Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

Is the 3008 any good for gaming?..I've seen reviews say that there is ghosting but I dont know if that was a previous revision. Looking at an A03 Rev.

Thanks

Is the 3008 any good for gaming?..I've seen reviews say that there is ghosting but I dont know if that was a previous revision. Looking at an A03 Rev.

Thanks

The 3008WFP is great for gaming; there are quite a few of us here that own them.

Don't let the input lag BS put you off...I also own a 3007WFP-HC and didn't feel that the 3008WFP hindered my gaming performance. At the current price on eBay (~$800 after BCB) it's a fantastic buy.

Well, tomorrow's the big day (precisiontechexperts supposedly only ships on Mondays). If I don't get a notification of shipping or a response to my emails I'm going to start getting pretty mad... :mad:

Hey Akwok, keep us updated as im very close to pulling the trigger on a 3008.

Thanks and good luck.

The 3008WFP is great for gaming; there are quite a few of us here that own them.

Don't let the input lag BS put you off...I also own a 3007WFP-HC and didn't feel that the 3008WFP hindered my gaming performance. At the current price on eBay (~$800 after BCB) it's a fantastic buy.

You're talking about a refurbished model though, correct? I don't see how you can get a new one for ~$800.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Greens,

The seller is precisiontechexperts and he has 5 available right now for $878 with 2 yr warranty.

Guys, how does Dell warranty works thru ebay seller?
I assume Dell would want to see the original order receipt with your name when you make any warranty claim? Would Dell honor such warranty at all?

Thanks in advance.

Good question db, not sure how that works..anyone?

Just pulled the trigger ona 3008 from this seller....i'll let you know how that goes.

It's been 2 weeks now, no communication, no shipping notification, nothing. Getting pretty annoyed, and have sent another email asking where the hell my 3007WFP is...

For warranty, Dell required original buyer's address, phone #, and order #.

Thats a little worrying ak.....Hopefully it gets delivered soon. Has he not replied to any emails?

Thats a little worrying ak.....Hopefully it gets delivered soon. Has he not replied to any emails?
He doesn't seem to reply to emails. In my case it took him 6 business days to ship my monitor (Ordered on March 6. Shipped on March 15).

The only email I got from the seller was through Paypal containing a tracking number telling me he shipped my package the day before and that it would arrive that day.

I just hope that there isn't anything wrong with my 3007WFP when it arrives... I can't even begin to fathom how much fun it'd be to try to get an exchange from this guy :mad:

For warranty, Dell required original buyer's address, phone #, and order #.

Thanks, Tai. That's what I heard as well.
Does that mean the ebay seller would provide this info to the buyer and will be able to use this warranty? Since it's stating that "... with Dell Factory 2 Year Warranty" in the description.

Damn, I want to bite on this but the old addage 'if it's too good to be true' comes to mind.

Thanks, Tai. That's what I heard as well.
Does that mean the ebay seller would provide this info to the buyer and will be able to use this warranty? Since it's stating that "... with Dell Factory 2 Year Warranty" in the description.

I doubt they will provide you with the receipt and most likely they are not original buyers. Becareful when you purchase these from ebay.

It looks like he has a lot of positive feedback...besides the non-communication comments.

I hope those monitors work because according to his feedback he will just ignore you.

Got a reply!

We should be shipping tomorrow. If you have any other questions feel free to let us know. THanks for your business and have a great day.

We'll see what happens tomorrow :D

That is the exact same response I got when I was getting mine, unfortunately it took another two weeks to get after I got that email. Best of luck though - I did finally get it after a month of pestering him.

Jacob,

Were you happy with your purchase?. I see some people got cables and some didn't.

Hopefully I get mine without issues.

Damn, I want to bite on this but the old addage 'if it's too good to be true' comes to mind.

Well, there's (almost) zero risk involved if you pay with your credit card via Paypal... so why not! :p

That is the exact same response I got when I was getting mine, unfortunately it took another two weeks to get after I got that email. Best of luck though - I did finally get it after a month of pestering him.

Oy, that's not good at all. Hopefully that was just an isolated incident... but I doubt it. :(

I can't even begin to fathom how much fun it'd be to try to get an exchange from this guy :mad:
Worked out fine for me. Had to go through 3 of them before I got a good one. Not their fault though, Dell didn't do a good job refurbishing the ones I got (Yellow tint, dead pixels, etc).

But don't expect it to be fast if there is a problem. A 1-2 week wait for a replacement is what you might get.

how about a mounting arm for one? or better yet 2 or even 3 monitors?

From what I have seen most do not support 30inch monitors

For my own use, I don't see the point of a mounting arm. The 3007WFP-HC and 2007FPs are height and tilt adjustable as is, and the stands don't take up any more space than the monitors themselves do...

The monitor screen was perfect, I didn't get any cables, and there was a few scratches on the side of the monitor, nothing to be crazy about, overall I was pretty happy with the purchase.

Cool. It's now 'tomorrow' and I haven't received any emails yet.

WOOOOOOO

At what point is it right to file a claim?...if he is not returning emails how long do you give him?

At what point is it right to file a claim?...if he is not returning emails how long do you give him?

Since I have been waiting, he has had about 26 positive reviews. Therefore, I am inclined to believe that he just can't be f**ked responding. Not worried about him not shipping the monitor, just his attitude.

His auctions state 5 days handling time. Therefore, after 5 days handling + maybe 5 business days for delivery, you could probably be comfortable escalating it and filing a claim. Assuming you don't want to wait any longer (who does?) and you are getting no response.

I am assuming that he has Dell supplying him directly, so some of his delays might be coming from that end as well.

Like I said, took a month to get my monitor, he was terrible about emails. But I did end up getting it. I had to threaten filing claims against him a couple times just to get him to respond. But it all worked in the end. After a month, he shipped my monitor overnight shipping via FEDEX

Then why all the positive e-bay feedback? Maybe people are just so relieved to get their monitor that they give him positive feedback. I would expect many more..."Painful seller, terrible communication, terrible handling / shipping time, monitor works". Negative. Maybe its the good deal that softens people up.

That's what got me :) And the fact that I don't think that shipping it late was his fault, I think he is directly connected through Dell, they are slow as hell to process and because of that, they overnight the monitor to the person.

If it's not their fault and they have no control over the shipping times, then don't give a shipping estimate of 5 days after payment -- make it 2-3 weeks. Also, lying to your customers about it 'shipping tomorrow' when they damn well know it won't be shipping for another week or more is unacceptable.

However, I do believe that they only ship out every first and third Monday of every month, so deliberately putting them up for sale after the third Monday and saying it'd only take 5 days for your monitor to ship is douchebaggery at best.

The feedback isn't likely going to be pleasant when I'm done with this transaction, and I hope the rest of you leave similar feedback as well...

Unfortunately I don't really have any alternative other than to wait for the monitor to ship, since even if I file a claim and it goes through, I won't be able to buy another monitor up here in Canada for less than ~$1100 USD.

Okay nevermind, I'm an idiot. The 3007WFP-HC is at my (American relative's) doorstep now.

Gonna get them to open it up and check for dead pixels/tinting soon...

Ordered mine 3 days ago, have not heard a peep yet. emailed him just to let me know when I can expect it and nothing. I'll give it another few days before i email him again.

Back