Dell 2707WFP Released

not a bad looking monitor though.Probably gonna sell my 24" and add some more money and get it

why they change from black to gray, and the back? they finaly had it. and the foot, the v was so sexy.;)

Truecolor actually seems to refer to the wider color gamut, 92% rather than the hitherto usual 72%. A number of new monitor models, such as the NEC 2690, the HP 3065 and the upcoming Dell 3007WFP-HC have this.

By the way, the price for the 2707 has already dropped to $1259 on the Dell site, now $15 less than the 3007, which I guess they want to sell off in advance of the new model.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=us&category_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Funny... Dell can sell cheap monitors with different panel types betting the public/consumers en masse don't understand all the specifications/technical terms - they just want a good price. Then they bring in a 27" listed very high compared to competitors and expect the public will have a sudden epiphany and understand 'oh I see this is a better monitor because of x,y,z... let me get my wallet...."

On the other hand why not list them high for something 'new'. People will buy and then they'll drop the price.

Yeah I'm hoping the price comes down some.

People... calm down! :D

First, if it was just released... then the pricing is more of a 'retail' price, and there will be deals and drops as time goes on. Remember how much the 2405 was originally, or even the 2407 dropped a lot.

Second, the 30" and this new 27" are totally different animals. The 30" is geared towards graphics professionals who need the super high resolution it has.... AND have the proper equipment to drive it. You'll need a graphics card with lots of power, and dual link DVI to drive that kind of rez.

The 2407, and this 2707 are the normal 1920x1200 rez. The 27" just gives a bigger display for people who don't want the very fine dot-pitch (maybe you're older and don't want text so small, etc.), or for people who will be thinking about using it as a LCD TV as well as a computer monitor. They will want to have at least 1080p rez (1920x1080), but want a bit bigger actual screen size.

This looks interesting to me, but I'll need to find out more about it, as well as hope the price comes down a bit. But, I'm guessing it will.

I was told that the picture quality on this unit is allot better then the current 30" or current 24" out.

I was told that the picture quality on this unit is allot better then the current 30" or current 24" out.

Here is a review of it.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2080696,00.asp

(Oopps... just noticed that someone already put this link on the first page.... but I guess won't hurt to repeat it, as it seems to be about the only info I can find so far. The review is also full of quite a few typos and wrong pics with wrong descriptions and stuff... but if you read around that, it gives a LOT of info.)

I'm not sure 'better picture quality' would be the best way to describe it. It looks better in some aspects, like in colors, especially the blacks. However, remember that the 30" is a LOT more pixels, so that will make it 'look' better if you have the hardware to drive that kind of rez.

But, just remember that it is a double edged sword. The more pixels you have, the more serious every aspect of your hardware needs to be to drive it. I really don't want the extreme rez of the 30", so I really like the idea of this 27".

I'm very interested in this, but not at the price they are asking. If they happen to drop it before I have to buy something... I might give it a shot. I think I'd have to see it near $1k before it would be attractive to me.

Got my 2707WFP delivered today, here's some quick observations.

1. The courier had troubling carrying the box it's so big.

2. The menu has changed from the 2407 and is a lot easier to use. THere's no gaming,desktop, multimedia which to me is a good thing and a sign that someone out there is listening in Dell land.

3. Menu settings include 1:1, Aspect and Fill options. I checked the 1:1 and it works!!

4. I checked the following resolutions and all worked correctly with 1:1 sclaing 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1600x1200, 1680x1050,1280x1024

5. DVI supports all video resolutions upto 1080P whilst component supports up to 1080i.

6. I used monitor test 2.2 for checking the color and it was excellent. No gradient problems, text was clear and sharp.

now i just need to find a place to put that big carboard box. :)

So why did you take the plunge? Need it for work or you have money to burn? I totally want it but will not even think about it until it good and under $1000. Why not get two 2407s?

Got my 2707WFP delivered today, ...)

So why did you take the plunge? Need it for work or you have money to burn? I totally want it but will not even think about it until it good and under $1000. Why not get two 2407s?

Needed it for work and convinced my boss i needed a screen that has a higher color gamut.
:cool:

4. I checked the following resolutions and all worked correctly with 1:1 sclaing 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1600x1200, 1680x1050,1280x1024

6. I used monitor test 2.2 for checking the color and it was excellent. No gradient problems, text was clear and sharp.
This is the best monitor-related news I have heard in a very, very long time. After a year and a half of waiting, I've finally found the perfect LCD display for my needs.

Now goddamnit, Dell, DROP THE FREAKING PRICE!!!

