Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

did you get 1 year warranty or 3 year from that ebay seller. I dont understand how is that seller can get refurbished monitors when on the official dell.com/outlet site they dont list them at all.

A 1 year warranty was included with the monitor. I don't understand how he gets so many either, but it seems like he sells about two per day(I've been watching for a few days before making the purchase).

sometimes that seller has $950 version of the same refurbished monitor but for 3 year manufactureres warrenty.
I called Dell directly today and they dont have any refurbished 30" available. so how the hell does that seller gets them then. Does he repair those monitors himself and buys warranty from Dell?

sometimes that seller has $950 version of the same refurbished monitor but for 3 year manufactureres warrenty.
I called Dell directly today and they dont have any refurbished 30" available. so how the hell does that seller gets them then. Does he repair those monitors himself and buys warranty from Dell?

Maybe, he could've gotten them all from a company that no longer had any use for them also.

I'd still like to see it compared to the Gateway 30"

Check the Gateway 30 inch thread and you'll see alot of unhappy people with monitors dieing left and right. Gateway 30 inch monitors don't even have support anymore so they are lemons at this point.

I finally received the monitor today, I found out that the actual seller is Dell and ships straight from the company located in Ohio.

wow I ordered mine as well last Fri. but didnt receive anyword from that seller. but preice was again $878 w/2 year warranty for the price of 1 thats how it was described on the sale page.

Jesus I just got my U2410 today and this thread just dropped a bomb shell on my wallet. I'm very tempted to jump in on this ...

wow I ordered mine as well last Fri. but didnt receive anyword from that seller. but preice was again $878 w/2 year warranty for the price of 1 thats how it was described on the sale page.

He doesn't send a confirmation email with tracking number unless you ask for it. I ordered on Feb. 18, so it took about two weeks to receive the monitor (it was shipped standard overnight via FedEx on Mar. 1st).

He doesn't send a confirmation email with tracking number unless you ask for it. I ordered on Feb. 18, so it took about two weeks to receive the monitor (it was shipped standard overnight via FedEx on Mar. 1st).

May i ask if you might be so kind as to private message me as to how to find this seller?

Also: how can "standard overnight" take 2 weeks from time of ordering? shouldn't it take 2-3 days max?

Thx in advance for clarifying.

may i ask who might know the "best" and most reliable source for a well-priced Dell 3008 currently? I realize that this thread started a couple of years ago. Thx!

May i ask if you might be so kind as to private message me as to how to find this seller?

Also: how can "standard overnight" take 2 weeks from time of ordering? shouldn't it take 2-3 days max?

Thx in advance for clarifying.

Sure, the seller on eBay is "precisiontechexperts"

I just want to give a heads up to anyone that may want to purchase a monitor from the seller: About once every ten days (looking through feedback), the seller will have the 3008WFP with 3yr warranty(versus just one) for about $50-100 more. And yes, overnight should only take 2 days max, but I don't know what happened. I hope this helps.

yes that's the seller and sometimes he also have 2year warranty for the price of 1 year for $878 that's what I got.
3 year was listed for $950 before. But that's kind of rear to see.
I saw it once and someone just bought it right away when I clickedit was already too late. thats was crazy fast somebody beat me in a second.
you have to realize that they go fast for taht price so if you want one and you see it you got to buy on the spot or someone else will take it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-3008WFP-LC...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item3a581cf19e

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Finally I got mine today from that seller
but it came without any cables or power supply.
I dont know what to do now, emailed the seller. I just cannot power up the monitor. also how can I check about the warrnaty that was included. do you call dell and check serial # or how do you go about that if you bought from that ebay seller.

where can I get a power supply for 3008wfp what does it look like.
I have Gateway XHD3000 monitor can I use its power supply to power dell?

right now the monitor I received is useless cause I cannot power it up damn it.:mad:

there is no special powersupply for a 3008wfp. Its just a standard computer cable which you probably have a few extra of lying around. Dell's refurbished monitors rarely come with cables, but the cables are pretty inexpensive to order online.

You need:
1x power cable
1x 6ft dual-dvi

you could probably get away with a 3ft dual-dvi but 6ft is better for most. Anyway you can order these online but I'm betting you want to try this out asap. Instead head to a fry's (if you are lucky enough to be close to one), or a microcenter and pick these up at only ~3x markup. If you dont have those then just overnight cables online b/c bestbuy rarely has them and is usually a ~10x markup.

