Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Apple 30"

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Westinghouse 37"

Votes: 40 54.1%

• Total voters

hacktor2

Limp Gawd
What would you choose for a strict gaming machine? If money is not an issue.

For strickly gaming im sure most would say go with the 37" westinghouse . It has a lower resolution then the rest, that means higher fps in games, youll probably be able to turn all settings to max, and a less expensive card to run it all on. For anything else id go with the dell 3007.

Hoof said:
For strickly gaming im sure most would say go with the 37" westinghouse . It has a lower resolution then the rest, that means higher fps in games, youll probably be able to turn all settings to max, and a less expensive card to run it all on. For anything else id go with the dell 3007.
Plus, it can be used as HDTV/Monitor, especially since it has all those inputs....

dang...didnt read money wasnt an issue.. :( voted for the DELL...

wouldve voted for the Westinghouse instead...

Gaming: Westy
Options/Flexibility: Westy
Strictly a computer monitor for other than gaming: Dell

I voted for the westy 37".
But if money isn't an issue then I'd buy the Dell 30" for my main computer display and the Westy 37" now or the 42" when it comes out to game on. :D

Too bad they don't come in different colors.

Here is a simple grab with my digital camera, of WoW on a Westy 37".

Picture310.jpg

SixFootDuo said:
Here is a simple grab with my digital camera, of WoW on a Westy 37".
I think he did a good job of summing it all up....can't go wrong with the 37"

Xephian said:
3007WFP, higher res and better specs than Apple's.
^ This. The apple and the dell actually have the same res, but apple's specs are otherwise inferior. The westy is bigger in sheer size but the DPI and res are far worse.

Those are giant diet pepsi's, some bottled water. Maybe a few snack sized bags of chips. Those are from the 6+ hour BWL run.

Like every end game instance run.. takes for friken ever.

If the westinghouse 37" was available in canada i'd have considered that option, but instead i have my 30" dell on the way. I bought it when they had it on sale for $1599cad which makes it cheaper than the westy.

Altho i will say if you need both a large tv and a large monitor the 37" westy should deliver the goods, you'll probally want to make sure you have a large desk first though. :)

i lkie the 37 in. Westy, nice big size, and for a TV, WOW, it one of the growing few that can suport full 1080p, and i think that res is just fine for gaming, and i dont mind a few jaggies either, although, some AA would be nice :p

In my not-so-humble opinion, I think the dell 3007WFP is a better buy if you're using it for more than gaming. I just got mine the other day, and it's been like discovering the holy grail.. it simply obliterates/dwarfs my old 21" CRT. The point is though I use it for web & graphics design as well, not just gaming. The 3007WFP has a very nice image, and has very little ghosting, I don't notice any at all while playing BF2 or counter-strike.

The only real downside to the dell in my opinion is you had best have a real monster of a system.. i have SLI 7800 GTX's and my games run quite good at 2560x1600, but only with anti aliasing off (including gamma & TRSAA), with image quality set to quality and AF set to 16X.

Some games do run phenomenally though even at 2560x1600, CS:S runs pretty much a constant 100-140fps with 2x FSAA.

Now, if you're just gaming, the westy may be the better deal, considering it runs at a lower res, but you can probably get away with having AA enabled on most games at 1920 x 1200. But for web designers, the dell 3007wfp is a wet dream... I have flash, dreamweaver, photoshop, WS_FTP, and a browser running to see my changes in real time :)

Squeeze, you will LOVE your dell :) I got it for $1599 CAD as well, was a hell of a deal. no dead pixels or any issues at all.. simply love it.

Back