Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

ordered mine april 26th and still have not gotten the monitor or any word from him. Has anybody seen any recent items put up on ebay from him? Im trying to snag a second one but im hesitant until i get mine.

ordered mine april 26th and still have not gotten the monitor or any word from him. Has anybody seen any recent items put up on ebay from him? Im trying to snag a second one but im hesitant until i get mine.

You will get yours (be patient) but you are going to have to wait at least 10 days to get another one. I ended up buying 3007WFP-HC and 3008WFP from them because there was a mix up. I wanted to return the 3007WFP-HC but since I paid $1367 for both I decided to keep it.:D

I order mine last Sun and got it last Fri. Why wait 10 days? He reply to my email on ebay within 1/2 day.

How do you order both at the same time?

I order mine last Sun and got it last Fri. Why wait 10 days? He reply to my email on ebay within 1/2 day.

How do you order both at the same time?

You cant order both at the same time you have to wait 10 days he has some stupid policy in place.

And im not sure why im waiting 10 days. Im confident I will get the display probably in the next day or two but it would go miles if the guy could actually respond to a message. I did notice it says ships within 5 days of cleared payment which was last Monday. So I would expect to hear something today. If not by tommorow my annoyed factor is going to go up greatly.

I have sent the guy 4 emails and he reply within 1/2 day. Ask him nicely and use your real first name. Ask him for tracking # and never got it. Now I know why. The monitor is ship from Dell site. I still dont know why Dell use a middle man and not sell refurb directly. I just dont get it.

I just call Dell about my 3007WFP monitor that I bought from Dell refurb in 10/24/08.

My invoice does say 3 year warranty.

The CSR told me my warranty is my invoice. There is nothing on their system that says when it is going to expire. Your warranty is your invoice.

I bought my 3008WFP from this guy off ebay last week. He is fixing on my Service Tag so I can see it on Dell website. It is coming in as invalid.

What other information do I need from him? My ebay receipt is my invoice? How does it work?

I have sent the guy 4 emails and he reply within 1/2 day. Ask him nicely and use your real first name. Ask him for tracking # and never got it. Now I know why. The monitor is ship from Dell site. I still dont know why Dell use a middle man and not sell refurb directly. I just dont get it.

I sent him a note today and he responded back that they are still in the process of shipping my monitor.

I got mine today after buying it 8 or 9 days ago, it was overnight shipped from dell. The screen itself is perfect no dead pixels. The bezel had a few very minor scratches that aren't really noticeable. The only bad thing is that it leans 1/2" to the right. I think I'm going to call dell and see if I can get a different stand.

Mine didn't come with cables but no big deal since I had all the cables all ready.

Bad news not about the screen my video card doesn't support the res, but tomorrow I get my ram from newegg and my new pc will be up and going!

Anyone else get a return shipping label? and instructions on returning a defective 3008wfp?

@ munkle glad you got yours im still waiting paid on the 27th so anyday now. Im wondering if he over sold or something cause i havent seen another monitor from him in the last couple of days and for a while he popping them out all day... And here is a question if anyone knows... There is another guy that is selling refurbs for slightly more but he says the warranty is only 90 days. How is these refurbs have warranty's and others dont? That doesnt make much sense to me. You would think they would ALL a standard warranty.

Yah, I have not seen any listing from him in a few days.

He did my Service Tag and I notice I got warranty of 2 yr and 3 months.

He got em on sale again but its a 3007.

Last edited:
@ munkle glad you got yours im still waiting paid on the 27th so anyday now. Im wondering if he over sold or something cause i havent seen another monitor from him in the last couple of days and for a while he popping them out all day... And here is a question if anyone knows... There is another guy that is selling refurbs for slightly more but he says the warranty is only 90 days. How is these refurbs have warranty's and others dont? That doesnt make much sense to me. You would think they would ALL a standard warranty.

Mine included a return shipping label and instructions on returning a defective 3008wfp, maybe he is claiming warranties on defective 3008wfp and selling the replacements which is why we get the remaining warranty? I'm not sure if that is it or not. I think the dell outlet only gives 90 day warranty I am not to sure.

im starting to wonder at which point i should start getting irritated. Its been 10 days now and still no shipment... I thought i read something one time that said its against ebay policies to sell something you dont have in your possesion. I could be completely wrong about that though.

Well, it might be if they dont have it, you might be a brand new one! How about that? The best is do an 'leave msg' to sell on ebay.

Other thing, I bought a 3007wfp about 1.5 yrs ago and it is not showing up correctly on Dell website. I do have my original invoice here. How do you fix it up when you call Dell?

I am able to check my HOUR now on my monitor.

You have to press the 3 button and the monitor does come on like a regular screen, then press "-" button.

