Dell 3007 WFPT - Need opinions.

Percy

Gawd
There is this guy on Craigslist selling 5x Dell 3007 WFPT for 420 each.. I would like to buy one, but they are used. How long do these monitors last? Is there anything I should inspect when seeing the monitor? I want to go and check them out tomorrow and hopefully buy one if they are in good shape. Any suggestions as to what to look for when inspecting them / testing them would be great!

Thanks!

3007WFPT? Never heard of it. There is a Dell 3007WFP and a 3007WFP-HC but not a WFPT as far as I know.

EDIT: Evidently it is identical to the Dell 3007WFP-HC. $420 seems really low for those however. I'd beware only because they seem too cheap.

With almost the same internals ( same panel, same backlight ) my apple is about to become 6 years old. Nothing wrong on the monitor side, but the power brick sometimes goes out of business- olf capacitors most likely. Most of these 2005-2007 monitors are lasting way longer than the rated lifetime of their backlights, so i would safely assume that these board uses top rated components and would die slowling as the backlight ages.
Still USD 420 buys you a korean LED 1440p, that most sane persons would bet that will last shorter than a 5 y old 3007.
You can buy all 5? if you can, go for it. if you can not, you better off waiting for the dell 3014 next month.

With almost the same internals ( same panel, same backlight ) my apple is about to become 6 years old. Nothing wrong on the monitor side, but the power brick sometimes goes out of business- olf capacitors most likely. Most of these 2005-2007 monitors are lasting way longer than the rated lifetime of their backlights, so i would safely assume that these board uses top rated components and would die slowling as the backlight ages.
Still USD 420 buys you a korean LED 1440p, that most sane persons would bet that will last shorter than a 5 y old 3007.
You can buy all 5? if you can, go for it. if you can not, you better off waiting for the dell 3014 next month.

I've got three 3007WFP-HC's and their power hardware is internal. It's not a brick like Apple used.

The 3007WFP are known to have a power supply problem where a diode is underrated for its use and eventually burns out.

I LOVE the 3007WFP-HC. It has NO input lag that I can see at all. Been gaming on it for about 3-4 years now and no issues whatsoever (knock on wood) and I use my computer A LOT.

The 3007WFP are known to have a power supply problem where a diode is underrated for its use and eventually burns out.

I've got an old 3007WFP and it works fine. I've got two 3007WFP-HC's and they both work. I believe Kyle has two 3007WFP's or more as well. All good.

Try and find out when they were manufactured/how many hours are on them if possible. That model is getting long in the tooth...

Hey if you did not find one yet, I picked one up on ebay. I put the link below because this company has quite a few of them for sale. They come with a 30 day warranty and some had small scratches. Mine had one that had a hairline scratch that came out with a little vaseline. It ended up being a 3007wfp-hc and was a 2009 model. My username is madcow0812 and you can see i gave them a great feedback. This is great for battlefied 3 and i do not see any gosting or lag. All of my color controls are done with my 680gtx so it is completely worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-ULTRASHARP-3007WFP-30-WIDESCREEN-LCD-MONITOR-BLACK-ASb-/221194999630?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item33803fd74e

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got 3 of these and I have had 5 at one time. They are great monitors and I've never had a problem with there backlights, power supply, or internal electronics. I did have two that had some permanent image persistence that were from air ports, but I knew about them when I bought them and got them for cheap.

The 3007WFPT is the same as the -HC version. $420 is a pretty good price for them since they usually go for about $500 used. When you go check them out, just have them plug it in and run a white screen (you can use a dead pixel test online or set a white background) and see if there are any clearly visible blemishes or dead pixels in clearly visible areas. I got some used monitors and didn't notice a cluster of scratches until I did that and ended up returning them for replacements. Aside from that, just have a look at the condition and judge for yourself. Also listen closely for any audible whine since that may be an indication that something's wrong. Seems like it's worth it at that price. Good luck!

The 3007WFPt is the same as the 3007WFP-HC as someone mentioned already. No clue why the name difference but it may have been a bundled product number. Anyway $420 is a good price. Maybe try to haggle it down a bit more as these LCDs would be hard to move for CL for even $420 especially if the seller has 5.

Back