt_1165
That's not the seller everyone in this thread is discussing.

Here's the guy you're looking for.
http://myworld.ebay.com/precisiontechexperts/

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have one of the 3008wfp monitors from this seller and have two more inbound. Is anybody else planning to use three of these in eyefinity or surround? I'd be very interested in what graphics cards you plan to use.

Edit: Can anybody think of a monitor stand that could hold one of these in portrait mode? (Yeah I eventually want 5 of these together in portrait mode. Crazy I know)

Last edited:
Anyone know how to check the hours of a 3007WFP-HC? i.e. how much it has been used.

I remember reading this in a forum some time ago, but have no idea where. Not much on google that i can find.

I thought these suffered from horrid input lag compared to the 3007WFP and 3007WFP-HC? Is this not the case? I can't hardly find the older models anymore and would consider buying the 3008WFP if they are worth a damn.

I thought these suffered from horrid input lag compared to the 3007WFP and 3007WFP-HC? Is this not the case? I can't hardly find the older models anymore and would consider buying the 3008WFP if they are worth a damn.

No. I had been using my 3007WFP-HC for months and after getting the 3008WFP I noticed no perceptible difference. I'm sure many here will attest that they are able to game just fine on the 3008WFP. Since I have one of each, if I buy a third for Eyefinity it will be a 3008WFP unless I happen to find a 3007WFP-HC for significantly less. Go for it, it's one hell of a monitor.

I got this email from the eBay seller today:

Good evening A*****. My name is Keith and I want to personally thank you for your business with us tonight. Over the past few weeks we have been having issues with our systems on our end and want to say sorry for the lack of communication on our behalf. We have worked out our issues in regards to this and will work hard to any future customer to keep them happy and informed. Communication is key when it comes to online sales and as the owner of this company I feel it has been lacking. I understand you may need a cable set. If you can let us know if you do need one we will go out of our way to supply a set of cables and make sure you walk away a happy customer. If you have any and I mean any questions about your purchase please let me know. We thank you again for your business and am sorry for the slow shipping and lack of communication. Have a great night, and we look forward to future business with you A*****.

How true it is, I am not certain; but I guess any apology is better than no apology.

I'm interested in more thoughts on the 3008WFP. Anymore gamers want to chime in before I drop a ton of cash on some of these for Eyefinity?

Just got my 3008 from ebay, will check it out when I get off work and let you guys know how it turns out.

I'm interested in more thoughts on the 3008WFP. Anymore gamers want to chime in before I drop a ton of cash on some of these for Eyefinity?

i play cod4 like its my job with ~40 ping & fps pegged at 125. i finish on top often. if a faster monitor would help, i imagine it would only improve your kdr. if you're good, you can compete with this monitor... take it with a grain of salt... you might be picky or pro idk :)

ok so, one caveat to anyone considering this monitor....

the anti-glare coating is really distracting imo (especially on light colors). i cannot recommend this display to anyone who pixel peeps or scrutinizes for super sharp clarity. i spent the first few weeks trying to wipe the damn screen off, but it was clean :(

i play cod4 like its my job with ~40 ping & fps pegged at 125. i finish on top often. if a faster monitor would help, i imagine it would only improve your kdr. if you're good, you can compete with this monitor... take it with a grain of salt... you might be picky or pro idk :)

No, definitely not pro. Picky yes. I've physically felt input lag on some monitors. It is horrible and I'm afraid of throwing out that much cash on a monitor that might have noticable amounts of it.

ok so, one caveat to anyone considering this monitor....

the anti-glare coating is really distracting imo (especially on light colors). i cannot recommend this display to anyone who pixel peeps or scrutinizes for super sharp clarity. i spent the first few weeks trying to wipe the damn screen off, but it was clean :(

Well the anti-glare coating isn't for everyone. However I can't stand glossy displays. The reflections I see in them drive me nuts.

K, just opened up the box, it looks like a new product, it has a bunch of cables and a letter from Dell saying this is a warranty replacement and to return the defective unit. wtf. Did you guys get that?

K, just opened up the box, it looks like a new product, it has a bunch of cables and a letter from Dell saying this is a warranty replacement and to return the defective unit. wtf. Did you guys get that?

whoever sold it on ebay probably got an RMA from dell and just sold the replacement. idk if dell ships refurbs for that purpose? i'd expect a seller to disclose that it's an RMA replacement if that's the fact.

which revision is it? it's probably fine as long as you have the full warranty yourself. you can doublecheck that by entering your dell asset tag online i think. go check it

But this shipped directly from Dell, k just checked the dell website like u said and the service tag number is coming back as unidentifiable. I need to contact the seller for his details to transfer ownership. hmm

No, definitely not pro. Picky yes. I've physically felt input lag on some monitors. It is horrible and I'm afraid of throwing out that much cash on a monitor that might have noticeable amounts of it.

With this seller, you are restricted to one monitor every 10 days through e-bay. You could always get 1 and test it out. If you don't like it, sell it on. I just got the 3007WFP and i notice a tiny bit of blur when i move the cursor fast in MW2. Still getting used to the size though, so will check back in a) when i get used to it, and b) when the 3008WFP arrives for comparison purposes.

Well, it turns out that the monitor I got is indeed brand new :

Brand NEW! Dell 3008WFP LCD Monitor 30" Rev. A03 (didnt notice that on the ebay description).

It's an absolute beauty to behold, now I just got to figure out how to get the warranty in my name.

Brand NEW! Dell 3008WFP LCD Monitor 30" Rev. A03 (didnt notice that on the ebay description).

It's an absolute beauty to behold, now I just got to figure out how to get the warranty in my name.