My HOUR: 121H 54M

Thats like 5-6 days of use.

Can this be accurate that my monitor is NEW? It says REFURBISHED on the outside of the box. My monitor still got the tape around the leg and the bezel and its SEAL in a orange bag.

If the tech reset the hour, you also dont know right?

I got a 3007WFP-HC and for the life of me I can't get it to run at the native resolution. I am using the proper dual link DVI-D cable on a capable video card (8800 Ultra). Here's what I see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPNFfoZvCWE It works fine at 1280x800.

I am sure some of you guys have encountered this. WTF else can I try to get it working?!

I got a 3007WFP-HC and for the life of me I can't get it to run at the native resolution. I am using the proper dual link DVI-D cable on a capable video card (8800 Ultra). Here's what I see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPNFfoZvCWE It works fine at 1280x800.

I am sure some of you guys have encountered this. WTF else can I try to get it working?!

Have you tried using a different dual link cable? If so, and it still does not work, send them an e-mail and ask for an exchange.:)

I have seen that problem. I find out that I didnt use a DVI-D link cable. Look for Dual Link cable, not Single Link cable. Make sure both end is DVI-D with a "D".

I would just try with one monitor first.

Have you updated your vga drivers and installed the dell monitor driver?

I am using a dual link DVI cable. I haven't tried a different cable, because I don't have one.

I do have the driver but, what difference does it make? It shows garbage during post / bios where no driver plays a role.

I finally was able to get my 3007WFP warranty info updated from Dell that I bought in Oct 2008. I had to make frustrating calls to Dell and over 8 dept before I get to the right person.

Somehow my service tag is not updated properly. At least I can sell it now knowing the right warranty is on there until next year.

You better check yoru service tag.

Monday will be 2 weeks without shipment.... I cant post in the hotDeals section or id let some others know over there as well. Anybody have any issues with the arm having a slight tilt to it? Mine sags to the right slightly and its barely noticable but its still annoying.

Monday will be 2 weeks without shipment.... I cant post in the hotDeals section or id let some others know over there as well. Anybody have any issues with the arm having a slight tilt to it? Mine sags to the right slightly and its barely noticable but its still annoying.

Yeah mine leans alot to the right. It is a half inch low on the right than on the left, pretty sure it was made worse by shipping since fedex roughed up the box. The seller is sending me a new stand. He is one of the best sellers I have bought from on ebay.

Can someone tell me what are those strange smuge on my 3008wfp? I can see it when it is turn off and at an angle. But when its ON, I cant see it. I try to rub it off and I cant.

Anyone else have minor banding in the a02 revision, it's not bad but it is noticeable if you stare at it, should I exchange it?

That is called banding? What causes it?

I dont see when its on or off if I look straight. Only I can see it at an angle when off.

I ordered mine last friday(over a week ago) and so far when I've asked I've gotten the same "we are processing shipping" message as everyone else.

I'm pretty sure this guy oversold dell's inventory and no technically he isn't allowed to sell items that aren't in his possession. There are two problems with this and ebay's terms:

1.) You aren't allowed to sell items that are for sale anywhere else. So unless he has already purchased them before listing(which obviously he hasn't or all of these would have been shipped) they are for sell by dell.

2.) The item you are selling must be in stock when the listing is posted and remain in stock for the remainder of the listing.

What is the cause of the smudge on my screen? I have try wet tower to buff it off and it will not go off.

Banding is like a gradiant thing? Should I try to look for it?

Since you got it a good price, just wait it out. You cant find it at any cheaper price.

I ordered mine last friday(over a week ago) and so far when I've asked I've gotten the same "we are processing shipping" message as everyone else.

I'm pretty sure this guy oversold dell's inventory and no technically he isn't allowed to sell items that aren't in his possession. There are two problems with this and ebay's terms:

1.) You aren't allowed to sell items that are for sale anywhere else. So unless he has already purchased them before listing(which obviously he hasn't or all of these would have been shipped) they are for sell by dell.

2.) The item you are selling must be in stock when the listing is posted and remain in stock for the remainder of the listing.

Yes man your spot on. I ordered mine on the 27th of last month and nothing. I'm going to Hawaii for a week and now wont have anyone to sign for it. He says I can have it shipped to his location and then ship it to me once i get back but I'm not very trusting of ebay sellers. I would post in the Hotdeals section to add my name to the growing list of ppl that dont have theirs yet. He did actually throw me a bone on Friday though saying he would knock $30 off the monitor but at this point I dont really care, I just want my monitor.

and @chong... please stop licking the ebay sellers ahole on here its getting old. Ya Ya he is a good seller cause you got your etc.. nobody cares. Me and the group that havent gotten theirs are getting pretty annoyed. I dont care if its not his fault that Dell takes forever to ship them. He should not pretend to have them in possession. I cant remember off the top of my head if the post says ships from Dell directly but the picture he puts makes it appear that he has them in his possession and that is misleading. I didn't realize they shipped from Dell till I started reading the posts on here.

