Dell 3007WFP-HC for FPS. Issues?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
I want to get bigger than my Acer 24" and higher resolution than 1920x1200. So, is the Dell 3007WFP-HC , fast enough for twitch games like cod4? I need to know b/c the guys I play against are severely tweaked and I can't afford ANY lag compared to them. I will be wearing a knife in the rear as a permanent accessory lol.

If not the Dell 3007WFP-HC, the what? Is there faster and smaller w/ the higher res?

Dell 3007WFP-HC is going to be as fast as you can get at the 30" range with the higher resolution. It is will be very good for FPS gaming as it has an IPS screen and has no built in scaler so it will have little to no input lag. The 3008 has a scaler which is good for Movies but causes input lag so it's not as good for gaming. The 3007WFP-HC is the best choice for gamers in the 30" market.

You're going to want to make sure you have the highest in Vid cards x2 to keep up with the resolution.

You can compare to other monitors Here It's actually quicker than most Acers.

How is a scaler good for movies :confused:

My two year old 7900GTX can scale up if I want it to do. I don't see why you would want redundancy on that point and have a second scaler in the monitor.

And don't come with the console gaming point: that's a problem of the consoles, not the monitor. :)

Right your video card would scale a movie you play on your computer. But if you had a ps3 with blue ray the monitor wouldn't scale. So it's the console kiddies who'd have problems.

if you're going for the 3007, get it refurb. i am seriously thinking about doing it this week: refurb + 15% dell outlet coupon. that's a little over half the retail of the cheap set of 30s; and if you don't require the connectivity or color accuracy of the pricey ones, that's too good to pass up.

Mmm. That's a good idea, actually. Could be a very sexy deal, for the money.

Good god, though! I just got my 26", and it feels like "too much screen" right now. I can't imagine a 30" monitor. Just setting it up far enough away to save my eyeballs + not have to turn my head while gaming + find the sweet spot where my blind ass could still see text would be a challenge.

Spaceman, if you get it, take some pics of the setup and let us know how ya like it.

-S

Yeah but I kind of like the idea of the new BenQ 22 1080P monitor. Dense pixels ftw?

the benq 22 is .248, the 3007 is .2505, so i would say the difference is negligible?

let your sanity be your guide ;)

this is actually a harder decision than i thought it would be, for me, because now that i am faced with the realistic possibility of having a 30", i am seriously questioning all my options and even if i should be getting a new LCD right now in the first place.

I hate tiny text. 26" or better ftw.

-S

ctrl + mouse wheel will take care of that.:)

Ive played on a 32in and while good immersing you into the game (FPS),but there is so much screen to worry about and look at you end up dying alot.

Hehe!

I just fired up my 26" Planar with an old P4 I had lying around. Even on this crap video card, the screen looks fucking awesome! Text is perfect from...roughly 2-3ft away from the monitor.

-S

I'm used to my 17'' so one time when I sat down to play a game on my friend's 30'', I just felt so tiny... You can dance on that thing.

I just order a refurb 3007 from Dell outlet website for $854.93 shipped.

I shall return it if I dont like it.

Right your video card would scale a movie you play on your computer. But if you had a ps3 with blue ray the monitor wouldn't scale. So it's the console kiddies who'd have problems.

You can't hook a ps3 up to a 3007wfp-hc anyway, so not really a big issue there.

Back