Good luck! Im exceptionally happy with my 3008wfp refurb :)

Thanks for the reply
I found the spare power cable and I had 6ft dual dvi from my Gateway 30" xhd3000
so everything is good.
Screen is beautiful I love it. but little glary during the day comapred to Gateway.
colors kind of wierd I had to do some adjustments becuase I've been using Gateway and I am not used to the Dell colors yet.
Otherwise this refurbished Dell 3008wfp is awesome. Game play is great I dont see any input lag at all w/xfx 5870 xxx edition in Crossfire for $878 and 2 year warranty I'm loving it

Wow I'm seriously thinking of picking up 3 from this seller.
This is a great deal.
Really contemplating right now

I recommend this seller as well. Bought mine w/3 year warranty for $878 - BCB and I believe it was new (came with all cables, protective film, etc.). It did take me a few days to snag one since they tend to sell really quickly and I missed out on a few auctions, but it was well worth it.

may i ask what the differences are between the Dell 3008WFP Rev. A03 versus Rev. A02 and any other Revisions?

I'm unclear about them and searching on Dell.com's site didn't yield anything meaningful.

Thanks in advance.

btw, the ebay seller "precisiontech...", i take it that he's reliable? he has only 391 feedback but then again, his rating is very high, though i understand that ebay no longer shows negative feedback write ups, for some odd reason.

Thx.

Just got a 3007WFP-HC from this guy. I see that a couple of people got cables with theirs and some did not. How about others who have brought from him / her?

I don't have DVI-DVI cables handy as I am using DVI-HDMI atm. Gotta visit monoprice.com I guess.

The seller is certainly not the talkative type. I have a couple of open questions awaiting reply. Its like i sent a letter to god or something, who knows if there is someone at the other end.

Just got a 3007WFP-HC from this guy. I see that a couple of people got cables with theirs and some did not. How about others who have brought from him / her?

I don't have DVI-DVI cables handy as I am using DVI-HDMI atm. Gotta visit monoprice.com I guess.

The seller is certainly not the talkative type. I have a couple of open questions awaiting reply. Its like i sent a letter to god or something, who knows if there is someone at the other end.

Well, kennard: this is interesting feedback that you kindly provided us. I, for one, would be unhappy without replies to my questions. I only like to deal with sellers who are responsive.

Imagine if a seller behaves this way, i.e. not too responsive, BEFORE you become a customer and before you give him your money, how likely is it for him to be responsive AFTER you give him your money?

Am I too cynical?

Well, kennard: this is interesting feedback that you kindly provided us. I, for one, would be unhappy without replies to my questions. I only like to deal with sellers who are responsive.

Imagine if a seller behaves this way, i.e. not too responsive, BEFORE you become a customer and before you give him your money, how likely is it for him to be responsive AFTER you give him your money?

Am I too cynical?

I was a little skeptical as well. However, he has about 400 feedback and it seems, from what i can see, to be primarily Dell 30" displays (i.e. not 5c junk as I have seen from scammers to get their feedback up). The general theme of the feedback is extremely positive (e.g. excellent quality monitors etc). However, there are a couple in there regarding poor communication and missing cables. I weighed it up and decided that for this price, with a warranty, its worth a shot.

I am going to take a look at the 3007WFP-HC, but may decide to get a 3008WFP instead. If so, i will post it for sale here at [H].

I was a little skeptical as well. However, he has about 400 feedback and it seems, from what i can see, to be primarily Dell 30" displays (i.e. not 5c junk as I have seen from scammers to get their feedback up). The general theme of the feedback is extremely positive (e.g. excellent quality monitors etc). However, there are a couple in there regarding poor communication and missing cables. I weighed it up and decided that for this price, with a warranty, its worth a shot.

I am going to take a look at the 3007WFP-HC, but may decide to get a 3008WFP instead. If so, i will post it for sale here at [H].

kennard: did you get your 3007 yet? or 3008? what really transpired after you placed your order? interested in finding out.

i'd like to buy a 3008 Rev. A03 from that seller, but am concerned. Thx in advance.

kennard: did you get your 3007 yet? or 3008? what really transpired after you placed your order? interested in finding out.

i'd like to buy a 3008 Rev. A03 from that seller, but am concerned. Thx in advance.

Brought a 3007 a couple of days ago. Paid for it within a minute and that's about it. Have not heard a thing from the seller to date.

How do you like the 3007? Why the change to a 3008?

Here's my experience with precisiontechexperts.

• Saturday, March 6 — Bought a Dell 3008wfp. Sent a message along with my order asking for a tracking number.

• Monday, March 15 — My monitor was shipped 'overnight'.

• Tuesday, March 16 — I received an email from the seller with a FedEx tracking number telling me my monitor was shipped the day before. I received my monitor the same day.

Yeah, this seller is horrible at communication. And he has an odd way of shipping orders. (waiting a week to ship then overnighting it?) But you'll get it.

I'm thinking this guy ships packages on the first and third Monday of every month. Either that or it takes at least a week for this guy to process orders.

