Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

This is what they sent me:

I am sorry to inform you, but at this time this monitor is currently back ordered from our shipping departmnet. I am very sorry about this, but however we have three options that can hopefully help this situation. Option one we are willing to offer you a partial refund of $50.00 if you are willing to wait 1-2 weeks for the monitor to come back in stock. Once the monitor is back in stock we will ship to you next business day delivery no extra charge. Option two is we can offer you a refund of $161.00 and we have in stock the Dell 3007wfp-HC monitors with a 1 year warranty. The 3007wfp-HC is a similar monitor as the 3008wfp, same size monitor, and the build quality is just as good. We can ship this monitor to you and have it to you in 3-5 business days. The last option for you would be we would be willing to process a full refund for you for your troubles and cancel the transaction. If we do not hear back from you, we will assume you are willing to wait the 1-2 weeks for the shipment.

This is what they sent me:

I am sorry to inform you, but at this time this monitor is currently back ordered from our shipping departmnet. I am very sorry about this, but however we have three options that can hopefully help this situation. Option one we are willing to offer you a partial refund of $50.00 if you are willing to wait 1-2 weeks for the monitor to come back in stock. Once the monitor is back in stock we will ship to you next business day delivery no extra charge. Option two is we can offer you a refund of $161.00 and we have in stock the Dell 3007wfp-HC monitors with a 1 year warranty. The 3007wfp-HC is a similar monitor as the 3008wfp, same size monitor, and the build quality is just as good. We can ship this monitor to you and have it to you in 3-5 business days. The last option for you would be we would be willing to process a full refund for you for your troubles and cancel the transaction. If we do not hear back from you, we will assume you are willing to wait the 1-2 weeks for the shipment.

I have got the same one. I may just buy HP LP3065 @ Tigerdirect for $1000 ( bing cashback included).

Man i was sold on getting a 3008 but now this guy has 10 3007hc. I cant make a decision lol

Man i was sold on getting a 3008 but now this guy has 10 3007hc. I cant make a decision lol

It is a good deal but 1 year warranty is too short for me.

EDIT:

Warranty is 2 years now.

Last edited:
The guy is selling Rev.A 02. What is the latest revision? A04. If so then what is the differences between the two?

I just went with 3007wfp-hc. I paid $650 with bing. This is going to be my third 3007wfp-hc. All of them are refurbs.

I don't know where they get these monitors but now they have more then 10 of these available, but yesterday they sent me an email stating they were out of stock.

3008WFP is back in stock. So after a lot confusion, they shipped 3008WFP after I got my refund. Then I ordered 3007wfp-hc for $650 with bing. They said I can keep the 3008WFP for the price of 3007wfp-hc.. If I do not want it then I can ship it back and keep the 3007wfp-hc.

3008WFP is back in stock. So after a lot confusion, they shipped 3008WFP after I got my refund. Then I ordered 3007wfp-hc for $650 with bing. They said I can keep the 3008WFP for the price of 3007wfp-hc.. If I do not want it then I can ship it back and keep the 3007wfp-hc.

Which one you going to keep.

So what are the chances of these guys putting a 3008wfp, that was returned from an ebayer for issues, back up for auction?

So what are the chances of these guys putting a 3008wfp, that was returned from an ebayer for issues, back up for auction?

Yes, possibly. It seems some of them are brand new, other are refurbs...

The price after cash back seems decent for a brand new refurbish in box (what ever that means) so I decide to pull the trigger. Originally I plan to go for 3 x U2410 (bought 2 already) but I could not resist the attraction of a 30" work space.

Look like I'm stuck with a 24-30-24 setup for a while

The price after cash back seems decent for a brand new refurbish in box (what ever that means) so I decide to pull the trigger. Originally I plan to go for 3 x U2410 (bought 2 already) but I could not resist the attraction of a 30" work space.

Look like I'm stuck with a 24-30-24 setup for a while

I will see tomorrow. I may actually keep both. Personally I regret buying any 22 and 24 inches displays in the past.:)

Given the seller reputation, it looks like it will be a while before I can get mine.

Iching, update us when you get the screen. Some pics would be nice :)

FFS, I love these forums...

My wife wants to spend her part of the tax refund on a grill...ok, but 3008 here I come baby...lol

Ive had a 3007 for about 3 years, bought it through the India contact info from these boards back then...

Given the seller reputation, it looks like it will be a while before I can get mine.

Iching, update us when you get the screen. Some pics would be nice :)

Mine is coming tomorrow. I hope I am going to get the "real" thing not a box of bricks. I am going to have to get rid of two Samsungs 245bw.

FFS, I love these forums...

My wife wants to spend her part of the tax refund on a grill

Pretty sad that the last thing I thought of when I read this was a BBQ grill. The first thing I pictured was an aftermarket grill for her car, and the second image that popped into my head was your wife having a mouth full of gold or silver teeth. :eek:

Ahh, gotta love how culture and society have shaped us.

