Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

I notice on this monitor, the top part at the back is hot, but bottom half is cool. Just wondering if the tube is at the top? Only one tube?

I hate to rehash an old topic on this thread especially one that I railed against some ppl on. But I just finally got mine and I do think as well that it is new... Hear me out. I have gone through about 50 Dell monitors between my household and work in the last couple of years both new and refurbs and I have never gotten a refurb like the one I just got. I have 3 of these 3008wfp's now and the first two were clearly refurbs.. Refurb on the box and plastic wrapped. They both looked good and were in great condition. But then I get this one that comes in a box that doesnt say anything about refurb, every single cable is brand new sealed like it was retail and it came with USB, DualLink DVI, power and Displayport cables. The clear stick plastic was on everything and there is not a single mark anywhere on the monitor. There was even an invoice that said nothing about refurb and it came with all the stupid little booklets etc.. Very odd. I checked the hours just now and it said it is at 44 and I have been using it quite a bit for the last 3 days so it had to have very low time on it if any. Im not sure if it had anything to do with the crap I had to go through with the seller to get this thing. I litterally paid him more then a month ago and I kept getting excuses. I finally sent him an email basically telling him to call Dell and go apeshit until you get a tracking number and later that day he came back with one. So whomever I called bullshit on earlier in this thread for claiming there's was new I apologize. Take it or leave it but I do think some of these things are coming through as brand new. That said my other 2 are refurbs and short of bent stand on one they all look great. So good deals all around.

Does your box outside say "Refurbished"? Mine did with 122 H when I first got it.

Nope. The other 2 I have say Dell refurbished or something to that tune. But this one just has dell logo's and the model # on the side. Also the other refurb boxes just used tape and some special Styrofoam. This box is different. and has those little plastic snap connectors (sorry have no idea what they are called)

You throw away your box already? I think you might have a new one. Go and get some lottery tickets too. You are in luck.

You throw away your box already? I think you might have a new one. Go and get some lottery tickets too. You are in luck.

No I didn't, and just went down to the garage and snapped some pics...

Here is the box it came in... (sorry box was upside down)

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/box1u.jpg/
http://img293.imageshack.us/i/box2.jpg/
http://img84.imageshack.us/i/box3f.jpg/

and here are the accessories or at least the ones I didnt use when hooking up the monitor...

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/accesories.jpg/

If you look closely you can see a return label they sent me along with a doc saying if I dont return the defective one they will charge me. I have seen these labels in RMA dealings with Dell but never from the brown box refurbs that come from their store. I'd be real interested to see how/what this ebay seller is doing. Like I said I do believe this one is brand new which is interesting. But take it for what its worth.

I like to so some math for you:

Bought my 3007wfp in Oct 2008 for $854.93 from Dell refurbished with 3 yr warranty
Sold : 764.86 - (ebay + paypal + shipping) = $659.25

Lost : $195.68 ( How to justified this lost? )

================

Bought 3008WFP $878.03 - (bing and paypal bucks) = $790.23

Credit of $659.25 above .. Got my monitor for $130.98 !!!

================

Just like God set in motion for the earth to be alive, I have to come up with the $854.93 to get the balls rolling too.

1. Your opinions?
2. Does it make sense in doing this?

3. Dont follow my ideas. <Kidding>

Last edited:
1. Your logic is weird.
2. It seems like a good price, but you are still paying $790.23 out of your pocket. $130.98 is additional not the total.

1. Your logic is weird.
2. It seems like a good price, but you are still paying $790.23 out of your pocket. $130.98 is additional not the total.

No, he's saying that by selling the monitor he currently owns and then using those funds to help buy the 3008 his effective cost will be $130.98.

Keep in mind that electronic things loose value over time.

Rather than lost it all, sell it and get another while everything is under warranty.

I know of friends(many) all buy things, hang onto it, and 5 yrs later, junk it in the basement. This to me, doesnt make any sense.

So is my logic wierd?

I page 0him few days ago on ebay asking if he got more 3008 to sell, he never replied.

Last edited:
I wanted to ask if the OP is still in effect? I do realize it is well over 1 year ago it was posted.
(otherwise I will just give that number a call?)

I am looking for a 3008 and I have come to the point that I would like to get it new and not buy a refurb or even a used.

$1450 is a much better price then they have listed now for $1599

Thanks for any info guys.

