Dell 3007WFP-HC 30in LCD Monitor $1269 Shipped

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Dell Home has the new Dell 3007WFP-HC 30in TrueColor LCD Monitor 2560x1600, Dual Link DVI, 700:1 contrast, 11ms, 3yr advanced exchange warranty on sale for $1269 shipped free.

115 views not even a single comment. I think it is not a bad deal, and you can always find some dell coupons.

Not a bad price... I'm happy with my refurb 3007WFP for $1149 w/ 5 year warranty though :D

What exactly are these Dell Coupons everyone keeps mentioning?

2% off for using a 'Dell Preferred Account'?
10% off for signing up for Dell's Newsletter? (thats seem too good to be true)

Is there a list of uptodate discounts/rebates/coupons from Dell somewhere?

In for one. Our company is paying $1191 with all of our discounts, so $1269 off the normal web site isn't bad.

The fun part is that it's replacing the Westy 37" on my desk. Nice monitor, but I need something with higher resolution.

Dell Home has the new Dell 3007WFP-HC 30in TrueColor LCD Monitor 2560x1600, Dual Link DVI, 700:1 contrast, 11ms, 3yr advanced exchange warranty on sale for $1269 shipped free.

The contrast is 1000:1 not 700:1 -- just an fyi :)

Full spec is:
Max Resolution: 2560x1600
Total Pixels: 4,096,000px
Response: 12ms
Contrast: 1000:1
Dot Pitch: 0.250mm
Brightness: 300 cd/m²
Viewing Angle: ±178°/±178°
Inputs: DVI-D with HDCP
Other I/O: 4x USB, 9-in-2 Media Card Reader

HDCP btw is High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.. yes that would be DRM for your freaking monitor. I'm going to try to stick with NON-DRM hardware as long as possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

HDCP support sounds just the opposite to being negative to me.. if you don't run an HDCP supported display then they would only receive a 960x540 pixel signal rather then the full beauty of HD content. Or in the worst case scenario no display at all. It also goes on to state that the majority of the movie studios aren't tagging their HD content anytime soon because the majority of people are still running on non HDCP supported displays.

In the end.. what are you worried about? How many pirated films are you going to get that are HD format? Plus theres already been reports of this 'ingenious' system being hacked. Support your studios on films you like by buying their HD DVD or Blueray richness.. not pirating it. If you don't like em then suffer with low res versions or just don't get them and maybe they'll release better movies in the future.

This would be a really good monitor. However, the resolution is too high so I wont be able to plug in older computer/laptop. When will they have a 27" on sale.

Whats is Dell's policy/loopholes on the # of dead pixels for it to be considered returnable? (Just in case I happen to get the ugly duckling)

Is your final price including tax though? And what sort of discounts? where might I locate some?
The main discounts are from buying a crapload of monitors from them. There's more room to negotiate on pricing when you're buying 100+ monitors a month.

Back