P.S.
Pictures please. :p
:)

Cool! Thanks for the observations. If you have some way... could you test SD rez material on it over Component somehow? Stuff like standard cable and game consoles. It seems that component inputs and scalers, etc seem to vary greatly on different models... so I'm really curious how well this model does it. (ex: the 2405 seemed to do a pretty good job, but the 2407 was pretty bad at it in comparison.)

I think it might be out of my price range. :( But, it does seem to be what I'm looking for. If it drops a bit, or I get 'authorized' to spend just a bit more.... it might fit my needs. Thanks.

Sounds mega, I'm planning to game with this, please please tell us about input lag on it.

Thanks!

1. The courier had troubling carrying the box it's so big.

2. The menu has changed from the 2407 and is a lot easier to use. THere's no gaming,desktop, multimedia which to me is a good thing and a sign that someone out there is listening in Dell land.

3. Menu settings include 1:1, Aspect and Fill options. I checked the 1:1 and it works!!

5. DVI supports all video resolutions upto 1080P whilst component supports up to 1080i.

now i just need to find a place to put that big carboard box. :)

Could you post some pictures. Considering this monitor or the Dell 3007-HC. Nice to hear some positive reviews, Thanks

wow thats huuuugeee. 1:1 works!! so far so good, looks like we might have a winner... now just need to wait till its below 1000....:rolleyes:

Hey,

Could someone comment on how the PIP works on this screen (is it limited like Benq's or can we switch btwn any of the inputs?)

Also, can someone put the screen next to another screen for comparison? (24" if possible?)

Thanks! Lets keep the screens and info rolling on this screen...so far things sound pretty good.

Tommmmmmmmmmmy

If the 27" would be priced at $999 then a majority of the people would buy that more than the 30" because 27" would be a more ideal size to most people. It's basically a 24" that is 3 inches bigger. But, I don't mind it being only max 1920 x 1200 because that is plenty resolution as it is and enough to support HD resolutions. Also, on a 24" 1920 x 1200 would look smaller at its native resolution as oppose to 27" with 1920 x 1200 native. Plus, a Dual Link DVI card is needed for the 30" resolution as oppose to the 27" where 1 DVI card is adequate.

but I'm little concerned about pixel pitch on those new 27", maybe it's more reasonable to wait for 24" samsung?

but I'm little concerned about pixel pitch on those new 27", maybe it's more reasonable to wait for 24" samsung?

This is one thing that came to mind on the 27". How much will it be affected by the increase of the pixel pitch from a .27mm on a 24" to .303mm on a 27"?

This is one thing that came to mind on the 27". How much will it be affected by the increase of the pixel pitch from a .27mm on a 24" to .303mm on a 27"?
If I recall correctly, the pixel pitch on the 27 is only a little bigger than the pixel pitch on a 19 inch 4:3 monitor. I use a 19 inch at work and home and I don't mind this at all. Why not go to a retail store and look at a 19 inch monitor? If you find that pixel pitch too big, then you certainly wouldn't like the 27 inch.

That's retarded that the superior 3007 is less expensive. I guess we're just in bizarro-world today!

The 2707 is SUPERIOR TO THE 3007.

It has far better contrast and also supports VGA, HDCP DVI, Component, Composite and S-Video.

Dell has this correctly priced. This isn't the only monitor like this. You'll find some 22"/24" LCDs that are cheaper than their 20" brethren, due to technology.

Dell has this correctly priced. This isn't the only monitor like this. You'll find some 22"/24" LCDs that are cheaper than their 20" brethren, due to technology.
Even considering what this monitor offers, you really think $1400 is the "correct" price? The upcoming Samsung has virtually identical specs (same panel) with the exception that it uses dynamic contrast to bump the contrast ratio to 3000:1, and its retail price (before discounts) will be $999. The Dell does seem impressive, but I don't see anything to justify the price discrepancy (other than the fact that it's available right now, unlike the Samsung).

Bingo.

I'll be curious to see the 2707 price when the competition enters the playing field.

If you have a Dell business account they are having some good end of quarter pricing. I just ordered 2 for $933 each delivered. No Shipping (UPS Ground) and no Tax.

I can't wait to mount them on me Ergotron HD arm. :)

If you have a Dell business account they are having some good end of quarter pricing. I just ordered 2 for $933 each delivered. No Shipping (UPS Ground) and no Tax.

Anyway us non-business account guys can get that deal? for under $1000, i'd hop on that real fast...

I purchased one yesterday. I went through 3 sales people before they finally gave me a 10% discount on my home account. The price is still too high, but I really wanted the monitor. It will be here tomorrow.

Back