Did you buy from this guy? Did you get the warranty? I assume the service tag does not work when you check online? The warranty has to be transferred to you by the original owner. I would get another 30 display but the lack of warranty worries me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-NEW-Dell-...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item3a5939aebb

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey Iching,

Yes that's the guy I got mine from.

I have an email into the Ebay guy (precisiontech) to find out his details...but judging from his reputation Im not holding my breath to get a reply. The service tag is not recognised by Dell online so im going to call them Monday.

But I must say that the monitor works awesome with games...from a 2ms Asus to this and I do not see any lag.

I thought the 3008WFP that he's selling are factory refurbished?

I have two of these 3008wfp monitors from precisiontechexperts (with a third one still inbound any day now) and neither one has had the warranty show up and be valid on the dell support site right away. The Dell support site said that the first monitor's service tag was invalid. I sent an email to precisiontechexperts (through ebay) and it took them a couple of days to respond, but they finally did and said they would take care of it. A few more days after that and they had the issue fixed. The Dell support site now shows the service tag of the first monitor as being not only valid, but also having two years + two months of advanced replacement warranty left. GREAT!

As for the second monitor, its service tag shows up as valid but it shows as not having any warranty at all. Yesterday I sent another email to precisiontechexperts about this second monitor's warranty but haven't received any response yet. I'm sure they are going to help me though. I'll report back when the warranty issue is fixed.

Oh, and they are both beautiful monitors with no dead pixels and no other problems that I can tell. And I don't notice any input lag playing fast-paced FPS on this monitor. Though, I should say that I'm only a casual FPS player so maybe I'm not attuned to that sort of thing.

Hey Iching,

Yes that's the guy I got mine from.

I have an email into the Ebay guy (precisiontech) to find out his details...but judging from his reputation Im not holding my breath to get a reply. The service tag is not recognised by Dell online so im going to call them Monday.

But I must say that the monitor works awesome with games...from a 2ms Asus to this and I do not see any lag.

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. It seems the seller is not the most talkative type. I am really tempted by this deal but I need to be sure there is at least some warranty.:) As far as I know they need to transfer the warranty from the original owner to you.

I hear ya man, $900 is a lot of money with no assurance but I somehow have faith, and Jenneth I too thought it was refurbished but this is brand new...I see he has another brand new one for sale right now. No regrets here.

Good luck with your purchases guys.

I hear ya man, $900 is a lot of money with no assurance but I somehow have faith, and Jenneth I too thought it was refurbished but this is brand new...I see he has another brand new one for sale right now. No regrets here.

Good luck with your purchases guys.

Was the box stand vertical or flat? Did it come with cables?

I know I'm not the one being asked, but I've gotten two of these so far. One appeared to be brand new in a vertical box with all the cables included. The second one was in a box that lays flat on its side. This one doesn't look brand new as it didn't have all of the sealing foam and tape of the first one and has some marks on the outside edge of the left bezel (though the marks can't be seen from the front). This one also didn't have any cables whatsoever and had a note in it saying that it was an RMA replacement and to use the cables from the "original" monitor that was being replaced. I have a message in to the seller to ask for my cables and to have the missing warranty set up.

I know I'm not the one being asked, but I've gotten two of these so far. One appeared to be brand new in a vertical box with all the cables included. The second one was in a box that lays flat on its side. This one doesn't look brand new as it didn't have all of the sealing foam and tape of the first one and has some marks on the outside edge of the left bezel (though the marks can't be seen from the front). This one also didn't have any cables whatsoever and had a note in it saying that it was an RMA replacement and to use the cables from the "original" monitor that was being replaced. I have a message in to the seller to ask for my cables and to have the missing warranty set up.

The more information the better.:) The deal looks really great.:)

Dan, I absolutely loved my 3008 for gaming. I had wanted a 3007wfp-hc because of the input lag "issue" but I ended up with a 3008. Really couldn't tell that there was any lag. I'm not a real competitive gamer, mostly play the single player campaigns but I never had any issues whopping ass in CS:S or MW2 on the 3008.

Shame to have the 3008 sitting in the box after going to 3x22" Eyefinity. Gotta have that 140 degree FOV though.

Mine was stood up and it came with a large selection of cables, cleaning cloth, manual with cd and a nice little Dell badge. I'll take some pics and post here
Very high quality brushed metal and no blemishes or dead pixels at all....very nice.

5mh2ti.jpg

and4j7.jpg

2mhbb5.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was stood up and it came with a large selection of cables, cleaning cloth, manual with cd and a nice little Dell badge. I'll take some pics and post here
Very high quality brushed metal and no blemishes or dead pixels at all....very nice.

5mh2ti.jpg

and4j7.jpg

2mhbb5.jpg

Fantastic! It looks brand new to me. How long did you have to wait to get yours? Did you check your warranty?

^ Mine came the same way. All cables, protective covers all over the monitor, etc. Absolutely indistinguishable from a brand new one. Very very pleased; it arrived pretty quickly (within 5 days I think?) and I didn't have any problems getting a timely response when I sent him a message after the sale. If I get a third it'll more than likely be from him.

^ Mine came the same way. All cables, protective covers all over the monitor, etc. Absolutely indistinguishable from a brand new one. Very very pleased; it arrived pretty quickly (within 5 days I think?) and I didn't have any problems getting a timely response when I sent him a message after the sale. If I get a third it'll more than likely be from him.

Again, what about your warranty? Thanks!:)

I ordered mine on Monday and it came by Thursday. As for the warranty Im still waiting to hear from Precisiontech.

Between this one and the U2711 which one is the better display? I do light web-surfing, gaming and am an amateur photog. They're both approx the same price.

Back