This has always been my primary concern with buying the 3008WFP. It is the reason why I don't have one.

I think people are to concerned regarding all these graphs. If your naked eyes can't detect it then what's the problem?

BTW, congrats on a brand new Dell 3008WFP for 717 Iching, that's a steal!

Actually, I've felt input lag in monitors before. I've even felt it during web browsing on Dell's really cheap panels. For gaming I could NEVER tolerate that. I'm not about to drop $800 on a monitor that I'm not going to like. At least I know the 3007WFP/3007WFP-HC's don't have this issue.

Actually, I've felt input lag in monitors before. I've even felt it during web browsing on Dell's really cheap panels. For gaming I could NEVER tolerate that. I'm not about to drop $800 on a monitor that I'm not going to like. At least I know the 3007WFP/3007WFP-HC's don't have this issue.

I will see how it performs in games. On the other hand, 3008wfp is for my wife so gaming is not an issue. :)

Anyone in Canada who bought one from this seller? If so, how much Tax you had to pay at the douane?

The seller is actually responsive this time. He basically explains that I got to wait LOL. 5 business days processing + 1 to 2 day for it to be actually shipped + 1 to 2 day for the tracking number to show up. By the mean time my credit card has a charge pending (which is fast).

Anyway, since this is what I expect so I don't care much. Let's hope I don't have to go through the exchange to get a good one.

The seller is actually responsive this time. He basically explains that I got to wait LOL. 5 business days processing + 1 to 2 day for it to be actually shipped + 1 to 2 day for the tracking number to show up. By the mean time my credit card has a charge pending (which is fast).

Anyway, since this is what I expect so I don't care much. Let's hope I don't have to go through the exchange to get a good one.

I bought mine on the 29th, they shipped it last Fridy and got it today. I think I am going to keep the 3007wfp-hc as well. I am tired of killing my eyes with a 24 inch display in my dual setup. ;)

To sum it up, my total is $1367 for two monitors with a two year warranty each. :D

Guys how do I purchase using Bing and get the cash back - sorry for the newbie question.

Go to bing, type in xbox, click on the link "ebay 8 percent off" (make sure adblock is disabled if you are using firefox), choose buy it now, make sure you can see cash back amount before you pay, pay with paypal, wait 60 days, you get your money back.

To sum it up, my total is $1367 for two monitors with a two year warranty each. :D

Nice score. How are the monitors? Any uneven back light, dead pixels, crooked stand, pink tint, or intrusive anti-glare coating? :D. Sorry, just have to ask.

To be honest, a monitor retailed for over $1500 should be free of these defects. What's up with quality these days?

Nice score. How are the monitors? Any uneven back light, dead pixels, crooked stand, pink tint, or intrusive anti-glare coating? :D. Sorry, just have to ask.

To be honest, a monitor retailed for over $1500 should be free of these defects. What's up with quality these days?

My wife was a bit "unhappy" when she saw the lady with a package from Fedex. The quality of the 3008wfp is far superior to the 3007wfp-hc. It feels like a tank, nice blacks, no squeaky frame, it is a very bright panel even with brightness set to 10, very nice on-screen menu, colors are brighter and more vivid, anti glare coating is not as visible and noticeable and as in 3007wfp-hc (it does not bother me in either case), stand is not crooked, no pink tint, back light seems to be even, it smells brand new. I watched District 9 720p and did not notice any input lag either.

I will look for some odd pixels tomorrow.:)

Got mine yesterday. For some background, I've been wanting this monitor for about 2+ years now, so this was an extremely huge pickup for me (literally, as well!).

No issues from buying from precisiontechexperts, I believe they are also crediting me $50 for it being OOS.

Awesome monitor, now to watch some blu-rays off of it :)

My wife was a bit "unhappy" when she saw the lady with a package from Fedex. The quality of the 3008wfp is far superior to the 3007wfp-hc. It feels like a tank, nice blacks, no squeaky frame, it is a very bright panel even with brightness set to 10, very nice on-screen menu, colors are brighter and more vivid, anti glare coating is not as visible and noticeable and as in 3007wfp-hc (it does not bother me in either case), stand is not crooked, no pink tint, back light seems to be even, it smells brand new. I watched District 9 720p and did not notice any input lag either.

I will look for some odd pixels tomorrow.:)

I don't think that you'll notice anything in regard to input lag by watching movies. You'd have to game on it to find that out.

I don't think that you'll notice anything in regard to input lag by watching movies. You'd have to game on it to find that out.

I do agree with you that is why I use 3007wfp-hc for gaming.:) Talking if 3007wfp-hc, I just got it an hour ago it came without any cables, in a plain box, wrapped in a redish plastic bag. One may think it looks like refurbished model but I did a "smell test" and smells new. It looks like Dell is repackaging new models and selling them for less.:confused:

EDIT: I hasten to add that the text on a 3008wfp looks sharper.

Last edited:
Back