Can someone assure me I'm not alone in that this monitor does the "snap, crackle & pop" number when it cools, i.e when it goes to sleep or computer is turned off. I suspect it's just the plastic and metal contracts as it cools but damn it's really annoying.

Can someone assure me I'm not alone in that this monitor does the "snap, crackle & pop" number when it cools, i.e when it goes to sleep or computer is turned off. I suspect it's just the plastic and metal contracts as it cools but damn it's really annoying.

I would give Dell a call just for a piece of mind, I have 2 3007WFP-HCs are work and neither do what you describe...and I doubt it is a 3008WFP only but I could be wrong

Anybody think there's going be a new revision released soon?

That would be really nice to know... I am about to buy a 3008, I am currently between monitors and having to deal with a 19 TV for the time being... So my want for a monitor is growing quicker by the day

Haven't heard anything about a new Dell, but there are new NEC and HP 30" monitors.

I'm still 110% happy with my 3008WFP. It does everything I want it to do and I'm confident I couldn't have done better for $800 (I do think mine was new).

Snap, crackle and pop? No, I dont hear that in my 3008. It goes to sleep often and when I turn it off, no noise.

Snap, crackle and pop? No, I dont hear that in my 3008. It goes to sleep often and when I turn it off, no noise.

THE NEW DELL 3008WFP

ricekrispies.jpg

I have not been able to see any good deals on any used 3008wfp with at least 2 yrs warranty since you all had beaten this once good seller to pulb!

So sad! Very sad!

I have not been able to see any good deals on any used 3008wfp with at least 2 yrs warranty since you all had beaten this once good seller to pulb!

So sad! Very sad!

I think he deserves the criticism from my view.

I'm finally getting my 3008wfp from another seller after supposedly being on this guy's wait list but not having him respond to any of the 5 e-mails I sent to him about an update on the wait list.

I'm glad other people got their monitors alright from this guy, but my experience from him was terrible.

He made me wait more than 2 weeks before sending me the bogus e-mail about defective screens. The day before the e-mail he assured me that my monitor would ship at the end of the week. People who won their auction after me received their monitor and I didn't get it.

HERE'S the kicker, I asked this guy about the power cord and dvi cable being in the box since many people didn't receive them. I needed this monitor up and running the day I received it. He tried to placate me by saying he will send a cord and cable out to me right away.

He actually went through the effort of creating a shipping label for the imaginary cable and cord shipment but never dropped or had the items picked up. I called the shipping company many times with the tracking number he supplied and they told me that it appears a label was just created but the items never picked up so to contact the shipper.

Of course, then I receive the defective screen e-mail soon after.At least I got my money back and am finally getting this monitor from another guy.

I can't wait to get this monitor fired up. I had 5870 xfired running a 2709wfp in the meanwhile.

Yep I have one and it does it periodically. You really won't get any results when you try to google it. I had like 4 refurb come and one with a dead pixel after complaining I finally got one that doesn't snap crackle and pop as much as my very first one. HTH you are not alone lol.

GMaxx, hwo much you got your monitor for?

My monitor is not making any crack or pop noise. <Knock of the wood>.

All my Dell monitors are making cracking noise. It is natural for things for expand when they heat up.

I use to hear this type of crack noise on my tube TV. I use to see static lines on my tube tv also. I remember blowing a hair dryer was pain. I use to remember the joy of moving my rabbit antenna. Now all these things are gone. I am on crack now.

We have 3x 3007HCs at work... never heard any cracking noises coming from it... maybe just a 3008 thing :rolleyes:

what panel type does the 3008fwp use?
is the picture quality of the u2410 better/same?

uses a IPS panel... I say it looks the same and/or better then the u2410 but really hardly noticeable... I have never play games on the u2410 though... just apps

My monitor arrived today. I decided to do 3008wfp after looking at the u2711 and realizing that I did indeed prefer the larger screen.

I'm confused as to which revision it is. The back of the monitor says A03. The CD that has the drivers says A05 with production date of Dec.09. The manual is A06. I'm guessing that it's the sixth revision of the manual, 5th revision of the disk, and 3rd revision of the monitor itself.

Last edited:
The CD that has the drivers says A05 with production date of Dec.09. The manual is A06. I'm guessing that it's the sixth revision of the manual, 5th revision of the disk, and 3rd revision of the monitor itself.
That would be correct, dell bioses have an A00 revision number too.

So far no dead pixels, thank god. Now how would I test for backlight bleeding? Also how about input lag tests?

Back