Dell 3007WFP-HC $999 at CostCo

• Thread starter Deleted member 68403
  • Start date
Man...I'd love to have this over dual 21's, but the price difference is like $700.

:mad::mad::mad: Oh f*ck that.. I just ordered a damn 24'' by them too.

Temptin... I managed to get one for $900, before they dropped to $750 and disappeared...

Ah if I only had a job right now; I mean I already have a 30", but the 3007 has so much more features than my DoubleSight.

Some here, I already roll a 30" (this particular one) and a 24". But 2 30" would be awesome. If I did not blow all my money on this new house + remodeling + vacation I would be all over this. I am poor now. House hardware cost a lot of money, come on a faucet for $200, and door knobs for $25-60 a pop..........Atleast I am stimulating the economy....

If anyone doubts this monitor, i picked one up from the deal deal, and it is spectacular.

FYI they changed that epic return policy... unless you mean the 90days return/exchange as the epic return policy

FYI they changed that epic return policy... unless you mean the 90days return/exchange as the epic return policy

Yeah, I mean the 90 days as being epic. The 2 year policy they used to have was amazing, but I knew that would get exploited and come to an end sooner or later. The last time I bought a monitor was through NewEgg. That ordeal lasted 4 months and ended up with me getting my NewEgg account permanently suspended and having to file a chargeback with my credit card company to get resolution. So yes, I consider CostCo's 90 day full return policy to be epic, especially compared with the downright draconian policies of NewEgg.

hmmm needs to be cheaper cant bring myself to spend 1grand on a monitor when they were like 670 awhile back from the outlet store/ with a coupon..
I really want one though

Isn't the 30" gateway model better than this one? I'm not really trolling, just wondering. I read up on the dell's awhile ago but I forget which one had the input lag and misc problems.

Isn't the 30" gateway model better than this one? I'm not really trolling, just wondering. I read up on the dell's awhile ago but I forget which one had the input lag and misc problems.

The Gateway has considerably higher input lag due to the scaler and the panel type (MVA I believe). The Dell is a S-IPS panel and no scaler, so input lag is damn near non-existent. Also, the Gateway's have a bad reputation for not lasting more than a year, while Dell offers a great warranty and there have been no major Quality Control issues with Dell that I've heard/read about.

I use the 3007WHP-HC at work, along with a 24"... yeah, they spoil us. When I get home, it is almost hard to go back to a single 24.

ack it sounds like I had it backwards.. It was awhile ago so might have been remembering a comparison to an earlier model dell 30". I'd have to start researching heavy again if I wanted to jump on one of these I guess.

Currently I run dual monitors .. a hannspree 27.5" and a 24" widescreen sony fw900 graphics professional crt, both at 1920x1200 (60hz and 85hz respectively), which I'm very happy with. I wouldn't mind getting a 30" as part of a multiple monitor someday though. For my gaming and movie viewing display I would stick with a more reasonable native rez personally so I could run 1080p movies fullscreen without scaling, and run games without having to spend so much on dual video cards every generation. For desktop and application space such as graphics authoring/editing, webpage authoring, etc.. the 30" resolution and panel type would be a very nice additional workspace monitor to compliment my multimedia monitor(s) though.

I finally seen one of these in person, yes the quality is nice but it made me even more happy with my 28" hanns-g instead of paying 3x more for something like that

I finally seen one of these in person, yes the quality is nice but it made me even more happy with my 28" hanns-g instead of paying 3x more for something like that

The extra price of a 30" over a 28" comes from doubling the pixel density. A 28" is only going to have 1920x1200 resolution, where the 30" has 2560x1600.

The real difference is that the 3007 has an IPS panel. A 2560 30" TN panel could probably be sold for around 500$.

I agree it would be a good workspace monitor. The resolution is the big plus, and the color accuracy is good for an LCD. Response time and resolution wouldn't be my choice for my multimedia/gaming screen though. Multiple monitors is the way to go imo. Since all displays have tradeoffs, I'd rather mix and match those tradeoffs. :cool:

Don't mean to threadcrap, but I hope they fixed the power button on this model. I have a 2407 WFP from a couple years back and recently, the power button became stuck so now I have to leave the monitor on. Its not sunken in or pressed in so far as to be pushed against the frame. It is literally stuck and won't pop back out.

Yet the display switch button, which I hit more often than the power button, (I have both my PC and my 360 hooked up, DVI and VGA respectively, and switch back and forth a LOT daily) is still sticking out just fine and works just fine, albeit the painting/etching on it has gone away. That said, I myself am discouraged from getting another Dell monitor, BUT, by no means am I saying don't get this monitor. The display for my 2407 is beautiful for everything I do and I myself don't experience ghosting for gaming. I'm just saying if you can, you might want to examine it up close and personal before buying. Little things like buttons getting stuck over time really suck. Especially when at the time, my monitor set me back 650 plus shipping.

