Dell 2709w Brightness issue

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
I really don't know how to explain this clearly, but I'll give it a shot. While playing Warhammer and WoW I notice that my screen gets a notch brighter every time my character begins to walk. When I stop walking, my screen goes back to normal. The brightness change is very small, but it is still big enough to be an annoyance. Could the monitor be defective or maybe there is a setting I can change to fix this?

Make sure you don't have "dynamic contrast" on in the OSD > Menu > Display Settings.

I generally would doubt that the monitor would do this on its own. I have seen similar problems with older ATI drivers and games like Oblivion in the past, but never as a result of the monitor on its own.

I really don't know how to explain this clearly, but I'll give it a shot. While playing Warhammer and WoW I notice that my screen gets a notch brighter every time my character begins to walk. When I stop walking, my screen goes back to normal. The brightness change is very small, but it is still big enough to be an annoyance. Could the monitor be defective or maybe there is a setting I can change to fix this?

Thanks for responding 10e. No dynamic contrast is on and I am using the latest nvidia drivers. The only thing I can think of that's causing this is maybe the dvi cable. Other than that, I'm clueless.

If DC is off you may want to try a different game to see if it does it as well. I wouldn't think that motion would cause darkening or brightening of the screen, unless it's also a problem in your windows desktop, such as when you move windows around on the screen etc...

If you have anything else to connect, like a console or player, see if it also does it. This should help isolate the problem as being specific to your video card/PC as opposed to the monitor.

I know that gaming on my 2709W hasn't shown this, but I'll try Fallout 3 when I unpack it tonight and see if I have this issue. I'm on ATI though through Display Port.

Back