What is the cause of the smudge on my screen? I have try wet tower to buff it off and it will not go off.

Banding is like a gradiant thing? Should I try to look for it?

Since you got it a good price, just wait it out. You cant find it at any cheaper price.

Don't even worry about the banding it has nothing to do with your monito. I was saying my monitor has some minor banding but I think it is the image I am going to try it on my 2407wfp. Thats why I asked if anyone else had it and if I should exchange mine.

is it not the price of this monitor about $1000 or less? where do you get this $1500 ?

How do I get it so quick? I mean dont Dell ship things by who get in line first?

Yes man your spot on. I ordered mine on the 27th of last month and nothing. I'm going to Hawaii for a week and now wont have anyone to sign for it. He says I can have it shipped to his location and then ship it to me once i get back but I'm not very trusting of ebay sellers. I would post in the Hotdeals section to add my name to the growing list of ppl that dont have theirs yet. He did actually throw me a bone on Friday though saying he would knock $30 off the monitor but at this point I dont really care, I just want my monitor.

and @chong... please stop licking the ebay sellers ahole on here its getting old. Ya Ya he is a good seller cause you got your etc.. nobody cares. Me and the group that havent gotten theirs are getting pretty annoyed. I dont care if its not his fault that Dell takes forever to ship them. He should not pretend to have them in possession. I cant remember off the top of my head if the post says ships from Dell directly but the picture he puts makes it appear that he has them in his possession and that is misleading. I didn't realize they shipped from Dell till I started reading the posts on here.

I spoke with a guy two days ago who knows about those people who sell the Dell 30" monitors. He said that they drop ship them from Dell so you have to wait until Dell gets more in stock. I bought a 3007WFP-HC from my guy for $650 but he list them for $799 on Ebay I think. He waits until he received the monitor from Dell before listing them so they go out immediately. The guy that you all are buying from list the item before having it in his possession, that is why so many of you are waiting, mine shipped the day I bought it.

@WorldExclusive Did you even read my post or the person I was quoting.... we both realize how this works by now. The problem we have is that this guy makes no mention that he does not actually have the product in his possession. In fact he does the opposite in my opinion and posts some pic of the monitor in a box on the ground. Also as the guy pointed out above me this might be against ebay's TOS. Think about the ppl that dont go to this forum... The seller still has not said anything to me about these coming from Dell in his messages back and fourth. Only that he is working on getting them shipped.

@WorldExclusive Did you even read my post or the person I was quoting.... we both realize how this works by now. The problem we have is that this guy makes no mention that he does not actually have the product in his possession. In fact he does the opposite in my opinion and posts some pic of the monitor in a box on the ground. Also as the guy pointed out above me this might be against ebay's TOS. Think about the ppl that dont go to this forum... The seller still has not said anything to me about these coming from Dell in his messages back and fourth. Only that he is working on getting them shipped.

Sorry about that, it's my first post in this thread so I didn't go that far back to know exactly your point was. But you are right, he doesn't mention that he's a drop shipper and there are many other buyers not on these forums that doesn't know either. You all are right to be upset that he didn't disclose that info prior to payment.

Can I ask the seller to come here to read all these posting? I bet he didnt even know we are all taking about him.

Can I ask the seller to come here to read all these posting? I bet he didnt even know we are all taking about him.

What would be the point of that? How does all this in anyway affect you? You have your monitor... Having him respond here does not make our monitors come in faster. What do you expect him to say? We know the reason is beyond his control. But that does not make it right.

Chong, if you saw an ad for lets say a nice car I posted on craigslist with a fancy picture and a killer price and i told you for X amount of money you can have it. Ill ship it to you within 5 days. Now come two weeks after you already paid for said car but you dont have it and all you get is a bunch of quick one line responses from me. Would it really matter if the car was actually being delivered from Ford or myself directly? No you wouldn't care you paid me, you expect me to deliver cause I am the one who sold you the item.

Also some of us that still dont have our monitors might have ebay account names similar to our Hardforum names. I think you can see what I am getting at.

Last edited:
I am using a dual link DVI cable. I haven't tried a different cable, because I don't have one.

I do have the driver but, what difference does it make? It shows garbage during post / bios where no driver plays a role.

Problem solved. Tried two ngear dual link cables and they were both defective / incompatible. Tried a startech cable and it worked instantly without any issues.

Stupid ******* **** **** cables wasted 10 hours of my time.

I didnt know its this sensitive? I tried a $10 dual link DVI-D cable from Fry's and it work on my 3007 or 3008wfp.

Back