Don't mean to threadcrap, but I hope they fixed the power button on this model. I have a 2407 WFP from a couple years back and recently, the power button became stuck so now I have to leave the monitor on. Its not sunken in or pressed in so far as to be pushed against the frame. It is literally stuck and won't pop back out.
Can you turn the button with a fingertip? If it's not centered exactly on high noon, it may stick in down position, and sometimes lining it back up straight will pop it back out.

I bought it for $CAN 830 + taxes at Dell.ca a few months ago...:D
At that time $CAN 830 ~ $US 670...

My HP LP3065 has the same panel as this. Beautiful. Definitely a good investment.

I was using a Samsung 32" prior, and the difference is huge.

Should I go for it, Dan? I know you [H] guys have some of these. Is the 3008 worth the premium, or do you think I'd be plenty happy with this?

I'd rather have a 3007WFP-HC than a 3008WFP. The 3008WFP has a ton of inputs, but it is my understanding that the input lag is nearly unbearable.

I'd like to pick up one of these, is the rig in my signature good enough to handle it? I mainly do internet and gaming.

I'd like to pick up one of these, is the rig in my signature good enough to handle it? I mainly do internet and gaming.

Everything looks good but the video card. A Geforce GTX 280 isn't enough for some games at 2560x1600. Add AA and AF into the mix, or even run some games at max eye candy aside from AA and AF and you'll probably find that the card will fall short. A second one in SLI would do the job, or a single 4870 X2 would be a great upgrade. A Geforce GTX 295 is probably ok too, but I wish they had more RAM for each GPU and a wider memory bus, with better clocks.

Can you turn the button with a fingertip? If it's not centered exactly on high noon, it may stick in down position, and sometimes lining it back up straight will pop it back out.

I've turned it a few times trying to get it to behave. I have it on high noon and you can feel that one side is sunken in.

Everything looks good but the video card. A Geforce GTX 280 isn't enough for some games at 2560x1600. Add AA and AF into the mix, or even run some games at max eye candy aside from AA and AF and you'll probably find that the card will fall short. A second one in SLI would do the job, or a single 4870 X2 would be a great upgrade. A Geforce GTX 295 is probably ok too, but I wish they had more RAM for each GPU and a wider memory bus, with better clocks.

I would argue against that. Personally, you really don't need crazy hardware to run 25x16. I only have a pair of 9800gtx cards in SLi, and I can still run almost any game at full or almost-full settings. (no AA, but with this many pixels, who cares) Additionally, most games currently being made are also either multi-platform and held back by console hardware, or are made to be played on a wide variety of computers like Blizzard or Valve do. I would then argue that PC graphics have far outstripped the requirements of most games, and will continue to do so for a good amount of time into the future.

If you HAVE to play the few actually demanding games at absolute full settings, then you might want to upgrade, but until then I would argue it isn't so necessary.

The power button on this model is one of the heat sensitive buttons. Its not a real button anymore.

I would argue against that. Personally, you really don't need crazy hardware to run 25x16. I only have a pair of 9800gtx cards in SLi, and I can still run almost any game at full or almost-full settings. (no AA, but with this many pixels, who cares) Additionally, most games currently being made are also either multi-platform and held back by console hardware, or are made to be played on a wide variety of computers like Blizzard or Valve do. I would then argue that PC graphics have far outstripped the requirements of most games, and will continue to do so for a good amount of time into the future.

If you HAVE to play the few actually demanding games at absolute full settings, then you might want to upgrade, but until then I would argue it isn't so necessary.

Sorry, I disagree. I've tried it with a single GTX 280. No thanks. Sure it works fine for older games but not so much for newer titles. It isn't as if there is anything out there (Crysis not withstanding) that are unplayable at 2560x1600 using a single Geforce GTX 280, but many games show a fairly large improvement with a second card. And for me, AA and AF are almost a must have. I want to play everything on max settings if I can. 3 Geforce GTX 280's let me just about do that where one card could not.

hmmm needs to be cheaper cant bring myself to spend 1grand on a monitor when they were like 670 awhile back from the outlet store/ with a coupon..
I really want one though

I'm so upset I missed out on these. Is there any idea when they will do this again?

I'm so upset I missed out on these. Is there any idea when they will do this again?

Considering that the Dell Outlet hasn't stocked these since late March, early April, I doubt we'll be seeing it again for a while.

Back