Last edited:
Got one from this seller too, he had horrible communication and it took 3 weeks to get it because he said "the had a system probem" but I did get it. Has a couple scratches on the side but the monitor screen is perfect. No cables. Still a pretty good deal.

Thank you for your various posts re: your experience with that seller. Much appreciated.

I'm wary of poor communication. it gives me unnecessary stomach acid: who needs more of that? right? :rolleyes:

the issue is that the $900 pricing is virtually half of what the 3008's are going for new, so it's a tough pill to swallow and say: oh, i want the luxury of good communication for the grand price of $700 more dollars!

sigh...what to do?

@kennard: it's not that i dislike my 3007HC at all. i have the 3007HC as my center/main monitor, to the right of it is my Dell 24" but turned 90 degrees to portrait. This configuration works for me because on the right side's 24" portrait mode is used mostly for always-on Outlook, and as the monitor is portrait, there's sufficient top to bottom length for almost most emails (in Outlook's preview pane) so I rarely even need to open each individual email! In fact, the 24" is so tall that i only use the bottom 2/3rds for Outlook, the top right portion is used for an always-on Windows Task Manager showing the Performance tab with the 4 graphs of the 4 CPU usage. The top left of the 24" portrait mode is for CNN using Windows Media Center (tv card in slot on motherboard), with a couple of widgets like a clock, temperature, etc.

the main 30" in the center has two main Firefox windows going (roughly half and half) with many tabs in each Firefox window. My task bar is turned to the LEFT side of the 30" for the simple and obvious reason that vertical resolution is more valuable than horizontal resolution. Web pages and most things on the computer are longer than they are wide - note: i do not watch any movies or really, any tv at all on my pc, the CNN on the 24" is in a very small window (maybe 4" x 5") and on and frequently muted.

does my configuration make any sense? ;)

@DualMonitors

your setup makes perfect sense and is exactly where I am heading when my 30" arrives.

Are you going to replace the 3007 with your new 3008 or go for 3 screens?

I've bought 2 from this guy and am waiting on my third.

The first 2 arrived promptly (withing 3-5 business days). I bought them around the end of January.

I bought the third (my gateway finally crapped out 100%) on the 4th of March, and it's gone into the void. I figure it'll show up on my door soon, but I asked for a tracking number anyway. Still waiting on a response from the guy.

1st and 3rd Monday makes sense. Considering the other two were purchased Jan 30th (shipped Feb. 1st.) and Feb 14th (shipped Feb 15th). The first and third mondays of Feb =)

Let see.. that means mine is shipping... Last monday! (3/15) Incoming monitor!

Edit:

For those interested in quality:
1) The backlights aren't the greatest.
2) One monitor had two dead pixels
3) Other monitor had dirt in the light path that I fixed by "tapping" it out

Overall, I was satisfied with each monitor or I wouldn't have bought the next one.

I got mine (3008wfp) very quickly (withing 4 days. Overnight shipping). Monitor is like new. No cables however.

I do have a question. How do register for the warranty ?

I ordered a 3007WFP-HC from PrecisionTechExperts over a week ago. Haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet...

I ordered a 3007WFP-HC from PrecisionTechExperts over a week ago. Haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet...

how much did you pay? and a week long and no tracking? I would be calling my c/c company! best of luck!

For those interested in quality:
1) The backlights aren't the greatest.
2) One monitor had two dead pixels
3) Other monitor had dirt in the light path that I fixed by "tapping" it out

Overall, I was satisfied with each monitor or I wouldn't have bought the next one.

Glad you were satisfied; so was I! My 3008WFP arrived with even backlighting, zero dead pixels, and all cables. I've gotten pretty lucky with my monitor purchases so far (except my old 2001FP in 2004 where I had to exchange it a couple of times until I got one without a dead pixel). This monitor is fantastic. I want to pick up a third for Eyefinity but 3 x 30" requires massive GPU power...I wish the side monitors could support a lower resolution!

how much did you pay? and a week long and no tracking? I would be calling my c/c company! best of luck!

I paid $787. Considering his previous feedback, I'm not really worried that he'd run away with my money... but of course I'd like to have the monitor sooner than later!

I paid $787. Considering his previous feedback, I'm not really worried that he'd run away with my money... but of course I'd like to have the monitor sooner than later!

hmm, I looking @ adding a 3rd to complete my eyefinity experience...please post back once you get it, as I would love to find another 3007 :D

I am in the same boat, I brought mt 3007WFP for the same price 10 days ago and nothing so far. Not really worried about getting screwed, just getting irritated about the seller pissing around. A single message goes a long way to keeping a buyer content, even if it is just to say that the shipping is delayed for whatever reason. It is always better to know the bad news than to be left guessing.

I will see what happens when it gets here. Probably some negative feedback coming his way on ebay.

Back